• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Double FP for resort guests with seperate tickets.

Does this mean I could triple dip by using my KTTW card and my regular paper tickets in addition to my FastPass+ selections for August???

:)

Drat! Advantage back to the testers!;)
If this is true, and they can't block certain KTTW cards without blocking all of them, then I think RD just became even more important for August. Glad that was our plan either way.

Does this mean I could triple dip by using my KTTW card and my regular paper tickets in addition to my FastPass+ selections for August???

:)

I actually think it is still only double dip- I believe the paper tickets get moved to the magic bands. At least that is what they told me prior to my trip when I was contemplating moving my AP vouchers to them- they said the passes would only be valid with the reservation (so put on the KTTW card or magic band). Can't say I would not still try, though!

I am going in Aug and not part of FPP testing. Also don't have any expired tickets or KTTW cards without tickets.

If there is anyone that has expired tickets or KTTW cards without tickets the're not using.... I'd be interested in "borrowing" them :rolleyes1

Great. So when we go in August, I'm neither a tester and our tickets will be on our KTTW cards. Wonderful. Boy I wish I was at day 46, this vacation would so be cancelled at this point.

(Happy for everyone else though, enjoy ;) )

If this continues I'll be taking the 30 or so old entrance media I have collected over the years and I'll be able to ride everything 30 times. I'll call it Fastpass++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I'm not sure that it would work with expired tickets or KTTW cards from previous trips-I would think that it would know the ticket was expired or that the keys were from past years.

HMMM :scratchin wonder about unused tickets that were on an old KTTW card that was not used to enter the park. Few years back we purchased the Platinum plan for a day, but didn't use the actual admission since we had APs at the time, wonder if those would work if we weren't using them for admission-we will be on the FD package already.

If this continues I'll be taking the 30 or so old entrance media I have collected over the years and I'll be able to ride everything 30 times. I'll call it Fastpass++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

:lmao:

It would be a return of the glory days of very early FP. We had essentially unlimited FPs, because I had brought like 6 old room keys. Every one would give an FP. Rumor was VERY early on, any credit card with a magnetic strip worked. I tried that, but didn't have success.

But I agree, I can see the entire FP system coming to its knees in just a few days now that this cat is out of the bag. He'll eat mickey in one big bite.

Even if it is just current KTTW cards, you are giving double FPs to those in the know. And that group is growing exponentially as I type this. And Disney deserves this SNAFU because of shoddy IT programming.

As for a PP, I'm surprised more folks DON'T buy 2 tickets for a day. If you buy them with a 7 day ticket, you're paying around $70 or so. Many parks charge that much for their premium line skipping passes.

In fact, it would be a heck of a lot cheaper than a VIP tour. Just buy like 3 tickets for everybody. You'll be swimming in Fastpasses. I'm sure some folks do this. I may be tempted to do it if I ever return to TDL. If you're traveling overseas, what is an extra few hundred dollars to double your rides? There were lots of folks on here that said they'd pay $99 for extra FPs. Ummmm, you can do that now, for less than that.

Jason

Great. So when we go in August, I'm neither a tester and our tickets will be on our KTTW cards. Wonderful. Boy I wish I was at day 46, this vacation would so be cancelled at this point.

(Happy for everyone else though, enjoy ;) )

That really does stink. I wouldn't be very happy about that either.

This is what happens when you start fixing things that aren't broken.

If the KTTW card w/o tickets works, could you just book an extra room for 1 night at a value, check in, and not stay in it? Put a different adult on the reservation and get extra KTTWs for everyone in your party. Less than tickets or your guides I think.

I don't see how used tickets or expired KTTW can work. I think what may be happening is that they have put the tickets for testers onto the MB+ and that gets activated as you enter the park. Same for tickets not on KTTW that are used to enter the park - they activate as you enter the park with them for FP that day.
The question seems to be have they activated the KTTW (which has no ticket attacked except for those with packages or who put their tickets on it) in some way to let testers pull FP- that will also allow ALL KTTW to do the same.:confused3
2nd question is - can they disconnect the rest of us once they see these reports?
We should know soon. . . . VERY soon. lol

I don't see how used tickets or expired KTTW can work. I think what may be happening is that they have put the tickets for testers onto the MB+ and that gets activated as you enter the park. Same for tickets not on KTTW that are used to enter the park - they activate as you enter the park with them for FP that day.
The question seems to be have they activated the KTTW (which has no ticket attacked except for those with packages or who put their tickets on it) in some way to let testers pull FP- that will also allow ALL KTTW to do the same.:confused3
2nd question is - can they disconnect the rest of us once they see these reports?
We should know soon. . . . VERY soon. lol

I believe it is temporary- until the MB rolls out, then it is a moot point because everything will be on the band and nothing else would work. I think it was done as a "back up" in case the MB in the test is not working. We will all be disconnected in the actual rollout I am sure.

Also, while it may be growing exponentially, there is still a small percentage of people who would be eligible- only those who stay on property to get the keys but do not have a package where the tickets would be combined with the KTTW cards. AND people who read these boards! Which being in the park with people who still ask if FP- is free is not a majority...

Finally, I am not sure the other forms of media will work- someone tried to put a Chuck E Cheese card in the machines while we were there and it brought the BTMRR FP machines down for over an hour while they got the card out and the machines operating again!

If this actually works, we'll check in early morning for our split stay. That day both room cards may be usable for fast passes and we have annual passes too.

If the KTTW card w/o tickets works, could you just book an extra room for 1 night at a value, check in, and not stay in it? Put a different adult on the reservation and get extra KTTWs for everyone in your party. Less than tickets or your guides I think.

Or, move to a different room everyday. Each day, you would have valid KTTW.

- someone tried to put a Chuck E Cheese card in the machines while we were there and it brought the BTMRR FP machines down for over an hour while they got the card out and the machines operating again!

:lmao: The Chuck E Cheese card gave me a good chuckle. Thanks! I feel bad that the BTMRR FP machines went down over it but the visual of someone putting a CEC card in is hilarious.

In regards to the double dipping for all KTTW cards not attached to a ticket it seems they could have made special ones just for the testers but I know virtually nothing about electronics and computers other than using my PC myself. What a hot mess.

I believe it is temporary- until the MB rolls out, then it is a moot point because everything will be on the band and nothing else would work. I think it was done as a "back up" in case the MB in the test is not working. We will all be disconnected in the actual rollout I am sure.

Also, while it may be growing exponentially, there is still a small percentage of people who would be eligible- only those who stay on property to get the keys but do not have a package where the tickets would be combined with the KTTW cards. AND people who read these boards! Which being in the park with people who still ask if FP- is free is not a majority...

Finally, I am not sure the other forms of media will work- someone tried to put a Chuck E Cheese card in the machines while we were there and it brought the BTMRR FP machines down for over an hour while they got the card out and the machines operating again!

I agree completely! And apparently some people will do anything:scratchin- CMs have a tough job! LOL

I agree completely! And apparently some people will do anything:scratchin- CMs have a tough job! LOL

Agreed! Just the number of times they had to ask parents to actually parent their kids...:scared: (Hands and feet in the boat, no standing while the ride is in motion, don't let your kids climb on the pointy gate outside HM, don't let your kid lick the chain link separator in line at EE, no flash photography on the ride...) I was nuts hearing it on the rides I was on all week!

OP here.

The KTTW cards were valid, we were staying at OKW at the time with a friend in a two bedroom on her points. So we bought tickets at DTD separate the night we arrived before checking in. Stayed at the La Quinta that night to save her points since we didn't arrive until evening. Don't know if buying at OKW would have linked the tickets.

I would not have bought extra tickets, rooms, etc. It was a nice perk but not at all necessary or worth extra money. The only big advantage was for TSMM because those go too fast to allow two FP in one day in July. It also helped when dd10 wanted to ride BTMRR and no one else did. This allowed us to still pull fp to ride another ride later as a group while she could have one to ride BTMRR by herself.

I do agree that this all will be over once FP+ comes out. I really don't think many people would be eligible or aware of this "glitch" so it really doesn't have any real effect on the FP system.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter