Door magnet question

lklasing

Told that I need DA meetings - Disney Anonymous
I'm just getting started working on my magnets and already have a couple of questions. If I print them on card stock, should I laminate them? I have access to a machine, so it's no trouble - I just didn't know whether that was better or not.

Also, I saw on FB that the magnet rolls from Michaels may not be the best. That's what I bought but I'm more than happy to take them back and get something else - I just don't know what else to get.

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks!

I'm just getting started working on my magnets and already have a couple of questions. If I print them on card stock, should I laminate them? I have access to a machine, so it's no trouble - I just didn't know whether that was better or not.

Also, I saw on FB that the magnet rolls from Michaels may not be the best. That's what I bought but I'm more than happy to take them back and get something else - I just don't know what else to get.

Thanks!

I print on photo paper and put them on the magnetic sheets from Michaels. That said, if you are concierge on the Dream/Fantasy, those magnets are not strong enough for the outside of the door (it's laminated wood over metal). You'll need stronger magnets for those doors.

:cutie:

Magnets printed on magnetic paper work a lot better than those with a little piece cut from a magnet strip on the back.

I bought a package of 50 heavier duty magnets from Hobby Lobby and used them for everything! They worked great, and its worth the $7.99 for them! :)

Hmmm Im working with the the magnetic strips on the back of my card stock magnets laminated with contact paper. They stick quite well to my refrigerator. Might pick up one more package of magnets to stick in my suitcase just in case.

So, I will be using my sticker maker. It laminates on one side and has a magnet on the other. This should work on the regular doors right?

We just got back from the Dream on June 1st. We printed our graphics onto card stock, then trimmed them down to the size we wanted, laminated them and just placed magnets on the back, worked great and was very easy. Picked up a very inexpensive roll of magnetic tape at office max. Placed in a file folder and stuck in my bag with all my important papers and they looked great! Was a very nice touch for the door and glad I didn't have to spend a lot of time and/or money on them!

I received some magnets that were printed as part of our FE exchange. These didn't stick to our door as well as magnets that were circles. I bought them at Walmart for $1.97 for 20 and they were self adhesive. I never had problems with those falling off our door.

Our room steward did tell me that they are painting those doors with some coating that makes the magnetic sheets less likely to stick. That would explain why my magnets worked fine one cruise and not the next when they were printed on the same type of magnetic paper.

I saw on FB that the magnet rolls from Michaels may not be the best. That's what I bought but I'm more than happy to take them back and get something else - I just don't know what else to get.

Thanks!

Why? What reason did it say? We've done our magnets this way on 5 of our 6 cruises. They are vibrant, they look great, & last. We print them at Target as photos, cut if necessary, then stick them onto the magnet (& cut to fit).

It's much more economical also. Pics are 20 cents for a 6x8, magnet roll $10 (but always use my Michaels coupon).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter