• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dooney & Bourke Disney collaboration ~ part 4

Ladies, since I know there are several of you that have been to the release/signing at DtD before I need some advice. I will be there for the release on July 14, but will be solo with my 2 kids (5 and 8) who will wait a bit, but only so much and the kids clubs are evening only.

So, say I want to go to shop, but not get a signed item. Do I have to wait in a mega line to get into the store to shop and then another mega line to buy?

How will the stock be the night of the event and the next day if the kids can not take the line and waiting?

Thanks!

And yes, if it all works out I can get an item or two for any fellow Canadian DISers...

Ladies, since I know there are several of you that have been to the release/signing at DtD before I need some advice. I will be there for the release on July 14, but will be solo with my 2 kids (5 and 8) who will wait a bit, but only so much and the kids clubs are evening only.

So, say I want to go to shop, but not get a signed item. Do I have to wait in a mega line to get into the store to shop and then another mega line to buy?

How will the stock be the night of the event and the next day if the kids can not take the line and waiting?

Thanks!

And yes, if it all works out I can get an item or two for any fellow Canadian DISers...

I posted all about my experience. It's long and detailed so I won't repeat here, but go back a page and you'll find it.

Short answer: yes to long lines, at least in the morning. They do limit the number of people allowed in the store at a time, so there's usually not much of a line waiting to pay.

If you're not worried about getting signatures I'd just go later in the evening. I've walked in the store after the signing event was over and been the only one shopping Dooney's. You might not get CM's falling all over themselves trying to be helpful like they are when the big bosses are all there watching though.;)

I don't know about WDW but at DLR I don't think they've ever completely run out of anything in the first day or two. The first week, yes; but not the first day. Honestly I think your chances of finding nice placement are as good later in the day as they are at opening since they're constantly restocking.

Hope that helps.

I posted all about my experience. It's long and detailed so I won't repeat here, but go back a page and you'll find it.

Short answer: yes to long lines, at least in the morning. They do limit the number of people allowed in the store at a time, so there's usually not much of a line waiting to pay.

If you're not worried about getting signatures I'd just go later in the evening. I've walked in the store after the signing event was over and been the only one shopping Dooney's. You might not get CM's falling all over themselves trying to be helpful like they are when the big bosses are all there watching though.;)

I don't know about WDW but at DLR I don't think they've ever completely run out of anything in the first day or two. The first week, yes; but not the first day. Honestly I think your chances of finding nice placement are as good later in the day as they are at opening since they're constantly restocking.

Hope that helps.

THANKS! I will look for the full report. I have not been able to get on here as much recently as the kids are both home for the summer!

I would actually LOVE to get something signed, but know the kids will not make it through that! ;)

THANKS! I will look for the full report. I have not been able to get on here as much recently as the kids are both home for the summer!

I would actually LOVE to get something signed, but know the kids will not make it through that! ;)

If the event at WDW is handled like the one at DLR I think you could get a signed item without too much waiting.

I walked into Vault 28 in the early afternoon and had no wait to get in, shop, or pay. They were setting up for the signing but hadn't started yet, so it was probably around 1pm or so (sorry I don't remember exact times) and with the numbered cards for the signing you should be able to time that reasonably well. No first hand experience on that though because signed D&B bags aren't a priority for me, so I didn't go back.

I apologize if this has already been posted....but if it hasn't, Buttons print bags are now available at DS online. The wristlet is only $49 too....

Question for all you D&B pros: I see they come with a card to register them. What do I put for where I got it? Do I say on the internet? Or just say it was a gift? I'd like to register it but don't want to have any problems because it a "resale". Thanks!

Anyone know the answer to this as I have this question also.

Other than the cross body and messenger bags, what bags have the longest straps/handles to wear like the cross body?

I apologize if this has already been posted....but if it hasn't, Buttons print bags are now available at DS online. The wristlet is only $49 too....

Now to hope they offer 25% off for 4th of July and that it can be applied to Dooneys! (Assuming they don't take the buttons print down if there is a sale). :cool1:

Hi Everyone!
I am completely new to Disney Dooney and Bourke and I have to say they are really cute but.... I find myself really liking the "older" blue sketch pattern that is no longer available.
I was able to find the wristlet on Ebay but I can't find the bag anywhere. Does anyone have any idea where I can find one? If so, could you please point me in the right direction?

Thanks so much!:thumbsup2

Carla

Hi Everyone!
I am completely new to Disney Dooney and Bourke and I have to say they are really cute but.... I find myself really liking the "older" blue sketch pattern that is no longer available.
I was able to find the wristlet on Ebay but I can't find the bag anywhere. Does anyone have any idea where I can find one? If so, could you please point me in the right direction?

Thanks so much!:thumbsup2

Carla

You might try Amazon - I found a wristlet that was retired on there after looking for a very long time :goodvibes

Thanks Minnie, I tried Amazon but no luck. Anyone have any suggestions?

Carla

Do you know about our disney dooney and bourke Facebook group? There is a list we have of disney dooneys we are in search of. Also, people list their purses/wristlets for sale or trade there. Come join us :)

Help...

I don't do Facebook but I have signed up just so I can join you guys. I have no idea what I'm doing!!! Am I correct in assuming that I must be "accepted" into the group before I can do anything? If so, where do I go to do that?

I'm like a fish out of water so someone please help me!!! :teacher:

Thanks!
Carla

Thanks mlittig for the link but it says "Page Not Found" when I click on it. Sorry to be soooo much trouble I appreciate your help. ;)

Carla

Okay, I found the page but there's no "join" button. Geez.... I'm a sad soul aren' I?
Any help would be so appreciated!!!

Carla

Just left WDW after a 10-day trip. Checked just about every store that sold D&B, some more than once. i really wanted the leather cross-body but i only found the large bag (sorry, can't remember the name of the style) and the wristlet. Also wanted a comic wristlet but preferably with red pink or brown but didn't find them either (I don't like any of the other comic styles). I didn't love the buttons. Sadly I left WDW without purchasing a single Dooney this time! almost got the leather wristlet (don't think i'd get enough use out of the big bag) but decided to wait untl hopefully i can get the cross-body (my favorite style)

I have an original sketch wristlet and a 40th anniversary wristlet, but I really want one that zips for use in the park. Can someone tell me the cost of the leather sketch? I am trying to decide if I should buy one now from ebay, or wait until I go to WDW in July. Are they readily available at WDW and which location is best to look for them? I have a serious Disney Dooney addiction with 6 bags and the 2 wristlets, but love the look of the leather sketch.

Prices for the leather sketch bags:

Tote $345
Crossbody $210
Wristlet $95

I wouldn't be surprised if there's an increase on the crossbody when it comes back in stock though. Both the tote and the wristlet recently went up a bit, but since the crossbody has been out of stock, that may not be the correct price on it.

I believe there are plenty of wristlets currently in stock at both DLR and WDW, last I heard there were still a few totes at WDW but none at DLR, and crossbody bags are completely out of stock at both parks right now.

I'm no help with particular shops at WDW, sorry. But if you decide to come to DLR I can point you in the right direction.
:thumbsup2

Carla,

I was a fb holdout and only signed up so I could join the gals on the Dooney page too.

I can't get the link to work either, but search for "Disney Dooney and Bourke" you should see 2 groups, one with 500+ members and one with 300+ members. The smaller group is our new home since we just switched from an open group to a closed group. So be sure to click on the one with 300+ members. You will need to wait to be approved, but hopefully it won't take too long.

Looking forward to "seeing" you over there.

I have a question for the Dooney experts. Do you think they will have any of the new Dooney backpacks in the stores before the big signing in July?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter