Door Magnets - Where to buy?

wishiwasindisneyjen

Mouseketeer
I am traveling with a large group in September for my parent's 50th anniversary. I'd love to have some door magnets made but I can't seem to figure out where from, there are so many options for them.

Can anyone recommend a seller that they've purchased custom Disney cruise door magnets from? I can't do my own because my printer can't seem to handle it. :sad1:

Thanks in advance for the help!

Jen

Can your printer not handle the magnetic paper or printing the graphic at all?

I just printed mine on regular paper, laminated them on my home laminator, then put magnetic tape on the back. That way if something happened to them, I wouldn't be disappointed.

Saves me some $$$!

I am traveling with a large group in September for my parent's 50th anniversary. I'd love to have some door magnets made but I can't seem to figure out where from, there are so many options for them.

Can anyone recommend a seller that they've purchased custom Disney cruise door magnets from? I can't do my own because my printer can't seem to handle it. :sad1:

Jen

My sister is a Scrapbooker so she made some. I went to Target to the $1.00 bin and got a bag of their decorations. Went to Micheal's and got a roll of magnetic tape. Slapped it on those bad boys and Eureka! Magnets. We each gave the other half our batch and it worked out great. I discovered the magnets are also very helpful in helping you distinguish your cabin from someone else's. :surfweb:

If you want fancy ones try Ebay or Etsy.

Have fun!

I just ordered some for our cruise which is also for my parents 50th Anniversary. Etsy store FEGiftsnMore ... they did one that said Happy 50th Anniversary with Mickey ears and their names in Gold -- there are a couple choices!

Esty does have some good ones for sell. Since it's just the 2 of us, I am making my own. I bought some mini crayola coloring pages of Mickey and the gang. After I colored them, I glued them to some sturdy cardboard and after that I'm going to seal them with modge podge and then put magnets on the back. :earsboy:

If you are making your own, as we have down in the past, just make sure you use enough magnetic tape. We did this twice and the second time I didn't use enough (I was trying not to spend as much money on it) and the pictures wouldn't stay on our door.

wishiwasindisneyjen said:

Jen

Jen, one thing I am doing is saving all the pics I want as magnets to my SD card. If you print a good amount at one time at let's say Walgreens pharmacy, each pic is then cheaper. Staples and other such office stores have large laminating pages for a reasonable price. Then just add a magnet! I'd say an average of around a dollar a magnet if you look for coupons and deals!

Jen,

We did a cruise in May and ordered our door magnets from Are We There Yet Designs on Etsy. They were terrific. Highly recommend if you do not wish to make your own!

Hi Jen,

Also, check out the following item # on eBay -> 370853229766 (just enter it in the search field). This is just one example of the many DCL specific door magnets that the seller, "patsenese", has. I have ordered from her many times and the service is fantastic. I actually just purchased three 8x10 magnets from her last week for my Alaska cruise next month. Click on "see other items" and then search for "Disney" to narrow the results. If you don't see what you're looking for, just contact her and she'll bend over backwards to meet your needs. Hope this is helpful.

remember, Disney copyrights are violated in many cases on etsy so it is better to make your own magnets

also note that a number of DISigners from the DISboards have had their creations stolen and sold by others on etsy and ebay....while we create our DISigns for free...Shame that people are so immoral

I found magnetic sheets at Hobby Lobby and bought full sheet stickers for the printer and did it that way. Our TA sent us a care package and it had a "commercially available" Captain Mickey magnet set that is intended for Disney Cruise doors. No idea where she got it.

remember, Disney copyrights are violated in many cases on etsy so it is better to make your own magnets

also note that a number of DISigners from the DISboards have had their creations stolen and sold by others on etsy and ebay....while we create our DISigns for free...Shame that people are so immoral

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Many of those folks on etsy are in violation of Disney's copyright laws. Periodically Disney pursues this against people selling their images for a profit without paying for a Disney license. So buyer beware! If you make it and give it away, Disney is okay with that. And yes, I have seen designs made here on the DIS being sold on etsy without the original designer's consent. It makes me mad, folks ripping off others' work and passing it off as their own...making a profit off it when the original designer just gave it away for people to use for t-shirts, magnets, as a way to spread some pixie dust.

A better choice is to check out the DISigners' threads, have something personalized for free, and either print it yourself on magnet paper (I do this), or print it, laminate it, and slap on some magnetic tape.

Silly Little Pixie said:
:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Many of those folks on etsy are in violation of Disney's copyright laws. Periodically Disney pursues this against people selling their images for a profit without paying for a Disney license. So buyer beware! If you make it and give it away, Disney is okay with that. And yes, I have seen designs made here on the DIS being sold on etsy without the original designer's consent. It makes me mad, folks ripping off others' work and passing it off as their own...making a profit off it when the original designer just gave it away for people to use for t-shirts, magnets, as a way to spread some pixie dust.

A better choice is to check out the DISigners' threads, have something personalized for free, and either print it yourself on magnet paper (I do this), or print it, laminate it, and slap on some magnetic tape.

So if you don't want to do it yourself, is there a list of DIS Etsy sellers? So that we don't violate anything.

So if you don't want to do it yourself, is there a list of DIS Etsy sellers? So that we don't violate anything.

No one here on DISboards are doing this for profit. So the answer is No.
Selling or profiting from Disney designs are in violation of Disney's copyrights.
It's fairly easy to make the magnets. All you need is a printer and magnet sheets. You can also use Vistaprint if you don't have a printer.
Here is the link to idrivealumina's awesome stateroom door ears.
And here is the link to Creative DISigns. You will find many DISigners there are happy to help you with your project. :goodvibes

I found a great idea the other day-you can order postcards (google search postcards) and add writing on them. I plan on using a picture I have taken on a previous cruise for the postcard and after getting them back, laminating and adding a magnet.

No one here on DISboards on doing this for profit. So the answer is No.
Selling or profiting from Disney designs are in violation of Disney's copyrights.
It's fairly easy to make the magnets. All you need is a printer and magnet sheets. You can also use Vistaprint if you don't have a printer.
Here is the link to idrivealumina's awesome stateroom door ears.
And here is the link to Creative DISigns. You will find many DISigners there are happy to help you with your project. :goodvibes

Thanks. I'm not very creative but I do have a new printer so maybe this is something I can do. We'll see! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter