Double Dip?

mousemamaof5

Earning My Ears
Ok...since I'm still brand new to this, could someone explain what the double dip cruise is? I keep seeing this mentioned...but I don't quite understand.

Thanks so much!
Kelly

A double-dip cruise is the special Western itinerary that DCL does to Costa Maya and Cozumel that has TWO stops at Castaway Cay (Disney's private island). Doube-dip is a term DISers started using as soon as these itineraries were announced (about two years back, I think). There is one every month May through December of this year.

Sometimes you will also see the term double-dipping applied to the restaurants. It's what folks may do if they have a Palo reservation (the adults only restaurant). They may go to their regular rotation to be with the kids or group while they eat, then go off to Palo for their own dinner. Hence, double-dipping into two restaurants.

10 WEEKS TILL MY DOUBLE DIP!

Hi

We are doing the double dip in Nov/06. Disney has their own island called Castaway Clays and on their 7 night cruise they will go to their island twice, usually on day 2 and 6. It's suppose to be really cool. This is our first Disney cruise but I have been on 6 cruises with Carnival, and NCL.

Jacqueline

Hi Kelly,
I just got back from a double dip! It's a special western itinerary that goes to Castaway Cay twice instead of the normal one visit. I think there's something like 7 or 8 total planned double dips. Most itineraries have Castaway Cay on the last full day of the cruise, but the double dip starts and ends with CC. :sunny:
Kris

:wave: Here's the dates of the "double dips" for 2006:

Special Western Itinerary Sailings

One of the new 2006 itineraries includes a special summer Seven-Night Western Caribbean cruise on the Disney Magic. Guests will enjoy not one but two visits to Castaway Cay, Disney's private island paradise. Other ports of call include Costa Maya and Cozumel.

Sail dates for the new Western Caribbean itinerary are 6/24/06, 7/22/06, 8/19/06, 9/16/06, 10/14/06, 11/11/06 and 12/9/06. The itinerary will be:

Saturday Port Canaveral
Sunday Castaway Cay
Monday At Sea
Tuesday Costa Maya
Wednesday Cozumel
Thursday At Sea
Friday Castaway Cay
Saturday Port Canaveral

ibouncetoo said:
A double-dip cruise is the special Western itinerary that DCL does to Costa Maya and Cozumel that has TWO stops at Castaway Cay (Disney's private island). Doube-dip is a term DISers started using as soon as these itineraries were announced (about two years back, I think). There is one every month May through December of this year.

Sometimes you will also see the term double-dipping applied to the restaurants. It's what folks may do if they have a Palo reservation (the adults only restaurant). They may go to their regular rotation to be with the kids or group while they eat, then go off to Palo for their own dinner. Hence, double-dipping into two restaurants.

10 WEEKS TILL MY DOUBLE DIP!

Thank you for all of the great responses! How funny...we're double dipping 10/14/06 and didn't even know it!

mousemamaof5 said:
Thank you for all of the great responses! How funny...we're double dipping 10/14/06 and didn't even know it!

Talk about Doubling you Pleasure! :rotfl: Ok, couldn't just let that one get by. You will have to excuse me. I leave tomorrow for my cruise and have a funny bone! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter