• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Door magnets

teroot

Mouseketeer
Who makes these ? Where can I order them from ?

We are a group of about 12 families going all from the same area and thought it would be fun to design one.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks T

I would also love to support a door magnet maker. The DISers group here is so creative.

Go to a office supply or craft store and just purchase magnetic printable paper.

Thats was we did and downloaded a bunch of pics off the net...then printed them in our home printer. They came out awesome.

Here is what I do using magnetic rolls.
Here is a link for the magnetic sheets. We used 1 ft x 2 ft sheet.
https://www.promagproducts.com/cata...ducts_id=68&osCsid=i08jtq0b1mouku9al8eu2l0hl2

It also comes in 8"x10".

Step 1 - Get your graphic/image ready
Step 2 - upload the image to a 1 hour photo place (I used Target via Shutterfly.com)

The photo lab will print your image/graphic just as they would any other photograph. (note: while I've never received and issues about printing you might run into a shop not wanting to print Disney graphics. Just go to another location.)

Step 3 - Unroll your magnetic sheet and try to flatten it out. You might need to reverse roll it to get it to lay flat or put a book on it for a few minutes.

Step 4 - Peel back just enough of the protective sheet on the magnetic paper and place your first picture.

At this point I put a sheet of paper on top to protect the image and used a rolling pin to get out any air bubbles and make sure there was good adhesion. Similar to the way a roller is used when laminate counter-tops are installed.

Step 5 - Cut out your designs. The magnetic sheets are quite easy to cut in fact they can easily tear so be careful.

Magic Stateroom 2628 - Fish Extender & Door Magnets by ssanders79, on Flickr

Are you asking where to buy the plain sheets that you print on?

Or asking someone to design one for you?

Or looking for ideas to design your own?

I made some on our last cruise using birthday cards , I found lots with a disney theme then I just cut off the inside page I didnt need and attached the magnetic strip I bought from michaels. It worked out well and didnt take any time at all to do. I also found the soft magnetic picture frames and made use of the as well by inserting our names done on a sheet of paper and inserted into the frame, you can do alot with your imagination even if you are not to crafty of which I am NOT lol!:rotfl:

I found Disney images I liked via photobucket. I saved them onto my computer. Opened up Word, inserted the images and printed them out on card stock.

Then I cut them out. Before I have laminated them. Then I cut out strips of magnet, that one side is sticky. Stick them to the back of the cut-out. Viola! A magnet for your door.

I leave on my cruise on Thursday, the 19th. I will be decorating my door. I will post pics when I return.

We did the same as some others. I purchased magnetic sheets (small ones) at the craft store. My daughter printed photos or used stickers of disney characters/shows. I laminated them and then just attached pieces of magnet to the backs. We only need small pieces of magnets to hold them on the door.
I will try to post a pic. Also nothing was ever stolen :)

If you're looking for graphics to turn into magnets, there is a forum here called the Creative DISigns. There are a lot of really talented folks on there who can make custom names, and also have lots of pre-made items and blanks you can download. They don't charge for their work, Disney doesn't allow that unless you're licensed, but it's still really great work. If you want to use the blanks, and customize them yourself, you can get the Walt font for free, just Google it.

Here's the link: Creative DISigns

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter