Dorothy and Blanche:A tale of left over shoes and lost items! DONE 7/14 just in time!

:thumbsup2LOVE your pictures! Wow! Just wow! Phenomenal quality...I feel like I'm there! Well...wish I was there! lol Great job!

Also wanted to say - I had the opportunity to vacation on your beautiful island home (PEI) back around 1999. Absolutely gorgeous way to spend a week. We saw it all - stayed in Charlottetown at the Inns on St George, visited Anne of Green Gables house, saw the play, saw the bottle houses, had some mussels. Arrived on Canada Day and got to participate in your Independence Day - and then were just bowled over by the hospitality displayed to us a few days later on OUR Independence Day. Just an amazingly beautiful place with fantastic people. Hope to get there again someday. Definitely a "can't get there from here" kind of place, but well worth it ;)

All caught up! I am loving all the pictures and the different angles.
We had our first citrus swirl this past trip....YUM!!!!!!!!

Isn't it a great treat! I wish I could just teleport/apparate myself there and have one right now. Of course, the heat would be nice!

These are simply great images Tina. Love the ones around the hub with those gorgeous skies. Too bad there were people in those images! ;) That one behind the partners statue is great.

I also like that one of the fence line and the statues as you enter into Adventureland with just sky behind them. I wish Pirates was as long as it is in Disneyland. It just doesn't feel right.

So were you using a 50mm lens for Pirates?

Thanks! The skies were perfect! Hahaha. We should be able to kick the people out of the way when we want to take pictures, right?

I love Pirates, but Pirates in DL is amazing too, such an interesting feel.

Actually it was my 30mm 1.4. I sold my nifty fifty when I got the Sigma.

Your pictures are great! I love seeing the parks again by living through the pictures. :)

Thanks! Don't worry, it will be a very picture heavy TR!

Really enjoying this TR and all the photos! Subscribing!

Thanks! Lots more to come! I just burnt all my pictures onto DVD for Blanche, and it took NINE dvds!

:thumbsup2LOVE your pictures! Wow! Just wow! Phenomenal quality...I feel like I'm there! Well...wish I was there! lol Great job!

Thanks! I wish I was there too! Glad I can help you with that feeling!

Also wanted to say - I had the opportunity to vacation on your beautiful island home (PEI) back around 1999. Absolutely gorgeous way to spend a week. We saw it all - stayed in Charlottetown at the Inns on St George, visited Anne of Green Gables house, saw the play, saw the bottle houses, had some mussels. Arrived on Canada Day and got to participate in your Independence Day - and then were just bowled over by the hospitality displayed to us a few days later on OUR Independence Day. Just an amazingly beautiful place with fantastic people. Hope to get there again someday. Definitely a "can't get there from here" kind of place, but well worth it ;)

You are welcome anytime! :) I love it here, but I love to travel too, it's just nice to come home. If you come back, make sure to tell me and we'll have a Dis Meet over cows ice cream or Boom Burger hamburgers. ;) (local food places)

On my way to Splash Mountain, I browsed a shop. I love Thomas Kinkade, and I love puzzles, so I was debating buying these boxes of puzzles. This way I took the pictures to remind myself later!

For some reason I didn’t take any pictures. Hmmm I guess I just wanted to experience it without pictures. I love taking pictures on the rides, so I’m confused as to why.

I decided to head back to Pop to get checked in and to take a peek at my room. I’d stayed at Pop Century twice before, on my first two trips in 2006 and 2007 so it was nice to go back, kind of like going home again.

Oops, forgot my invisibility cloak!

We got some magic bands! At that point, only a few hotels were testing them, so it was fun to get them. Too bad I hadn’t been keeping up on the Dis enough to know about it and to customize them beforehand! So we got the boring grey.

Funny angle...

I called to have my luggage brought up and I noticed that I’d forgotten my cell phone charger at AoA. Oops! So after a bit I decided to head over to check on it, while taking pictures, of course!

There was grandmother and her two granddaughters peeking at a turtle. I took some pictures of the turtle too.

Still on my way!

I asked at concierge… she phoned lost and found and it had closed about 2 minutes before, while I was waiting in line! Oh well. She gave me the number for lost and found. I called and called many times through the trip, leaving many messages, speaking to people. No one found my cell phone charger. Someone phoned my home phone number and left a message saying that they didn’t find it. I still called every day at least once. I didn’t bother once I got home.

I took more pictures on the way back, including the turtle again.

I snapped this one with a promise to myself to head back for more pictures of the area!

Earlier in the afternoon, I did grab a bite to eat... some Disney chicken nuggets and fries! One of my favorite meals at Disney. I am such a foodie! Hahahaha

Love the update/pictures!! I'm sorry you never found your cell phone charger. I am always worried I am going to forget that or my camera charger in a hotel room. :(

Great update! :)

Thanks! The problem is that now I REALLY want to go back! I think looking at my pictures and writing the TR makes it harder!

Love the update/pictures!! I'm sorry you never found your cell phone charger. I am always worried I am going to forget that or my camera charger in a hotel room. :(

Thanks! Between the phone charger and the camera charger, I'd pick to lose the phone charger EVERY time! :lmao: I survived. I don't think I'd have been able to survive the rest of the trip without my camera!

I decided to head to my third park of the trip.

from raw-9184
by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-9185

I wanted to wait for Blanche to get there to see Fantasmic, so that wasn’t on the plan, but I did want to do a few things there! I believe it was EMH night too.

from raw-9188

As you can see from that last picture, I wasn't planning on being there too, too long. Just long enough to walk around some, take a few pictures, ride a few favorites and then head back to my room to go to bed! I'd heard that Blanche was planning to leave the next day so I wanted to be ready to see her!

I really liked the new Monsters' University topiaries. Which reminds me, I need to buy that one!

from raw-9190

from raw-9191

from raw-9194

from raw-9198

from raw-9200

from raw-9202

Which would I ride? ToT or RnRC?

from raw-9204

from raw-9205

from raw-9206

Single rider it is.

from raw-9207

from raw-9209

from raw-9212

from raw-9213

I am not sure what I did after that, but I took the bus back to AoA since it was waiting for me. I don’t mind a little walking, but I don’t like waiting too long for a bus. I have been known to take a bus to one All Star Resort at 1 am when I am heading back to a different one.

So, being who I am, I took some pictures at AoA and Pop at night. Times like this, I wish I traveled with my tripod and the pictures would be better. They will do for hand held though.

from raw-9214

from raw-9215

from raw-9216

from raw-9219

from raw-9220

from raw-9221

rom raw-9224

from raw-9226

from raw-9227

from raw-9230

from raw-9232

from raw-9233

from raw-9235

from raw-9237

I got a few snacks for breakfast (like cheesecake and strawberries! Hahaha) and went to bed early. I seem to have lost my receipt for it, though. I wonder if I bought my refillable mug then too? I have one from the trip, so I must have!

from raw-9239

from raw-9240

Here are some photopass pictures... now, normally, I just have a big, goofy, happy grin on my face, but since I get photopass+/now Memory Maker, I have started making funny faces.

No, I am not terrified on Splash Mountain, I am just pretending!

I guess I didn't get the picture from RnRC for some reason.

Purchases:

Breakfast:
Waffle with fruit $5.99
water $2.50
total: $8.88

Snack:
Citrus swirl $3.19
total $3.40

Lunch/supper
Chicken nuggets and fries $8.69
total $9.26

Cheesecake, strawberries, refillable mug (Lost receipt!)

Aug 20, 2013

I got up and realized that I’d forgotten a spoon. I figured I could eat the strawberries, but not the cheesecake. Oh well. I would eat it later. And I did. I don’t waste cheesecake! Hahahaha

from raw-9241

from raw-9242

from raw-9243

from raw-9244

from raw-9245

To my fourth park already!

from raw-9248

from raw-9249

from raw-9250

DiVine looked like she was heading backstage again. I don't think I've seen her much since my first trip. I'm going to have to make an effort to find her and take some pictures on my next trip.

from raw-9255

from raw-9257

I usually head straight to the safari, but I know how much Blanche loves the safari, so I figured I’d save that. She was on the plane on her way to WDW at this point so I was happy to have my friend coming.

from raw-9258

Since I wasn't feeling like I was in a rush, I decided to stop and talk to a CM about this funny looking animals. If I'd taken notes, maybe I'd remember what he said! I think he said something about the tusks growing really long though, so long that they could possibly blind the animal?

from raw-9259

I love this tree!

from raw-9260

from raw-9261

from raw-9264

from raw-9267

from raw-9268

from raw-9272

from raw-9275

I got in a short line for Dinosaur.

I wish the wait times showed though, although it looks like 10 minutes.

from raw-9276

from raw-9278

from raw-9279

from raw-9281

from raw-9282

from raw-9285

Still in line on Dinosaur, for the first time in a while, especially with my camera!

from raw-9286

from raw-9289

from raw-9290

Champsosaurus?

from raw-9291

from raw-9292

from raw-9293

from raw-9295

Mama Huxtable!

from raw-9298

from raw-9303

After the Claire Huxtable video, when I was in the last room before boarding, the ride broke down and it took a while before anyone moved. I snapped some pictures as I’d never actually had my camera out (that I can remember, or at least I can say I didn't have any pictures of it that I saved) in that room. Then I sat down and got lazy as I waited.

from raw-9306

from raw-9307

from raw-9311

I was starting to get nervous being around all these dangerous things! Hahahaha

from raw-9312

from raw-9313

Here's my redneck version... I'll post the photopass one later. This time I wasn't acting, I was waiting for the dinosaur and it still spooked me a little!

from raw-9314

I like the see/hear/speak no evil in the back row!

I still remember riding this with my nephew when he was 12. He doesn't admit it (being 19 now, but he never admitted it) but he had been terrified the whole ride. He had his head basically hidden in my arm the whole time, and then when the picture came, I jumped and ducked my head down and it made us look like we were both absolutely terrified! I'll have to take a redneck photograph of my actual print that I paid for and share it sometime.

Great great great updates. Awesome that your including the ride photos as their funny. The one where your really spooked on Dinosaur is a good one too and the people in the last row I would have never noticed. That is a cute idea!

13806156845_ce14a0fd4d_c.jpg

I believe that is ketchup, mustard and mayo. ;) Someone once told me that.

I am loving all the pop and aoa pictures. Pop was always a favorite for us too and it's been several years since I have stayed there now. It still feels like home whenever I go over there though.

Great great great updates. Awesome that your including the ride photos as their funny. The one where your really spooked on Dinosaur is a good one too and the people in the last row I would have never noticed. That is a cute idea!

Hahah! Thanks, glad you are enjoying them! I thought it was cute too! I might try to talk my niece and brother in law into some poses. My sister probably won't do too many rides with the pictures though.

I believe that is ketchup, mustard and mayo. ;) Someone once told me that.

I am loving all the pop and aoa pictures. Pop was always a favorite for us too and it's been several years since I have stayed there now. It still feels like home whenever I go over there though.

Ahhh! That makes sense! Too fun!

Thanks! I remember reading your TRs when you stayed at Pop. I'll have to go look some more. It's true how a hotel can feel like home though, eh?

I went to get a snack as I was hoping for a 20% off coupon that you get at QS places if you get food early enough. No go on the coupon.

Will I find a snack at Flame Tree BBQ?

from raw-9320

Nothing there I wanted for a snack. It is on my list of eventual must dos, and I still haven't crossed it off! I think I'll take Brenda's idea and literally make the list, so far it's been only a mental list.

Pizzafari looked like a possibility.

from raw-9322

from raw-9323

from raw-9324

from raw-9325

from raw-9328

from raw-9329

What was my snack? A water and cheesecake in a cup!

from raw-9330

My water was fine, but the cheesecake in a cup was kind of blah. How is that for a dining review?

I do enjoy the look of Pizzafari, and I do love their cheese pizza, but I didn't want real food yet. I was hoping Blanche would have as much luck as I’d had and get to the hotel not too late so we can have lunch together. So even though I didn't enjoy my snack, AND I didn't get a coupon (which I later found out they don’t do in late August), I DID get a few pictures around the restaurant without it being too crowded.

from raw-9332

I really looked at the restaurant and thought about all the work that had been put into it. Into all the parks/resorts etc.

from raw-9333 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Did you notice the bird talons that are attaching the light fixture to the beam?

from raw-9335

from raw-9336

from raw-9338

from raw-9339

from raw-9340

from raw-9341

from raw-9342

Run, zebras, run!

from raw-9343

from raw-9344

Such beautiful artwork all over the walls!

from raw-9345

I had never noticed the snake in any of my other visits.

from raw-9347

from raw-9348

from raw-9349

from raw-9350

Oops! Did I say a few pictures? I have so many I can't fit them all in one post, and I did actually try to skip a few! hahahaha

Finishing off my Pizzafari trip report:

from raw-9353

from raw-9355

from raw-9359

from raw-9362

from raw-9363

from raw-9364

Back outside.

from raw-9365

from raw-9366

from raw-9372

from raw-9377

I guess I didn't take any pictures during the ride on Everest this time. The camera was around my neck, but I guess I was just enjoying the ride, chatting with the young, friendly, gentleman beside me.

from raw-9380

from raw-9384

I decided to head out of the park then and go wait for Blanche. I had arrived at the hotel by around 2:20pm, so I figured she could get in around that time, possibly a few minutes earlier or maybe a lot later. I did not want to miss her though!

from raw-9384

from raw-9385

from raw-9386

from raw-9387

from raw-9388

Hee hee! I love bus signs.

from raw-9389

I don't think I waited for a bus. There was one there and I had it all to myself if I remember correctly.

Every once in a while I'd start up my phone and look for texts, but most of the time my phone was completely off. I had no charger and for some reason, my Kobo charger would not work to charge my phone, even though it had at home!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter