Double dipping (FP+, FP-) - still work?

Here today. KTTW cards, paper UT tickets, and old KTTW cards still worked to pull legacy FPs at most rides. Exception for us was Under the Sea at MK, got "not used for park admission" denial with KTTW card. Bonus is infants (<2 year old) KTTW cards now also work for legacy FP as well. Able to swap around all FP+ in MK no problem, in DHS not able to change TSMM or RNRC to a later time. They still honor 5 min early, 15 min late with FP+

Thickey - folks have been grabbing fist fulls of FPs for years, sending runners, lots of variations on the same thing --- riding the popular rides more than once. I won't be grabbing fistfuls, probably 1 additional. I have no desire to ride anything more than twice. Me pulling my 3 allotted FP+ and snagging 1 additional ride via FP- on one of those 3, or grabbing a FP- ride on something that was over my 3 FP+ limit is no different than 3 years ago if I pulled FP- out the wazoo all day long, sent runners, or other stuff like that.

Up until just recently you could not pull FP with more than 1 piece of media, and it had to be used to enter the park that day. And you could not pull a second one until the return time window was hit, or 2 hours later, whichever was sooner.

I'm curious how you think people were grabbing "fistfulls" of FPs for years?

Maybe I just define "fistfulls" differently from you.

Can't wait to pull fistfulls of FP- on my next trip.

My church group recently went on a trip to Disney World and came back with about 50 KTTW cards.

I collected them all and will bring them on my trip this Christmas. I plan to insert them into all the FP- machines and make it rain!

How about you don't double dip..

As someone who didn't have the luxury of FP+ last month and seeing someone with magic bands and a FIST full of FP tickets for something I had to queue for 80 mins because they had grabbed all the tickets.. I have to say, it's not a very nice thing to do.[/QUO

Trust me if you had the opportunity to double dip last month you would have had well. Don't blame the rest of us blame disney that they allowed for it. and the reason why they did was because it was still some what of a testing phase I am sure eventually no one will be able to do that. we doubled dipped two times the entire week we were there and the time time we did not use the extra fast pass we paid it forward to someone else at the park. For the 500 plus dollars I spent a night at a deluxe resort it was nice to not have to wake up the at the crack of dawn to run for fastpasses because we had it preplanned 2 months before. Im all for the magic bands and how it actually let us have a relaxing disney vacation for once. if a couple of people can double dip for the next month of so so be it I think in the long run it will run smoothly for everyone

Can't wait to pull fistfulls of FP- on my next trip.

My church group recently went on a trip to Disney World and came back with about 50 KTTW cards.

I collected them all and will bring them on my trip this Christmas. I plan to insert them into all the FP- machines and make it rain!

:rotfl2::rotfl:

"Don't forget to bring a "FistFull" bag to carry them all in.

and here is another reason I am going to "make it rain".

Right now my husband and I have annual passes. So 60 days from our trip we will get our FP+ all set up on MDE. Problem is we have two friends that are coming with us who will not have the luxury of buying tickets in advance for the 5 nights that they will be there. So there is no way to make sure that all 4 of us have FP's for the same time unless we do FP-.

heck yes I will double dip. Thanks Disney!

Yesterday, I used both current KTTW cards and ones from way back in 2008 to pull fastpasses for Soarin' and Test Track.

What has worked this week:
KTTW room keys for stay: yes
KTTW for beginning of split stay: yes
KTTW from 2 years ago w/ used tickets: no
KTTW from 2 years ago infant: yes
Ticket media from 5 years ago: no

Hi we have a res at the Poly for 12/18. Based on discussions with our TA I was counting on being able to use both systems as we generally have pulled 6-8 FP per day. I'm angry disney would consider taking something of such value away at the prices we are paying.

In what situations would old KTTW work? I have our cards from last year….

I'm angry disney would consider taking something of such value away at the prices we are paying.

It's not a perk. The only reason there are two systems now is because they are not ready to completely dismantle the old system, as not all guests are currently set up to use the new one. Disney's trying to fix it so guests ultimately will not be able to pull 6-8 fastpasses per park visit.

No matter how much you pay, at some point it's going to be all FP plus.

In what situations would old KTTW work? I have our cards from last year&.

It may work if the card did not previously have a ticket attached to it.

What has worked this week:
KTTW from 2 years ago w/ used tickets: no
KTTW from 2 years ago infant: yes
Ticket media from 5 years ago: no

Yesterday, I used both current KTTW cards and ones from way back in 2008 to pull fastpasses for Soarin' and Test Track.

In what situations would old KTTW work? I have our cards from last year….

Seriously? People are using old KTTW Cards to pull FP-? :furious:

My husband could use his AP to pull FP- last month, but I couldn't. Both our APs were linked to our MBs. I guess once they sort out the AP/MB issue that will end too. We actually double dipped one day at MK for Jungle Cruise, but that was because we were holding FP+ for EPCOT that evening. Had I been able to split my choices instead of being forced to take 3 EPCOT FP, which I was not going to be using 1 of them, I would've made a FP+ choice for MK instead. I wish that "hopper" folks could split our 3 choices between multiple parks.....

Up until just recently you could not pull FP with more than 1 piece of media, and it had to be used to enter the park that day. And you could not pull a second one until the return time window was hit, or 2 hours later, whichever was sooner.

I'm curious how you think people were grabbing "fistfulls" of FPs for years?

Maybe I just define "fistfulls" differently from you.

Yes, I misspoke there. Probably better to have said "folks have been using techniques to grab multiple FPs for years."

Seriously? People are using old KTTW Cards to pull FP-? :furious:
I really don't think 99% of Disney guests know any of this.

The posts you see here are people reporting to the boards on an informational basis. We are all curious as to what Disney is doing and what is currently programed into the FP- system.

I don't think people are gaming the system and running around with pockfuls of FP-. Everyone wants to know what is going on and our disboard friends are providing information.

I assume they didn't just bring old KTTW cards to WDW and pull FP- with them just so they could report it to the DIS boards. Using old KTTW cards is dishonest and unfair, in my opinion.

I assume they didn't just bring old KTTW cards to WDW and pull FP- with them just so they could report it to the DIS boards. Using old KTTW cards is dishonest and unfair, in my opinion.

I discovered it accidentally- we were on a split stay and had both KTTW cards in our pockets this summer- didn't realize they both worked until the end of the trip. Then tried an old KTTW card (I have a hard time taking them out of my wallet...) and it worked too (it was still RFID enabled though)

I don't understand why disney doesn't close that loophole - there's really no reason for it to exist

I discovered it accidentally- we were on a split stay and had both KTTW cards in our pockets this summer- didn't realize they both worked until the end of the trip. Then tried an old KTTW card (I have a hard time taking them out of my wallet...) and it worked too (it was still RFID enabled though)

I don't understand why disney doesn't close that loophole - there's really no reason for it to exist
Please now say that you gave the extra FP- to little children who looked sad, to brighten their day, rather than use them yourselves, so stickey doesn't have something else to complain about (how you drained FP- from the system).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter