double dip 8-8-10 to 8-13

tgreenfield184

Earning My Ears
How did everyone like there trip. I really didnt like the food selection at dinner. Maybe I was comparing it to last years cruise to the 7 day western caribbean. Also didnt like the show once upon a song. A lot of people were leaving it. Also pirate night dinner and dessert buffet at the deck was small.I did like nassau alot. Im really getting bored going to castaway kay. Need new places to go southern bahmas or caribbean:cheer2:

this cruise was two nights shorter than the 7 night western you took, but if you took the cruise in 2009, the diningroom menus were pretty much the same. Actually the only difference I could tell was that the pirate menu no longer was on paper, it was the same menu but on card stock and not commemorative. I think I am one of the few people who enjoyed once upon a song, but it could be changed a bit. Right now there are only 5 singers on a stage with minimal scenery. That's it, no characters at all. Children won't like this show and most of the people who left early were families. I think if they added a few characters, maybe dancing and of course having mickey and minnie make an appearace, it would actually plus the show. I didn't like Toy story all that much. Eventhough I love twice charmed on the magic, I think shows with an original story line aren't going well on either ship. I think when disney plans a show, they need to look at disney dreams and try and emulate that quality.

I really didn't care of the meal at Parrot Cay but loved the Triton's and Animator's meals! I previously thought the food came from the same staff/kitchen but I learned on this trip that the food from each of the restaurants are made by different staff. So maybe the quality of the food is different sometimes different at diff. restaurants bec. of this?

We were on this cruise and thought the same exact thing about the menus. We liked Triton's and AP, but Parrot Cay (especially the last night) didn't appeal to us at all. Even items that looked okay on the menu, didn't taste very good. We noticed our servers seemed flustered that night too. (Not sure if something was going on in the kitchen or they have more tables to serve than in the past possibly?) We had long waits between servings, drinks were never refilled til the end, and we got our coffee way after getting our desserts (so we drank our water with dessert). We haven't sailed in 5 years...we thought the portions seemed alot smaller too, but I was okay with that..not too much waste then and overstuffed feelings. This all happened at our last dining....and maybe things were just out of sync that night.:confused3 Otherwise, we had a wonderful trip! :thumbsup2

We were on this cruise and thought the same exact thing about the menus. We liked Triton's and AP, but Parrot Cay (especially the last night) didn't appeal to us at all. Even items that looked okay on the menu, didn't taste very good. We noticed our servers seemed flustered that night too. (Not sure if something was going on in the kitchen or they have more tables to serve than in the past possibly?) We had long waits between servings, drinks were never refilled til the end, and we got our coffee way after getting our desserts (so we drank our water with dessert). We haven't sailed in 5 years...we thought the portions seemed alot smaller too, but I was okay with that..not too much waste then and overstuffed feelings. This all happened at our last dining....and maybe things were just out of sync that night.:confused3 Otherwise, we had a wonderful trip! :thumbsup2

Hi there!

Our Parrot Cay dinner was the 2nd and 3rd night. We skipped the 2nd night PC dinner but made it to our 3rd night PC dinner. We experienced unusual delays with our meals as well. Our servers came around 2-3 times to all
their tables to refresh the bread basket. But the meals at the other restaurants were very smooth and food was served in a timely manner. It was mentioned that Triton and Animator's kitchens are more efficiently run.

Maru

There was too much seafood on the menu so I started to order beef instead. I enjoy the toy story. I notice on this cruise way more children on this cruise. I didnt see much of the disney characters as I did last year. Maybe because of the heat and the humidy. Also when they did appear it was pictures only and no autographs:love:

We saw tons of characters and our ds had lots of interaction including hugs, autographs and photos. The only time we were told photos only was on the optional formal night for the pictures of mickey and minnie together.

The menus seemed pretty similar to our previous cruises. The food quality was very good as well! :thumbsup2

We have no complaints other than 5 days being too short!!

We had a great vacation!! :cool1: :thumbsup2

My wife and I just came back from that cruise being our first and definitely not our last! DCL has everything figured out, and they do it well! I had many reservations about cruising, especially being bored. I cannot wait until our next voyage!

This was our 1st Disney Cruise and we had a great time. I will say that while the food was good, we have had better on other cruise lines. But it wasn't bad by any means.

My biggest complaint was the Sail Away Party and the Pirate Party. The kids (3 and 4.5) were bored by the 3rd non-disney song just watching people (not always characters) jumping around and clapping on the stage. We tried every trick in the book to get them excited but the Sail Away party was too hot (it was August...I know) and the Pirate Party was too late for them. This would probably be better for kids a little older and if they shortened them to 20 minutes instead of 45 minutes.

The kids did get alot of character time and really enjoyed the oceaneers club! All in all...we will go back again as this cruise line is the best at catering to children!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter