"Double Dip Delight" 09/27/08 - Take 2 with Link to Original Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We booked our trip last feb and we are PAID IN FULL. Can not wait. The last boat I was on went under the ocean and it was a three month trip(underwater). We are very excited about Castaway Cay and just being on the ship. If you are from NY, we live in the finger lakes area. Our stay at disny will be at Shades of green for a few days befor the cruise and for six days after. My DW and I are planning on spending a lot of time on ship except for Castaway. Everyone on the board seems very nice and helpfull.
Thanks for all the info.:banana: :banana: :banana:

Congrats to all the new members of the "Paid in Full" club!!!
13.gif

Kimberly ~ Are there any 13 yr. old boys in the group and 12 yr. old girls.

I hope Bryce (DGS) is not the only teen guy in the group!

Well, 13 doesn't seem to be a lucky number for us. We have no boys or girls at the age of 13. Sorry!! However, here's a breakdown of those of a similar age.

Boys:
Zero 13-yr olds :(
Two 12-yr olds
One 14-yr olds

Girls:
Six 12-yr olds (plus your DGD)
Five 11-yr olds
Zero 13-yr olds

(Erik) Consider the lanyards your "everyone" FE gifts - you put TONS of effort into them and I want to let you know again how much we appreciate your hard work. :thumbsup2

AMEN!!

....If you are from NY, we live in the finger lakes area.....

NY is creeping up in numbers! Of the families I have record of their home state or country, which is 96 out of 138, NY is in 3rd place with at least 9 families! PA, you're still on top with at least 11 famililes traveling from the Keystone State. GO BUCKS!! We are in 2nd place with 10!!

I wanna say $359? Does that sound right?

Yep. $359 is what we were told by our TA.

We're part of the paid in full club as well (unless you count Reas - still trying to make a decision on that).

thepanmanman: what sub were you on (bubble head, right?)? DH is a former squid (many many moons ago) aboard the USS Forest Fire. He said you'd know exactly which one from that. :lmao:

......And I know there are some of you that are participating in gift exchanges and the CM School Supply Mission...I know were would be very interested in many of these things...but can someone (anyone) help me with going about and 'signing up'. I'm know the info is on here somewhere...just maybe a little nudge in the right direction?!...

Hey there and welcome back!! Check out Post #6 (link in my siggy, too, if you need it). You'll find answers to these inquires there.

The semi-exception is with the Costa Maya School Supplies. Right now, we're trying to find an islander who will meet us at the ship so we can pass our stuff along there very conveniently. If we end up doing that, I could just have you guys bring your stuff to the DIS Cruise Meets on Saturday or make arrangements with you to pass your donations on to me so I can pass them along to get to the school children. We'll see!

Congrats on your pregnancy, too!!

Well, 13 doesn't seem to be a lucky number for us. We have no boys or girls at the age of 13. Sorry!! However, here's a breakdown of those of a similar age.

Boys:
Two 12-yr olds
One 14-yr olds

Girls:
Five 11-yr olds
Zero 13-yr olds

AMEN!!

NY is creeping up in numbers! Of the families I have record of their home state or country, which is 96 out of 138, NY is in 3rd place with at least 9 families! PA, you're still on top with at least 11 famililes traveling from the Keystone State. GO BUCKS!! We are in 2nd place with 10!!

Thanks for the breakdown of ages. He can hang out with 12 or 14 year olds
.....and then again he can always hang out with me :rotfl: :rotfl2: rotfl:

:woohoo: GO "PA":woohoo:

Boys:
Two 12-yr olds
One 14-yr olds

Girls:
Five 11-yr olds
Zero 13-yr olds

AMEN!!

Thanks for the breakdown of ages.

:woohoo: GO "PA":woohoo:

thepanmanman: what sub were you on (bubble head, right?)? DH is a former squid (many many moons ago) aboard the USS Forest Fire. He said you'd know exactly which one from that. :lmao:

Just a WAVE to all former sailors (Bad pun intended :rolleyes1 ). I did my four years at NAS Jacksonville Florida teaching people to chase submarines. Plus I know how the Forest Fire got its name. Fizzigig had her first 5 (?) trips to WDW while we were stationed in JAX.
I just got off a Holland America cruise to Alaska. They had a meeting open to veterans of all ages that was really nice. There were vets from all services, all wars, even some who weren't officially retired yet. It was very informal, just one of the meeting rooms, with a "Hello" and "Thank you for your service" from the ship's Environmental Officer who was a veteran of Iraq himself. Does anyone know if Disney does something like that?

Just a WAVE to all former sailors (Bad pun intended :rolleyes1 ). I did my four years at NAS Jacksonville Florida teaching people to chase submarines. Plus I know how the Forest Fire got its name. Fizzigig had her first 5 (?) trips to WDW while we were stationed in JAX.
I just got off a Holland America cruise to Alaska. They had a meeting open to veterans of all ages that was really nice. There were vets from all services, all wars, even some who weren't officially retired yet. It was very informal, just one of the meeting rooms, with a "Hello" and "Thank you for your service" from the ship's Environmental Officer who was a veteran of Iraq himself. Does anyone know if Disney does something like that?

HA!! (like the pun)

how in the world do you teach people to 'chase sbmarines'? sounds interesting.

That would be very cool if DCL does something like what you've described - especially in this day & age. Please let us know if you find out anything definite. DH didn't see any wartime action (thank goodness), but he did put in his time as a squid. He was a medic & on really good terms w/the jar heads. They wanted him to make sure & take good care of them if/when they got into 'trouble'. ;)

I servied on the USS George Bancroft(SSBN643)Blue and we were chased by
you guys a few time. I stood sonar watches as you tryed to find us under the thermo layers, but we were tooo quiet. By the way I was a Yeoman.
Thanks to all that are serving us today and in the past. Your honor and dedicatoion is the reason we enjoy our freedom today and every day.

My wife and I are big Disney fans. We have many trips to Disneyworld and go at least once a year. We have taken our grandchildren many times and in April 2009 we will be taking all six of them and there parents.

I don't think there is a better place to vacation than Disneyworld. It has taken me ten years to convince my DW to go on this cruse. I hope that there will be more in the future.

Hey - GammaRae - I have a co-worker that just got back from a Holland America Alaskan cruise. He was on what I believe was a 11 or 12 day trip (I think it left on the 18th) that included a 7-day cruise and then additional time on land (including that train where the top is alot of glass for viewing). I know he said that some people just did the 7-day cruise and then actually did another 7-day back. Were you one of these?

Hello! I couldn't figure out how to send a PM. My 10 yr old wants to join the kid's meet. I registered for the website. What is our next step? Thanks!

Just wanted to give the thread a bump up!

Happy Friday! (actually it's Happy Thursday to me because I work Saturdays!) :rotfl2:

Hello! I couldn't figure out how to send a PM. My 10 yr old wants to join the kid's meet. I registered for the website. What is our next step? Thanks!

In order to send a PM. You will click on the persons screen name by one of their post and you will get a short menu. Click on private message and it will give you a page to write your message. You must put in a title or it will not send the message. Then you hit the submit button on the bottom just like any other post. I think I got that right if not I am sure another can correct me. Lois

Thanks, Grandma4ever! :thumbsup2

By the way, there's private messages on this board and the other website. You can also send DH and I emails through DDD, if you'd like. We also put up a sticky in the General forum on DDD on how to get access to the Kids area and what that entails and means.

RKB, your account on the other website is set up. Please have your child introduce themselves in the kids introduction thread. :thumbsup2

Heya, mom! Nice to see you! :laughing: You think you'd go back with me and do the cool train for your next milestone birthday? Or maybe MY next milestone birthday? I'd even let you point out all my grey hairs if you'll go with! :rotfl: Or do you think after these 2 cruises you're gonna be sick of me and want the peace and quiet of Alaska all to yourself? :lmao:

Seriously, as far as I know, there's not even a US flag ceremony on DCL, because they fly under a Bahamas flag. That's not to say we can't arrange a get-together/memorial, but currently, I have not seen one on the Navigators. There's no way for passengers to communicate with each other on a large scale while on the boat, either, so if we do try to arrange this, it would need to fly under DCL's auspices. Remember, no tape is allowed, and no corkboards in common areas. I don't think I have seen dress uniforms on formal nights, either, though I have to admit to having eyes for only DH (and Princess Fiona); I honestly can't even remember what my tablemates were wearing that night! :rotfl:

Lemme know if you want me to make some calls.

Just wanted to pop in and say Hello :wave2: Hope everyone is well.

Welcome to all the new folks. Can't wait to meet you all and get this party started.:banana:

Special thanks going out to the lanyard team. Your hard work is very much appreciated:thanks:

Cute/funny story to share..for the past month or so everytime some asks my son how old he is, his response is the same every single time. He gets this huge smile on his face and says..... "I'm 3 & 1/2 now but I'm turning 4 on the Disney Cruise!"
The fact that he adds the part about the cruise cracks me up. I'm not sure who is more excited to go.. him or me.

Well, we got a cabin number now..we were a Cat 7 gty. We are now on Deck 7 Starboard Navigators, so that's good news. We paid off the cruise and got the REAS package. :yay:

Palo Question:
Do we know what days brunch at Palo will be offered and what days tea will be offered?

Just trying to plan out my days...not sure if we will be booking any excursions yet or not.

Thanks,
Cheryl

Kinda new to this. Just wondering what it is and how you get it.

Romance Experience at Sea. Beyond that, I'm having a devil of a time finding a webpage to explain it. My reason for buying it was the booking at 105 days, but there's a bottle of wine, dinner at Palo, champagne breakfast in bed, 2 robes, a picture frame, and maybe a free picture?

You just tell your travel agent or call Disney and add it to your reservation.

ETA: :lol: So I googled "Romance Experience at Sea" and got pointed back at one of MY OWN POSTS--of course without a link to an explanation page!!!!

So REAS, according to another website, is actually "Romantic Escape at Sea"...

Here's an acceptable link for this website: http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/cruise/faq.htm#REAS

Kinda new to this. Just wondering what it is and how you get it.

The REAS package stands for "Romance at Sea" I think...basically for $359 you get:
2 cruise long Rainforest passes
1 8x10 Shutters photo
1 stateroom gift (picture frame I think)
Romance turndown service one night (rose petals on the bed)
In room Champagne Brunch (room service from a special menu)
Palo Dinner for 2
Bottle of Wine (from upgraded list)
last but not least you can book Palo and spa treatments at 105 days.;)

Just called my TA and she added it..also you have to pay off cruise to book at 105 day mark.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong or missed anything.

That was very helpful. We are paid in full, but will have to think on it. My DW is not sure about PALO's. It sould very nice.

:cool1: :moped: :cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter