Dooney & Bourke Disney collaboration ~ part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were you I would try and get at least $200 for it. They sell new for $265. Even though you used it, it is probably in like new condition. You can always bring the price down if no one bites at it.;)

I'm eyeing the one you have listed right now but think it is above my price range

Sorry I am gonna bug ya gals with another question. I found out that my hubby bought me the large sketch bag :banana: I'm not supposed to know but he bought it on our joint ebay account(doh), I'm guessing it is for our anniversary. Anyways, I am worried about the size of the bag. Just how big is it and would it look weird for a short and small gal wearing it? Thanks for all the help ladies

On another note shipping tracking says I should get my minnie patty pouchette that I bought from a fellow diser tomorrow(well today now):cool1:

Sorry I am gonna bug ya gals with another question. I found out that my hubby bought me the large sketch bag :banana: I'm not supposed to know but he bought it on our joint ebay account(doh), I'm guessing it is for our anniversary. Anyways, I am worried about the size of the bag. Just how big is it and would it look weird for a short and small gal wearing it? Thanks for all the help ladies

On another note shipping tracking says I should get my minnie patty pouchette that I bought from a fellow diser tomorrow(well today now):cool1:

You will look great wearing it. I wonder if he bought you the one that they had on there yesterday still in the plastic wrap? It is a beautiful bag with great placement. I was tempted by it myself but already have the med tote sketch mickey bag. Congratulations and just enjoy the "surprise" and be thrilled you have such a special husband to buy you that!!!
I am thrilled you are getting the pouchette today. Let me know how you like it. :dance3:

I love, love, love my large sketches (one parks, one DCL)! I use them as a day-to-day purse, but I am 6 feet tall and carry everything but the kitchen sink (Nook, Tablet, water, snack, etc). It is not just tall and wide but deep, so it is pretty easy to find stuff. I'm not saying take it to the POOL or anything (LOL) but I have used it as a trip bag. I hope you like yours too - post pictures!!

Ok Ladies who has the champ sac I have wanted this bag for a while and with the reduced price I might just have to buy it. I have the large sketch and a letter carrier and I love them both but the champ sac looks to be in the middle size wise and more neutral thoughts please?

. . . At one time I had three of them but I sold the one with the cheshire cat to a fellow disser . . .

And I still haven't used mine either because I want to "keep it nice", but I smile whenever I see that Cheshire Cat grinning at me from my closet shelf! Thank you again for such a great little bag! :goodvibes

For anyone interested, I received an email from D&B CS this morning regarding cleaning my Mickey Faces bag.

Dear Kathie,

Thank you for your reply. The cotton fabric has not been treated for water repellency. If the fabric becomes wet, blot with a dry white or light colored cloth and allow to dry completely.

For simple spot cleaning, use a mild bar soap and water (sodium-free seltzer water can be substituted) dampened cloth or soft toothbrush applied in a gentle circular motion. This should be repeated with water only to ensure no residual soap remains. The fabric should then be allowed to dry completely.

Oily spots should first be wiped free of excess liquid. Talcum powder should then be sprinkled on the area and allowed to sit briefly. With a dry toothbrush, gently brush away powder to alleviate the soil.

No creams, polishes or leather conditioning products should be used on the trim and handles. The pale Vacchetta Leather will darken over time and with exposure to light.

Sincerely,

Customer Service

I happen to have some DREFT so I am going to try that and see what happens. I'll let you know.

And I still haven't used mine either because I want to "keep it nice", but I smile whenever I see that Cheshire Cat grinning at me from my closet shelf! Thank you again for such a great little bag! :goodvibes

Glad to hear that you love :love: your cheshire cat. The cosmetic bags are so cute and were so hard to get that I also want to "keep them nice". :cutie:

I'm headed to WDW in 2 weeks, and have my mind set on getting the Balloon Drawstring Purse. Of course the more I read through this thread, the more addicted I become as I look at all of your pictures. I find myself wanting a 40th Anniversary, and a Sketch as well! I'm all about black, so the brown on the 40th isn't very appealing, yet I need it!

In the meantime, I made my first small D&B purchase, just because I couldn't resist the cosmetic bag for $15.

IMG_1092.jpg

Unfortunately this cosmetic bag has to go back, since they put the tag on upside down! I was worried that they would make me return it first, and then send a replacement, which would not arrive in time for vacation, but they said they will get another one out right away.

Now back to page 84 for me to keep reading. (It's more interesting than work)

Disneystore.com 15% off today only 6/23 plus free shipping when you spend $50 coupon code is GIFT2011 and don't forget to click through ebates for another 5%

I love, love, love my large sketches (one parks, one DCL)! I use them as a day-to-day purse, but I am 6 feet tall and carry everything but the kitchen sink (Nook, Tablet, water, snack, etc). It is not just tall and wide but deep, so it is pretty easy to find stuff. I'm not saying take it to the POOL or anything (LOL) but I have used it as a trip bag. I hope you like yours too - post pictures!!

oooh I can't wait. Iwill post pics as soon as I get it! I tend to carry everything but the kitchen sink also. I am very excited about it

Ok Ladies who has the champ sac I have wanted this bag for a while and with the reduced price I might just have to buy it. I have the large sketch and a letter carrier and I love them both but the champ sac looks to be in the middle size wise and more neutral thoughts please?

I had the champ sac and I loved the style. I no longer have it because I found other patterns I liked better. I think you will love it if you are wanting a neutral purse. It is a great size I just wasn;t keen on the pattern

Disneystore.com 15% off today only 6/23 plus free shipping when you spend $50 coupon code is GIFT2011 and don't forget to click through ebates for another 5%

Thank you!! I've been on the fence about the Champsac and this finally pushed me to buy it. I'm one of those who HAS to have a zipper on my purse and the Champsac is a lot bigger than what I usually carry. I'm thinking of using it as a tote while traveling. I also ordered the balloon cosmetic bag and I was able to combine the DOONEY code with the GIFT2011 code so it was a deal. I didn't get completely free shipping. Shipping for my order was $14.95 and I received $10 off. I think it was because of the cosmetic bag.

Thank you!! I've been on the fence about the Champsac and this finally pushed me to buy it. I'm one of those who HAS to have a zipper on my purse and the Champsac is a lot bigger than what I usually carry. I'm thinking of using it as a tote while traveling. I also ordered the balloon cosmetic bag and I was able to combine the DOONEY code with the GIFT2011 code so it was a deal. I didn't get completely free shipping. Shipping for my order was $14.95 and I received $10 off. I think it was because of the cosmetic bag.

Yeah there is still a glitch when you order the cosmetic bag charging $5 for shipping when it should be free. If you email them just tell them to reverse it off your credit card I have had no problems getting it taken off.

Yeah there is still a glitch when you order the cosmetic bag charging $5 for shipping when it should be free. If you email them just tell them to reverse it off your credit card I have had no problems getting it taken off.

Good to know!!! Thanks!

After skimming over this entire thread (I didn't look at parts one and two) I couldn't find an answer to one question that I have.

We are going to WDW in October, and I am hoping to purchase one of the 40th anniversary bags while I'm there. I have both a Disney Visa and an AP. I know that the stores (WoD, Trend-D) in DD will give you a discount if you use one of those, but what about the stores in the parks? (Uptown Jewelers, MouseGears, etc.) I'm afraid that I will find the perfect placement in one of those stores, but would like to save some money if I can.

Also, if I decide to use my Dream Rewards from Disney Visa, will I still be able to get a percentage off of the price?

TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter