double rig, single site?

graygables

<font color=blue>Doesn't like to discuss the Y2K P
If I have a class c towing a TT, are ther enough hookups on a single site, or is there an adapter to make it work?

As I understand it, there is only one RV per site, some sites barely have room for one. They have 30 amp and 50 amp but both being used would probably blow out. You can put a rv and tent on a site and up to 10 people per site..

Last summer there was a site in the 800 loop that had 2 popups on a single site. I am not sure what the official policy with Disney on this is but I was shocked to see 2 units on a single site. It takes most of the site for us to get our 5th wheel in place.

Official policy is 1 RV (unit) per site and 1 tent maximum. Maximum 10 people per site.

Yep, just like all the previous posters have said, one RV per site. If you are bringing 2 RV's to Disney, you are going to have to get two sites. There are pretty clear guidelines on the Disney website as to what you can put on one site.

800 loop must the one with all of the multiple, last july there was a class A and a pop up on the same site, the pop up was in front of the site, so you could not miss it.

If I have a class c towing a TT, are ther enough hookups on a single site, or is there an adapter to make it work?

How big is your Class C and TT?

If FW will let you put both on one site, I've seen splitters that can take a 50A receptacle and turn it into dual 30A receptacles. I've never used one personally, but that may work for you. Do a search on rv.net/forums, I bet somebody there has an answer for you.

How big is your Class C and TT?

If FW will let you put both on one site, I've seen splitters that can take a 50A receptacle and turn it into dual 30A receptacles. I've never used one personally, but that may work for you. Do a search on rv.net/forums, I bet somebody there has an answer for you.

I built for under $150 a dual 30A to 50A dogbone to power my dual 30A feed trailer. Details are in my mods link in my sig in the first few pictures of that album.

Larry

I found the Y adapter I was looking for: Marinco 2-30A to 50A 125/250 Volt RV "Y" Adapter
169AYRV.jpg

Larry, is this similar to your setup?

Policy states 1 camping unit per site, but I know a camper who tows a utility trailer behind his C and sets up bunks in it for additional sleeping quarters. He parks it across the pad so the C can fit in. If your TT is tiny (like an R-Pod), you may get away with it, but I wouldn't risk it if you MUST have the TT... the chances you get told to park it in the overflow lot are just too great. If the TT would just be a nice bonus, I'd say give it a shot. The Fort is nothing if not consistent about their enforcement of their own rules! As for connections, I have seen 50 to 30 amp converters even at Walmart, so you'd be set if you need two 30s. Hose and cable splitters are also available at Walmart. The only real problem would be sewer, but you can just use your holding tanks and treat the site sewer like a dump station for the second unit.

ShantaClausSm.png

We once towed a teardrop trailer behind our MH and parked it crosswise at the back of our site for our daughter's family. One 20 amp line and a cable splitter worked for them since they spent most of the time in the parks or our MH. No sewer hookup. I had told them that whoever used it emptied it. No problem. Comfort stations.

Policy states 1 camping unit per site, but I know a camper who tows a utility trailer behind his C and sets up bunks in it for additional sleeping quarters. He parks it across the pad so the C can fit in. If your TT is tiny (like an R-Pod), you may get away with it, but I wouldn't risk it if you MUST have the TT... the chances you get told to park it in the overflow lot are just too great. If the TT would just be a nice bonus, I'd say give it a shot. The Fort is nothing if not consistent about their enforcement of their own rules! As for connections, I have seen 50 to 30 amp converters even at Walmart, so you'd be set if you need two 30s. Hose and cable splitters are also available at Walmart. The only real problem would be sewer, but you can just use your holding tanks and treat the site sewer like a dump station for the second unit.

ShantaClausSm.png

Your not referring to my guest house are you :rotfl2:
CIMG4295.jpg

Thanks for the replies. I'm still in my "blue sky" stage and I'm trying to consider all of my options. I'm a single mom w/ 2 kids (14 & 12) looking to fulltime, but a single unit isn't going to cut it space-wise. My thought is to get the C for me, the TT for them to have their own "space". Plus, when I'm ready to cut them loose, they wouldn't have to be homeless and I can go on my merry way with room for 1 in the C. 2 sites wouldn't sit well as they are still minors and would defeat the purpose of money-saving. I had understood that FTW could accommodate up to a 60' rig and mine would be near there.

My other option is to figure out how to build a "tiny house" that has a second floor that lifts up onsite, but compacts to be road-legal for moving it. That would be my preferred choice, just b/c I like things a little quirky and it would be a lot less $$ than 2 RVs. I'm just challenged with the realities of physics in my designs.

Maybe you should consider a popup for them. It would tow easier and cheaper, and should be more likely to hide behind the C.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter