Double October Birthday Palooza-Lots New 5/12 & Now Complete!!!!!

All caught up Melanie - great updates - you had a really full day in Epcot!

Happy Thanksgiving!

some time we will do the segway tour, prob when the kids are older cause my parents will want to do it also, but then noone will watch parker

Did you say Kidzzzz?

Are you still mad at us for breaking the train and the ride in toon town last year? :lmao:
Not mad at all, but I still remember.
Yes....you shall be blamed for ever for breaking the train........

The Daisy's broke it!!!!!
See it's not just me.
mmmm fish and chips, but you forgot to show the pictures of those?
:laughing:
He started eating them too fast for me to get a pic. :lmao:
:love: MK opening ceremony :love:
I loved it too Jenn.
You were able to get a lot done before lunch! :thumbsup2
We did get alot accomplished. Guess getting there at opening really does pay off.
All caught up Melanie - great updates - you had a really full day in Epcot!Happy Thanksgiving!
Glad you are caught up Tammie. We had full days every day I think.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!!!
thnk-mic01.gif

I will try to get another update up this weekend. I am working in ICU today & tomorrow.

All caught up Melanie - great updates - you had a really full day in Epcot!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Did you say Kidzzzz?
yeah when, we have another kid and they are both older...not saying that candi is pregnant, we are waiting about another year or so...

Uh oh you caught me Andrea.........well, I sort of lost my mo-jo & not many people were reading so............:rolleyes1
So at this late date should I finish????????

So when we last left our travelers, we had just had a nice lunch at Columbia Harbour House. When we came out of the restaurant, we happened upon some great jazz music & a couple of new characters heading to the river boat.
IMG_0538-1.jpg

Then we saw a princess & a prince that used to be cute cuddly frogs.
IMG_0539-1.jpg

We walked around to try to catch the Hall of Presidents, but our timing was off, but we saw some cool pumpkins
IMG_0542.jpg

and of course the obligatory side view of the castle---does anyone ever go & not take a million pictures of the castle?
IMG_0543.jpg

We rode Snow White & then went to Toontown to catch the train which we rode to Frontierland. Then we walked on over to Adventureland.
IMG_0590.jpg

We rode with the scurvy pirates. Anyone else ready for the next movie with Capn' Jack?
IMG_0571.jpg

We climbed up the treehouse for the great views.
IMG_0578.jpg

We then went to Hall of Presidents & browsed some of the new memoriabilia that they have in the lobby.
IMG_0594.jpg

The show is WONDERFUL & stirring. It really does make you feel proud to be an American.
IMG_0601.jpg

The Imagineers got this redo very right in my humble opinion.
IMG_0609.jpg

We took a break to go to the potty & we saw the cutest thing. A little squirel munching away on a saltine cracker. He was turning it around & around in his cute little hands.
IMG_0618.jpg

We then enjoyed Philharmgic, Buzz & Carousel of Progress.Then of course we rode TTA & then went for our first ever comedy show at Monster Ince Laugh Floor. Really great interactive fun.
IMG_0641.jpg

We headed over to Toontown & saw how Mickey & Minnie had decorated for Halloween.
IMG_0643.jpg

IMG_0653.jpg

IMG_0659.jpg

I took alot of pictures of details like this one since Toontown is going away with the new Fantasyland expansion.
IMG_0660.jpg

We took a spin in a honey pot after looking at the Treehouse for some hidden Mickeys. Then browsed down Main Street on our way out of the Magic Kingdom. We saw a bit of the Move It Shake It Celebrate It street party.
Then we walked over to Bay Lake Towers to have a look around............wow is that a long walk after you have had a long full day at MK.
We had dinner reservations at The Wave at the Contemporary. Our table wasn't quit ready so we went over to the bar & got a mojito....it was so cool & refreshing after such a hot day.
IMG_0692.jpg

We shared an avocado citrus salad.
IMG_0694.jpg

and chicken lettuce wraps....these tasted like coffee to me....weird.
IMG_0695.jpg

I had the pork tenderloin & it was tasty.
IMG_0696.jpg

Eric had the chicken pot pie-which he didn't really like.
IMG_0697.jpg

We were too full for dessert. We made it a priority this trip to try new restaurants. This one was really not a favorite this trip so not sure we will go back to the Wave. The mojito was our favorite thing.
We caught a bus back to SSR & browsed around the lobby areas some.
We had another mojito at the Turf Club Bar.
IMG_0710.jpg

We found some pretty cool Disney touches in there.
IMG_0706.jpg

IMG_0707.jpg

We then walked back to our room to turn in for the night but not before saying hello to Donald Duck at the pool.
IMG_0712.jpg

Up next.....free day wonder what fun we will get up to?

Thanks for continuing Melanie! Too bad about the Wave. The food did look good though. That Princess and the Frog jazz parade looks cool. I wish that they would keep it around for a while.

So glad you decided to continue Melanie!! Love your pictures.

We ate at The Wave last month and I was just kinda ehhh about it as well. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great either. There are so many good restaurants in WDW that I doubt this one will get a second visit from us.

Hi Melanie! Still reading and glad you're back!

I love the impromptu parades that happen in the world!

Love your pics! You got some really great shots of the castle and flowers.

And Yes, it is time for another Captain Jack movie!:thumbsup2

Waiting for more!popcorn::

Thanks for continuing Melanie! Too bad about the Wave. The food did look good though. That Princess and the Frog jazz parade looks cool. I wish that they would keep it around for a while.
You are welcome Andrea. :teeth: It was cool seeing the Princess & Frog parade & I wish we would have stayed put & watched them sing aboard the riverboat.

So glad you decided to continue Melanie!! Love your pictures.

We ate at The Wave last month and I was just kinda ehhh about it as well. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great either. There are so many good restaurants in WDW that I doubt this one will get a second visit from us.
Glad you guys encouraged me to continue. Yeah the Wave isn't going to be a repeat for us either probably.....just too many places that we know are good to go back to one that is just so so. And, I have subbed to your report now I have 18 pages to catch up on........I haven't been dissing much & see all that I miss when I do....sheesh.

Hi Melanie! Still reading and glad you're back!

I love the impromptu parades that happen in the world!

Love your pics! You got some really great shots of the castle and flowers.

And Yes, it is time for another Captain Jack movie!:thumbsup2

Waiting for more!popcorn::
Thanks Tammie. I really love my new camera.
More coming up.......

the wave is where my parents are taking parker while candi and i are at the luau on our trip, i hope they like there meals better than you.

and i bet the chicken was rubbed in a coffee mixture before they grilled it.

So this trip we had planned a few days that we would relax & not go into the parks. Today was one of those days.
We slept in which was very nice after 2 long days of hitting the parks. Then, we walked up front to have breakfast at Artist's Palette.
IMG_0701.jpg

img_0578-1.jpg

Then we did some exploring around SSR---it is a really big resort & there are lots of things to see.
IMG_0728.jpg

img_0586.jpg

img_0588.jpg

After our exploration, we went back to the room & Eric headed to the fitness center while I caught up on editing photos. Next, we went to the pool. We decided not to go up to the main pool because we had a perfectly lovely pool near our building that had a great view of DTD. So we could hang in the pool & the hot tub & watch the characters in flight balloon go up. We had a great time relaxing there.
We went back to Artist's Palette & had lunch. I had a chinese chicken salad & Eric had some sort of wrap.
IMG_0733.jpg

We looked at the main pool area & decided we liked our quiet pool better.
IMG_0735.jpg

Next, we caught a bus to Winterland/Summerland mini golf by Blizzard Beach. This is such a cute place & we really enjoyed the theming. We decided to play the winter side. We practically had the course to ourselves.
IMG_0739.jpg

IMG_0746.jpg

There are a couple of holes that when you sink your ball something pops up to surprise you. See the cute Mickey cookie?
IMG_0747.jpg

IMG_0749.jpg

Us being silly.....
img_0594-1.jpg

img_0595.jpg

IMG_0753.jpg

It was a very close game & we ended up tied up! Mickey seemed to approve.
IMG_0754.jpg

We would have liked to play the other side as well, but it was getting late & we needed to head back to the resort to get cleaned up for dinner. We were having dinner with some friends that we made last year on our wonderful Adventures by Disney Backstage Magic trip that live in Orlando. We cleaned up & walked over to DTD (it was really great to be able to walk & not have to catch a bus). This is a view of our room across the lake at SSR from DTD.
IMG_0763.jpg

Our room was the 1st set of sliding glass door to the right of the bench.

We were having dinner at Raglan Road-the Irish Pub.
img_0602.jpg

We were excited to try it out.
img_0603.jpg

We didn't have to wait but a minute for Mildred & Sakina. There were hugs all around & then we went in to eat. It was so great chatting & getting caught up with each other over some great food.
I had a cocktail which I cannot recall the name of, but it packed a whollop.
IMG_0768.jpg

We had the Chicken Lickin' appetizer which was yummy.
IMG_0769.jpg

I had the Pie in the Sky-which was a delicious chicken pot pie.
IMG_0770.jpg

Eric had the Keen Eye for the Shepherds Pie-he loves shepherds pie & he said this was delicious.
IMG_0771.jpg

And then we shared the Ger's Bread & Butter Pudding which was really rich & yummy.
IMG_0772.jpg

Here we all are having a great time.
IMG_0776.jpg

It was great of Mildred & Sakina to take time out of their regular lives to come & meet us for dinner & we had a wonderful time.

Cont in next post as I have reached my photo limit.....

Isnt' the Winter Summerland course so much fun! We did the winter side the last time we were there. We would have done the other side but I was recovering from food poisoning and decided to go see a movie instead. I am glad that you had fun with Milred and Sakina. I can't wait to see them this year!

the sheppards pie does look really good, was the veggies in it, could not tell.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter