Dooney & Bourke

no flames please......am i the only one who wonders what the fuss is about? i keep looking at them but all i see is a purse i MAY use while on a dcl vacation. i do not think i would use it at home, it would seem sort of out of place. thats a lot of money for a bag when i would only use it once a year or there abouts.
help me understand.....

Oh gosh! I would use it everyday! The only thing I think might be a negative is that the background is white. Which means it shows dirt more. I would totally love to carry it everywhere. It reminds me of when I went on a cruise! Its not like anyone else will have one (well, the majority of the people at least). That makes it very unique.

no flames please......am i the only one who wonders what the fuss is about? i keep looking at them but all i see is a purse i MAY use while on a dcl vacation. i do not think i would use it at home, it would seem sort of out of place. thats a lot of money for a bag when i would only use it once a year or there abouts.
help me understand.....

No, you're not the only one. I feel the same way. I just don't get all the fuss. I wouldn't carry one any other time except on the cruise or a disney vacation. I would much rather have a beautiful designer purse that was more classic in design and color if I'm going to spend that much money. I guess it comes down to personal preference.

^^ I only bought one DCL Dooney & Bourke purse (medium) for myself, but consider those who are buying them for family/friends back home. I didn't see anyone hoarding them when I visited Treasure Ketch a couple of weeks ago. I would imagine some people buy these purses to put them on Ebay and make some sort of profit, but I wouldn't assume everyone is buying them for that purpose. As I said, what if they are bringing them home for friends and relatives?

Some may flame me, but I still say there should be a limit of no more than 2. They do tend to run out and I think people who are actually sailing should have priority over friends and relatives at home.

After reading this thread, I looked on ebay to see if any were for sale. There are none in the UK.

However, in the US there is a lady actually advertising the bags, yet says she is going to get them on board on the 17th July - that isn't right and anyone bidding on a bag that she hasn't got in her possession, must be nuts!

Luckily, on our cruise, they found a box had been delivered to the Magic and not opened half way through the cruise, which had the size I wanted (thanks Jgura for letting me know they were now on sale again! :thumbsup2). It is worth asking, if they haven't got any on show, if they have got some 'stashed' somewhere.

Now when I go back on the Magic in August, do I take my D&B bag, or will that look a bit flash?!!! ;)

Kate

After reading this thread, I looked on ebay to see if any were for sale. There are none in the UK.

However, in the US there is a lady actually advertising the bags, yet says she is going to get them on board on the 17th July - that isn't right and anyone bidding on a bag that she hasn't got in her possession, must be nuts!

Luckily, on our cruise, they found a box had been delivered to the Magic and not opened half way through the cruise, which had the size I wanted (thanks Jgura for letting me know they were now on sale again! :thumbs up 2). It is worth asking, if they haven't got any on show, if they have got some 'stashed' somewhere.

Now when I go back on the Magic in August, do I take my D&B bag, or will that look a bit flash?!!! ;)

Kate

See this is why i get upset people. :mad:
And no, you wont look too flashy Kate, enjoy your bag!! :thumbsup2 LOL

help me understand.....

If you are not 'in' to bags, then no you won't get it!;) Personally bags ARE my passion, some people its shoes, others clothes, but mine, bags! (oh and chocolate:love:)

I love my DCL bag and have used it everyday since I got back. It is a good size to put everything in (I have a 5 year old, so need to put crayons, little toys, snacks in there), it is comfortable, the leather smells wonderful :laughing: and best of all - no one has got one. From a distance it looks like a bright summer bag, the stitching gives it a quality look, so takes it up from the casual. Get up close and its fun and makes people smile.

I probably won't use it in the winter, it is a summer bag there is no doubt about it, but I will get a few months out of it yet and then look forward to using it again next year. :cloud9:

Hope this helps you understand.:rotfl:

Kate

P.S I am even thinking of getting the small one (not the wristlet, the next size up - starting to get excited now!!!)

See this is why i get upset people. :mad:
And no, you wont look too flashy Kate, enjoy your bag!! :thumbsup2 LOL

yeah this is just wrong. I would report her to ebay, but I guess she isnt doing anything wrong. I'm just glad she isnt on my cruise!

yeah this is just wrong. I would report her to ebay, but I guess she isnt doing anything wrong. I'm just glad she isnt on my cruise!

I agree, I suppose that DCL could try and prevent her buying more than one or two, she is advertising sending photos from the ship!!!

Unbelievable!:eek:

Kate

For those who are planning to visit Disneyland before their MR cruise, they are releasing a new line to commemorate the 55th anniversary of the park.

http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservices/artofdisneyparks/event/dlr_disneyvault28.html

I saw these the other night will researching Disney Dooneys. Even though I've only been to to DL once, I really like this print. I love the messenger bag and the DL version is the only Disney one I've seen.

I also like the crossbody (or letter carrier) very much of all the prints. I could really go for the new pink one!!!

I wouldn't carry one all the time but I don't carry a purse long anyways (at one time at least as I rotate frequently). I saw one of DDs friend's mothers carrying one of the sketch bags and it looked really cute and not out of place at all. If I bought one, I would most definitely get one of the two mentioned above that I can carry cross my body (as that is the type I prefer to vacation with) and carry it at Disney, but I could see myself carrying it occasionally at home too.

I have the theme park one and use it everyday. I get comments on it all the time as well :goodvibes. I just hope they have the cruise line one when we sail in Nov. of next year! :love:

I'm really hoping that they'll still have them on the Panama Canal Cruise on Jan.6/11! I mean you'd think that if they spent all that money to have a pattern they would continue selling it for at least a year, right?! I remember the day the WDW Dooneys came out at MK and they were gone so fast. But now when youre in the shops they have any size or pattern you could think of! I hope this is the same for these bags!! :goodvibes Has anyone asked a CM in treause ketch how long they'll be available?!

Hope everyone is having a great summer! :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter