"Double Dipping Castaways" September 26, 2014, 5 nights on the Wonder

I'm seeing mixed reviews about Nassau, and great things about key west. Do you think we'll have enough time to explore?

Been to Nassau several times and it does nothing for us. We are planning on just staying onboard that day and enjoying a near empty ship. Looking forward to Key West though....smjj

We are going to stay on board in Nassau too. We haven't decided on what we're going to do in Key West yet.

Has anyone noticed the short time on Castaway key on day 3? Been there several times and do not remember such a short time(12:30 P.M. off ship and back on by 4:45 P.M.). In the past it seems as if we were able to disembark around 9 or 10. This just seems almost a waste of time or am I wrong??...smjj

Has anyone noticed the short time on Castaway key on day 3? Been there several times and do not remember such a short time(12:30 P.M. off ship and back on by 4:45 P.M.). In the past it seems as if we were able to disembark around 9 or 10. This just seems almost a waste of time or am I wrong??...smjj

No, I've noticed too. In fact the only full day we have day 4 in CC. Key west and Nassau are half days as well. I'm hoping we end up at CC earlier then planned on day 3.

Has anyone done a double dip before? Or had port days extend beyond what is initially stated?

I am excited about our 3rd Disney Cruise. The last two were on the Dream. We are looking forward to Key West and the two days at Castaway Cay. Just joined the FB page and after finally finding out what FE were would love to be a part of this as well. We are all adults but would love to add some magic to other Disney Cruise families. My husband and I will be celebrating our 32nd anniversary along with our 24 year old who just bought his first home (a huge celebration for him and us too). I can't wait to head to the fabric store to get going on our FE and start thinking of things to share with others. I love this, it helps pass the time before our cruise.

We will be staying at WDW following our cruise for another 4 nights. We have some left over water park tickets that are still good so will only be doing the water parks, eating, and shopping. Thanks for letting our family be a part of the fun!

Am I to late to be a part of the FE. It looks like when I try to join the FB page to join in it is closed. If I am, I hope everyone else has fun and I will be watching doors for those FE.

Hi, this will be our first cruise and we are really getting excited. I read somewhere that a hotel in Orlando will send your luggage to the ship. All you have to do is place special tags on the luggage and they do the rest. Does anyone know about this and what hotel it is?

No, I've noticed too. In fact the only full day we have day 4 in CC. Key west and Nassau are half days as well. I'm hoping we end up at CC earlier then planned on day 3.

Has anyone done a double dip before? Or had port days extend beyond what is initially stated?

The last Member's cruise we did was a double dip to CC and we had two full days there. I just do not know how anyone can enjoy CC for only 4 hours or so. Shoot by the time we get to the adults beach enjoy our self for an hour or so and get a bite to eat it is time to get back to the ship. Very rushed ...smjj

We switched to the other sailing we were considering. Sorry! Wish we could have done both!!

Hi, this will be our first cruise and we are really getting excited. I read somewhere that a hotel in Orlando will send your luggage to the ship. All you have to do is place special tags on the luggage and they do the rest. Does anyone know about this and what hotel it is?

We stayed at the Hyatt at Orlando International Airport the night before our Magic cruise last week. It couldn't be any easier! At registration, let the staff know that you're going on the cruise. They give you a form with the luggage transfer details (you'll also need to give this form to the Disney transportation folks the next morning). The morning of the cruise, Hyatt bell services will pick up the luggage from your room (be sure to put your Disney luggage tags on!) any time after 8:30 am. (We went out for breakfast around 8:15 am, and when we got back, the bags were already gone.) There is a Disney Cruise rep in the hotel lobby on sailing day; check with that person to be sure you're on the luggage pick up list. Walk down to Disney transportation, where they'll ask for the Hyatt form to double check that the luggage is accounted for. You're all set, just get on the bus and go. It's very easy and convenient. The Hyatt has a great pool, good sized rooms with views of the airport atrium or runways. It's a bit pricey, but you can't beat the convenience.

Can't wait to be back on a Disney cruise. Just did our first back to back on the Magic last week, now we're on to a double dip and the grand slam (sailing on all four ships) with the September 26 cruise.

Travelers will be me, my sister, BIL and 9 year old nephew. On our last cruise, he was disappointed that it was just us at dinner rather than dining with another family with a child or children his age. If there is anyone on the list who would like to join us, please PM me.

Enjoy the spring and summer, get ready to cruise in the fall!

We stayed at the Hyatt at Orlando International Airport the night before our Magic cruise last week. It couldn't be any easier! At registration, let the staff know that you're going on the cruise. They give you a form with the luggage transfer details (you'll also need to give this form to the Disney transportation folks the next morning). The morning of the cruise, Hyatt bell services will pick up the luggage from your room (be sure to put your Disney luggage tags on!) any time after 8:30 am. (We went out for breakfast around 8:15 am, and when we got back, the bags were already gone.) There is a Disney Cruise rep in the hotel lobby on sailing day; check with that person to be sure you're on the luggage pick up list. Walk down to Disney transportation, where they'll ask for the Hyatt form to double check that the luggage is accounted for. You're all set, just get on the bus and go. It's very easy and convenient. The Hyatt has a great pool, good sized rooms with views of the airport atrium or runways. It's a bit pricey, but you can't beat the convenience.

Thanks for this info. We are staying at the Hyatt Orlando airport and we're not sure how this all worked...smjj

We will be on this sailing with both of my grown daughters. It's our first DCL cruise! Sooo excited. VERY interested in participating in the FE.:yay::cheer2::wizard:

Hello all!
I was just wondering if we, (the Stuller Family), are still on the FE list - we were receiving updates via e-mail once a month. (We are not anymore) I haven't checked the Dis boards in a while; however, I requested to join the Facebook group today. I think we joined the FE list last September.
Thanks! :)
Chuck (43), Lisa (40 - just turned!), Will (turned 8 beg. of May), Elisabeth (turned 4 beg. of May)

My Family will be setting sail with all of you on the Double Dip Sailing!

This will be my 7th sailing with Disney Cruise line, and my parent's 1st!!! They will be celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary on an amazing 16 Day Disney Extravaganza that I've planned for them. Since my dad has parkinsons my mom asked if I would tag along to make sure everything goes as smoothly as possible. Who can say no to Disney :banana: lol

So not only will we be participating in this sailing but we will be doing the Food and Wine Festival, and I will be running in the Tower of Terror 10 Miler race. I'm starting from couch potato level of running to swinging for a 10 mile finish..lots of training :yay: but I'm down 18 Lbs already and hope to be down another 20 before the trip :) Can't wait to see all of you aboard...

The fireworks as we sail around Castaway Cay for Pirates In the Caribbean night are awesome and one of the reasons for having to undock after day 1 on Castaway Cay before our Double Dip Day 2 pirate:

The fireworks as we sail around Castaway Cay for Pirates In the Caribbean night are awesome and one of the reasons for having to undock after day 1 on Castaway Cay before our Double Dip Day 2 pirate:

That makes sense I was wondering why we un-docked just to re-dock next morning. On our last Member's Cruise we double dipped but we had two complete days on Castaway Cay. Our first day on this cruise is only a half day at best. It looks as if we do not get to get off the ship until noon, I wonder how that will work....smjj

That makes sense I was wondering why we un-docked just to re-dock next morning. On our last Member's Cruise we double dipped but we had two complete days on Castaway Cay. Our first day on this cruise is only a half day at best. It looks as if we do not get to get off the ship until noon, I wonder how that will work....smjj

I think after reviewing the itinerary on Disneycruiseline.com it shows:

Port Canaveral, Florida -- arival 4:00pm Departure
Key West, Florida 12:30 arival 5:45pm Departure
Castaway Cay 12:30 arival 4:45pm Departure
Castaway Cay 8:30 arival 4:45 pm Departure
Nassau 7:30 arival 1:45pm Depature
Port Canaveral, Flordia 7:30 arival -- departure

I think why there is a half day at best is because of the distance we have to cover from the night before. We arrive in Key West and are cleared to go ashore almost 20 hours after we leave Port Canaveral. We have to go all the way around the southern tip of Florida and to the west a good distance to make our first port of call. Then we are staying until almost 6pm before we leave for Castaway Cay which is all the way back around the tip of Florida and heading almost back to Nassau...in order to comfortably make the journey I think they over estimate the time to get there incase of bad weather, but makes everyone happy if we get to go ashore "a little early"..

Thats my guess nothing official..just a hunch. :surfweb:

I think after reviewing the itinerary on Disneycruiseline.com it shows: Port Canaveral, Florida -- arival 4:00pm Departure Key West, Florida 12:30 arival 5:45pm Departure Castaway Cay 12:30 arival 4:45pm Departure Castaway Cay 8:30 arival 4:45 pm Departure Nassau 7:30 arival 1:45pm Depature Port Canaveral, Flordia 7:30 arival -- departure I think why there is a half day at best is because of the distance we have to cover from the night before. We arrive in Key West and are cleared to go ashore almost 20 hours after we leave Port Canaveral. We have to go all the way around the southern tip of Florida and to the west a good distance to make our first port of call. Then we are staying until almost 6pm before we leave for Castaway Cay which is all the way back around the tip of Florida and heading almost back to Nassau...in order to comfortably make the journey I think they over estimate the time to get there incase of bad weather, but makes everyone happy if we get to go ashore "a little early".. Thats my guess nothing official..just a hunch. :surfweb:

That's what I'm thinking too. Hoping we arrive a little earlier. a little sad we only have one full day anywhere but with no full at sea days it will be nice to have some on board time.

On our half day on Castaway Cay I wonder how they will do lunch. If they hold to the schedule it will be 12:30 by the time we get off. In the past we have had a couple hours or so to get in some sun and fun then eat lunch then back to the beach for a few more hours. I now wonder if they will not have a lunch on shore but have all eat prior to going ashore. Either way it will be a good time for all...smjj

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter