Dorms

leeg229

Mouseketeer
Ok, I just checked in on Monday the 13th and was part of the first group to use the new DORMS system.

It seemed to go smooth for the most part. If you can't print out your papers (or forgot them) they have laptops and a printer there to accommodate you. They made us actually sign our papers beneath where we "electronically" signed them online. They'll ask everyone if you have all of your papers, but keep in mind under 21s will have one extra paper that over 21s do not have. Upon walking in the pavilion you pick up your program guide and are given a time for the housing meeting. For the guys, if you don't meet Disney Look from the shoulders up you'll be given a cheap razor and asked to shave in the restroom. Next they'll tell you what complex/# of roommates you got. No negotiation here. Next you take your housing ID photo. They zoom WAY in for the photo. Next you register you car if applicable, just remember to bring your insurance license and registration. Next you get your key and then they had us fill out a new I9 because the form changed and sent us off to casting.

If I remember correctly, last time casting took 2-2.5 hrs. This time around it was just about an hour. They combined the disney look station with the I9 station. And everything else was pretty much just reviewing everything you did online before they sent you to the next station. Having a passport was helpful but not necessary if you don't have one. Last time the biggest slowdows were signing all of the paperwork, background check, I9 paperwork, and setting up direct deposit. All of that is now streamlined. I was on the 8:30 bus to casting and I ended up getting back to vista at 10:45 only because the bus took forever to arrive to take us back. Overall I think it went really smooth, but there were a few people who had some issues.

Oh and for the housing complexes my preferences were
Vista/Patterson/Chatham
2/1/4 bedrooms
and I got Chatham 2br.

This is really for people who were curious about the new system. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask!

thanks for the recap.

seemed like it was going to make things better and it looks like it has. of course, not everyone will be happy, but are they ever?

this sounds like it benefits both disney and the newbies checking in.

Ok, I just checked in on Monday the 13th and was part of the first group to use the new DORMS system.

It seemed to go smooth for the most part. If you can't print out your papers (or forgot them) they have laptops and a printer there to accommodate you. They made us actually sign our papers beneath where we "electronically" signed them online. They'll ask everyone if you have all of your papers, but keep in mind under 21s will have one extra paper that over 21s do not have. Upon walking in the pavilion you pick up your program guide and are given a time for the housing meeting. For the guys, if you don't meet Disney Look from the shoulders up you'll be given a cheap razor and asked to shave in the restroom. Next they'll tell you what complex/# of roommates you got. No negotiation here. Next you take your housing ID photo. They zoom WAY in for the photo. Next you register you car if applicable, just remember to bring your insurance license and registration. Next you get your key and then they had us fill out a new I9 because the form changed and sent us off to casting.

If I remember correctly, last time casting took 2-2.5 hrs. This time around it was just about an hour. They combined the disney look station with the I9 station. And everything else was pretty much just reviewing everything you did online before they sent you to the next station. Having a passport was helpful but not necessary if you don't have one. Last time the biggest slowdows were signing all of the paperwork, background check, I9 paperwork, and setting up direct deposit. All of that is now streamlined. I was on the 8:30 bus to casting and I ended up getting back to vista at 10:45 only because the bus took forever to arrive to take us back. Overall I think it went really smooth, but there were a few people who had some issues.

Oh and for the housing complexes my preferences were
Vista/Patterson/Chatham
2/1/4 bedrooms
and I got Chatham 2br.

This is really for people who were curious about the new system. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask!

What papers are you speaking of? Everyone keeps saying that we don't have to print anything except our boarding pass for the apartments.

What papers are you speaking of? Everyone keeps saying that we don't have to print anything except our boarding pass for the apartments.

All of the papers I printed out I was instructed to by the dorms website. They all had bar codes on them. :confused3 The boarding pass is just one of the papers you'll need. The first thing you do is hand your papers in before they even start the check in process.

All of the papers I printed out I was instructed to by the dorms website. They all had bar codes on them. :confused3 The boarding pass is just one of the papers you'll need. The first thing you do is hand your papers in before they even start the check in process.

Thanks for the info. So like the agreements to the housing rules, boarding pass, etc...

Since there's already a thread, I'll post it here.

I still haven't gotten this info but RogerRadcliffe from the boards asked me to share the email he received about DORMS since there's not a lot of info about it out there. Hope it helps! :)

The Recent Arrival Reminder :

Congratulations on your upcoming arrival Monday, 5/20/2013!

Your check-in will begin at Vista Way Welcome Center, 13501 Meadow Creek Drive, Orlando, 32821. Please arrive on Monday, 5/20/2013 during the arrival window of 8:00  10:00 AM. Housing quiet hours are from 1:00 AM to 7:00 AM; please do not arrive prior to your arrival window or anytime during quiet hours.

Please be sure to bring your boarding pass and all forms printed and hand signed below the electronic signature to speed up your arrival process. Please print each page on a separate sheet of paper as these forms will be scanned into DORMS after arrival and we are unable to scan double-sided printing at this time.

All on-site arrivals should bring the following forms, printed and signed:
1. Boarding Pass
2. Community Codes (please hand sign under printed name)
3. Payroll Authorization (please hand sign under printed name)
4. Alcohol Policy* (please hand sign under printed name)
*Only those participants under the age of 21 or that opted into an alcohol prohibited unit will have this form.

All off-site arrivals (opt out of housing) should bring the following forms, printed and signed:
1. Boarding Pass
2. Code of Conduct (please hand sign under printed name)

Please bring all of your luggage and belongings with you to the Welcome Center during the arrival process. You may store them in your personal vehicle or the luggage storage area. Please note we are not responsible for lost or stolen items.

Please note that all arrivals will be taking a photo upon arrival for your housing ID and you will need to be in Disney Look from the shoulders up!
Please log into the website as soon as possible to print and hand sign your forms if you have not already done so. If you no longer remember your password, please select the Forgot Password link on the page and enter the email address that you used on your online application. This will send a new temporary password to that email address so that you may return to the site to print your forms.

If you have any questions or any issues printing your forms or are no longer planning to arrive on Monday, May 20, please contact us so that we may update our records.

Thank you,
Disney Housing Operations

For those bringing vehicles make sure the insurance card has your name on it (not just your parents) I heard one of the girls saying this was a problem for her and they were trying to find were they could receive a fax from their agent to meet the requirement.

Also sat with some other parents waiting in the guest area and his son had a copy of his Social Security Card and needed an original. I saw this in the required documents so made sure my Daughter had her original card but some may overlook this.

For those that do not understand the exemptions when completing the IRS W4form...the more exemptions you claim the larger you paycheck but remember anything over 1 exemption may cause you to owe taxes on Apr 15th the following year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter