Door Decorations Getting Out of Control?

I don't think Disney minds the magnets. They sell them in the store, DVC puts them on members' doors, and on the Wish there is a piece of art showing a cross-section of the ships and a bunch of the doors have magnets on them.

I do think they're often just messy looking, but when my kids were little, they loved them. On our first cruise, my 6YO remembered "turn right at the crazy door" as part of the way to the kids' clubs.

I think decorating the doors should be restricted .
I worry about the Fire Code especially with blinking lights And liability issue.
It is a serious concern . Does Disney have anything in legal Guest Contract about Door decorating ? Or is everybody assuming it is allowed?
I need a magnet that says Do Not Decorate Doors .

I worry about the Fire Code especially with blinking lights And liability issue.
It is a serious concern . Does Disney have anything in legal Guest Contract about Door decorating ? Or is everybody assuming it is allowed?
See my post right above yours. Disney sells door magnets in the ship's shop and provides them to DVC members, so they must "allow" it.

Or one single magnet that says 'insert door decoration here' :D

I'm not a door decorator either, I previously made magnets for a Hawaii cruise then pandemic hit, so I decided not to buy magnents with anything dated in case the itinerary changes. I don't mind it if others decorate their door since it's their stateroom during the cruise. In addition, sometimes DCL encourages the door decorations with contests when they do the morning shows onboard.

I will say if it does go past their doors to walls it becomes more of an issue because it's not your stateroom anymore. I think then that's fair game for people to either move your stuff or inform stateroom hosts. In addition, I know people are trying to be creative, but door decorating is not new and you can still be creative with your door as being your border.

I agree. Was nice on my last two cruises (Celebrity and Royal) that there weren't any.
Interesting. I'm following along on a live Celebrity cruise post on another website and yesterday the person posted photos of people's decorated doors. They mostly just had one magnet or two (except the one with a ton of pineapples) but it seems to be something not unheard of on Celebrity. I do think it's far less common though.

Interesting. I'm following along on a live Celebrity cruise post on another website and yesterday the person posted photos of people's decorated doors. They mostly just had one magnet or two (except the one with a ton of pineapples) but it seems to be something not unheard of on Celebrity. I do think it's far less common though.
I don't remember any decorated doors on the Celebrity cruise we did. I didn't go down every hall and every floor though.

See my post right above yours. Disney sells door magnets in the ship's shop and provides them to DVC members, so they must "allow" it.

Allow magnets. They could put the kibosh on the elaborate stuff beyond magnets at any time. (And IMHO they should at least require confining it TO THE DOOR and remove anything beyond the door.

I don't remember any decorated doors on the Celebrity cruise we did. I didn't go down every hall and every floor though.

When I was on the Edge, I saw a few small, tasteful magnets on a few doors. But definitely nothing to the extreme I've seen on Disney.

I love decorating my door, it's fun!
I also pack a few room decor items from previous cruises and put those up on the ceiling inside the room.
I do need to fix my FE though, the pockets stick out more than I'd like them to. (I bought a generic one on Amazon) maybe some elastic on the sides of the pockets would help with that.

I don't think Disney minds the magnets. They sell them in the store, DVC puts them on members' doors, and on the Wish there is a piece of art showing a cross-section of the ships and a bunch of the doors have magnets on them.
Fun fact about that cross-section: the doors they show in that art piece are actual doors people had decorated. When the artist did that piece they went on Instagram and found a bunch of pictures of decorated doors, then put them into the painting (I learned this on the Making the Wish walking tour).

Fun fact about that cross-section: the doors they show in that art piece are actual doors people had decorated. When the artist did that piece they went on Instagram and found a bunch of pictures of decorated doors, then put them into the painting (I learned this on the Making the Wish walking tour).
Oh, that's a great "fun fact!"

When I was in college, there was a terrible fire in Dec. in dorm at Providence College that was started by a hair drier and spread rapidly through the dorm because of the paper door and hall Christmas decorations in the hall. 10 students and a firefighter died. I went to college relatively close. We heard about the fire in the morning. We all went to class and when we came back ALL of the decorations in our dorms were gone. Every single scrap of it.

So, magnets good. Go for it. If I saw anything flammable, I would freak and I would report it. Not even particularly happy with the FE for that reason.

And in terms of the hallways, it's like decorating the street you live on instead of just your own property. Stick with your door.

We aren’t door decorators but don’t really care what other people do. Personally haven’t seen anything I thought was over the top though. Interested to see how things are on the wish.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter