Double Booking?

xfiles3010

WDW Addict
Are we allowed to make two reservations for different resorts with same arrival date / same guest names??:confused3 TIA

MS CM's will question same names, online the system doesn't know.

:earsboy: Bill

I had an October reservation for my home resort (BLT) but actually wanted Wilderness. Three (consecutive) of the 4 nights I wanted were available at WL. Being inexperienced with waitlists, I called MS to get one set up, and the cast member actually recommended that since I had enough points, I book the 3 nights at WL, set up a waitlist for the 4th night, and keep the BLT reservation until I decided what to do. Waitlist for WL came through in about 2 weeks and I cancelled the BLT.

I have double booked before. Over NYE 2014 we had a 1 week reservation at AKV, and a one night reservation at BWV for NYE. We did that or two reasons - ease of leaving Epcot after the NYE celebration, and we did the deluxe dining plan for one night. There were a few snafus - Disney had just started My Disney Experience and the two reservations, one without dining plan and one with somewhat confused the system. The cast members managed to resolve everything to our satisfaction. If we do NYE again in the future I would probably do this again - we love our home resort but do enjoy the Epcot NYE.

Not DVC, but I'm a kindred double booker. We have two options at Hard Rock Hotel in August--either a king suite with connecting 2 Q room, or two 2 Q rooms. We had three at one time (club level 2 Q rooms). What to do what to do . . . I do have to make my mind up--DS24 moved back home for a while and money is a little tighter (need the money back from the reservation we won't keep).

When we double booked I had DH as lead name on one reservation and I was lead on the other. Probably not necessary but I thought it might avoid any issues to do it that way. BTW, I HATE split stays but we wanted to do a special tour at AKV and double booking allowed us to not move all of our stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter