Dooney & Bourke Disney collaboration ~ part 4

Did you guys see the medium sketch tote on ebay for $499.99? The seller is claiming that it is a very rare cruise bag. Sorry, but I don't know how to post a link. I also see they are selling a real sketch cruise bag for the same price.

I really hope no one falls for this. Yikes!

Yeah, I saw those, too. :laughing:

With the holidays around the corner, they're betting someone will be desperate enough (or ignorant) to pay those prices. :sad2:

Sure, why not :goodvibes It will match the snow :lmao: Which bag are you thinking of using :rolleyes1

All of them:lmao:I have the medium sketch, the lucy bag, the aulani bag, the minnie bow pouchette in white, and I just got the new comic satchel which has a white background. I never worried about this before but someone else was talking about their winter and summer purses and then I got worried that I was doing the wrong thing and looking rediculous. I worry way too much about the dumbest things, as you can see.:sad2:

I ordered the Medium Sketch Tote well there was the 25% off the theme park merchandise. I just got it in the mail today and am really happy about the placement!:yay: So I thought I would post pictures for all of you to see:

So here is the front:
IMAG0553.jpg

And here is the back:
IMAG0554.jpg

Everybody else may not like the placement but I love it. I got at least 1 full Tinkerbelle which is the main thing I wanted and at least 1 of everything(I think)!:banana:

And in 35 days I will be taking it to WDW for the first time!:dance3:
Congrats on the happy placement! :) You've got some of my favorites on the front and back...Mickey, Minnie,Dumbo, Tink, Castle and even Cheshire Cat. You got FOUR of your fave Tinkerbell on there, so that's great! :thumbsup2

I also posted this on facebook, but the more I think about it, the more sad I am so I thought I would post here too:
Okay, I'm just wondering if this has happened to anyone here. When I got home tonight I noticed that the little leather strap with the lobster key clasp inside my 40th messenger detached from the lining of the bag. I'm not overly concerned since I have never used it, but it was upsetting that it would just break off. It looks like it was just glued in since there is a residue inside the bag and on the strap itself. Part of me wants to send it off to Dooney and Bourke to be fixed, but I am very afraid it could end up being replaced and I am quite attached to my placement. Not sure what to do...:guilty:

I've used my messenger on two trips now and mine seems secure, like it's actually SEWN in, not glued. I gave it a light tug and it doesn't budge. My guess is when it was sewn together they didn't quite catch the end of it in the seam. It's possible they use an adhesive in the construction process to hold it in place before sewing, and maybe it didn't stay put on yours. :( I've never sent anything in for fixing, but it might be worth a call or email...just let them know your preference is definitely for it to be FIXED and not replaced. Although if you plan to keep the bag and not resell it, then I'd just leave it off and not worry about it. :thumbsup2

All of them:lmao:I have the medium sketch, the lucy bag, the aulani bag, the minnie bow pouchette in white, and I just got the new comic satchel which has a white background. I never worried about this before but someone else was talking about their winter and summer purses and then I got worried that I was doing the wrong thing and looking rediculous. I worry way too much about the dumbest things, as you can see.:sad2:

How do you like the comic satchel?

Kathy.. what color of leather handles did you choose for your comic satchel? Is it comfortable to carry on your shoulders? My husband left yesterday to Orlando but he said he wasn't sure how much time he would have to go shopping for me at DTD. So I am keeping my eye on ebay:surfweb:

How do you like the comic satchel?

I didn't get it yet. A gal on eBay put one on a couple of days ago with a stock photo. I asked if I could see pics and what I was looking for. She is close to Disneyland, and the world was sold out. She went that day and found two like what I said, and sent pics. Even though I wanted to wait and get my 10% discount and use reward dollars I broke down when I saw the pics of one and bought it, although both were great for my placement. I am sure when I go I can find something to spend my dollars on. I will let you know how I like it in a few days:lmao:

Kathy.. what color of leather handles did you choose for your comic satchel? Is it comfortable to carry on your shoulders? My husband left yesterday to Orlando but he said he wasn't sure how much time he would have to go shopping for me at DTD. So I am keeping my eye on ebay:surfweb:

Hi Liza, I got the satchel which only comes with red handles. I got one with the Princess Minnie almost in the middle of the front. The other one she had she now has for pics on her ebay listing. It is really cute, too, with Minnie Princess. I tried to get one thru the mail order but they told me they were on backorder, but I really didn't want one sight unseen. I really wanted to wait but got panicky when I heard they were sold out and then with the holidays I thought they would sell out more. :rolleyes1 Anyway, the gal was really nice and really tried to help me get what I wanted. I think they just got them at Disneyland. I am using my 40th bucket bag the last 2 days and love it. thanks again for your help.:)

Hi Liza, I got the satchel which only comes with red handles. I got one with the Princess Minnie almost in the middle of the front. The other one she had she now has for pics on her ebay listing. It is really cute, too, with Minnie Princess. I tried to get one thru the mail order but they told me they were on backorder, but I really didn't want one sight unseen. I really wanted to wait but got panicky when I heard they were sold out and then with the holidays I thought they would sell out more. :rolleyes1 Anyway, the gal was really nice and really tried to help me get what I wanted. I think they just got them at Disneyland. I am using my 40th bucket bag the last 2 days and love it. thanks again for your help.:)

Kathy, how does the satchel compare in size to the bucket bag? That red handled satchel is what I think is next on my wish list.

Kathy, how does the satchel compare in size to the bucket bag? That red handled satchel is what I think is next on my wish list.

I haven't gotten it yet, but will let you know that in a few days after I get it. It looks bigger to me than the bucket bag, that is comparing the size of the sachel they made for the cruise bag and this looks like the same bag. The cruise satchel measurements are 10in.high, 16in.wide and 6 1/2in deep. The bucket bag is 10in high, 14in wide and 5in. wide. Those are the Disney site measurements for those bags, thus the satchel is a little bigger. Anyway, later in the week I will update on how the sizes compare.:thumbsup2

I got that turkey from Lulu's mom, too and I am so dumb I can't get it to work for me. :guilty: I think I need to take a computer course.:confused3 You made it look so cute surrounding MIckey and Minnie. I also love Lulu's mom parade of her purses. I would love all of us to have that. I am still trying to figure out how to post pics here. I have had two people give me the steps and then it doesn't work when I do it:sad2:

Anyone have a cosmetic bag for sale? Or think they may have some out at the parks or online for Cyber Monday again?

I got that turkey from Lulu's mom, too and I am so dumb I can't get it to work for me. :guilty: I think I need to take a computer course.:confused3 You made it look so cute surrounding MIckey and Minnie. I also love Lulu's mom parade of her purses. I would love all of us to have that. I am still trying to figure out how to post pics here. I have had two people give me the steps and then it doesn't work when I do it:sad2:

Kathy.. I sent you a PM.:goodvibes

Hi all,

Is the sachel comic bag large enough for a 15.4" laptop?

I'm headed down to Orlando for a work trip in a couple days and hope to see the comic bags :wizard:

Thanks!
Minnie

I'm back guys! Haven't been buying anything new lately so I haven't been posting :) Still getting tons of compliments on my black balloon purse. I'll be headed to MK on Friday so let me know if there is anything you want me to check on.

I love the scrolling purses also, but have no idea how to do that :confused3

I hope to get my husband to go to DTD today. He went there yesterday evening and as soon as he saw how crowded it was he left:sad2: So he said he would try again today before he leaves Orlando.

So, does the comic satchel only come in the red trim? I was hoping for black trim.

Thanks for your help.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter