Door Signage

working to live

Earning My Ears
I have seen several people reference that they have decorated their cabin door. I have a 4 & 6 year old who would love to do this, but have NO idea how to get started. Any suggestions?

Howdy,
there are many ways to go about door signs, but since we are talking kids here I would suggest going to your local wal-mart or stpales anywhee that sells computer paper and look for magnetic sheets. Walmart sells a 8 pack for around $10 I think. it has beena while since I bought it. But thise are 8x11 and you can fit several of them on your door easily. Since they are magnetic, no need to buy magnets to stick to paper to adhere to your door. nice and easy. Again since kids are doing this I find it easiest to go again to the craft section of wal mart or Jo Annes craft store or Michaels crafts or even look up stickers on line. But stickers are easy for kids to design out what they want. Most of todays stickers you can gently place them and pull them back off to change or to adjust them for about 20 minutes before they stick tight so it is easy for a child to rearrange it if they change their minds about something. also you can find disney themed ones and tropical themed ones. I found at Jo Annes crafts lots of tropical disney ones. Just about anything they can imagine you can find in stickers now adays. Including letters if they want to put there names on it. I have known someone who took paint an did the hand print of the child on the sign and their name too. Others have printed a family or a childs picture right onto the magnetic paper from their computer and then put letters for happy birthday or our 1st family cruise or a holiday theme if you are crusing around a holiday.There is no right or wrong, maybe th ekid scould go an dpick out stickers withyou and then help tham to layout their design on paper first, then put on the magnetic paper. Some people go to the trouble to have them laminated after they are done just to protect them too. I never have done that. But I have seen as many as 8 signs on a door so let the kids go wild and have fun with it. Plus they will always be able to find the room with the signs on it.
mom x4, grandma x4

If you do decide to make a door sign, could you post your creation on the Magnetic Door thread proivded above? We'd love to see what you come up with. :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter