• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dooney & Bourke Disney collaboration ~ part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coming out of lurkdom as a Disney Dooney fan. I got a white sketch wristlet last week and my medium sketch tote should be arriving tomorrow. The day after I placed that order disneystore.com had the 25% off clearance code and I couldn't resist ordering the smaller princess bag!

Wahooo!!! Welcome!!!! :banana:

I know this is a Dooney & Bourke thread, but is there one for the Harvey Handbags??? I love Dooney's Disney bags and I think that the Harvey bags would be a good change as well. :)

If there isn't a thread, do any of you out there have a Harvey bag and if you do what are your thoughts on it/them?

Thank so much and keep the Dooney Disney bags going ;)

Carla in VA

I don't know of a thread for Harvey's bags. I think those of us who are fans have just been sneaking updates in here. ;)

I've been hesitant about Harveys cause I heard they are so heavy. Does the white get dirty very easily? My Dooney Sketch has stayed white, but the light brown leather handles are disgusting and I'm kinda getting tired of it. How does the size of the boat tote compare to the medium sketch tote? Anyone have a pic of them holding one? I was also looking at the Harveys convertible tote, but it is the woven design, so I'm assuming extremely heavy. Thanks!

I bought the convertible, but I was afraid it would be too heavy once I loaded it with all my junk, so I sold it before ever actually using it.

Of course that issue is not exclusive to Harvey's bags. I have a Coach bag I absolutely love the look of, but I never carry it because it's just too darn heavy.

I seem to remember someone saying that an older Harvey's bag had yellowed. I haven't had that problem, but I haven't had mine all that long either.

Here's the Harvey's boat tote with my DCL tote:

1_comp.jpg

2_comp.jpg

The handle drop is exactly the same on both bags, the height and width are actually closer to the same than they look in the picture, but the harvey's tote has a bit more depth as the side shot shows, and as per my postal scale the Harvey's tote is 1.11 oz and the D&B tote is 1.9 oz

I hope that helps.

For anyone who is currently at the World, are you seeing any of the 40th Anniversary Kristin bags? That is the bag I'd love most to get when I'm there in August, just curious.

I recently purchased the purple, park themed wristlet and love it! I was reading some posts and notices the Minnie bows? Is this a new design?

Well My Disney Wonder tote has shipped.:thumbsup2 I was a little scared since I got a Out of Stock notice on one thing I ordered on of my girls for Christmas.

I recently purchased the purple, park themed wristlet and love it! I was reading some posts and notices the Minnie bows? Is this a new design?

Yep, that one just came out last month.

Harvey's just came out with a new design for Disney featuring Steamboat Willie. Their blog says it should be available at Vault 28 in Disneyland's Downtown Disney. Here's the link:

http://www.seatbeltbags.com/hafordico.html

With all the new designs Vault 28 is going to be over run with handbags soon. :rotfl:

Well My Disney Wonder tote has shipped.:thumbsup2 I was a little scared since I got a Out of Stock notice on one thing I ordered on of my girls for Christmas.

mine too! The weird thing was I have had it in my cart for sometime and was able to checkout when it was already showing sold out on the website so I really thought I was going to get the sorry out of stock email but instead got the shipment confirmation.

For anyone who is currently at the World, are you seeing any of the 40th Anniversary Kristin bags? That is the bag I'd love most to get when I'm there in August, just curious.
They had several in a gift shop at Magic Kingdom this past Saturday....I think it's called Uptown Jewelers?

The wonder tassle is not lined either.

Thanks!

Harvey's just came out with a new design for Disney featuring Steamboat Willie. Their blog says it should be available at Vault 28 in Disneyland's Downtown Disney. Here's the link:

http://www.seatbeltbags.com/hafordico.html

that is so cute! I want one for my cruise in October.

My Wonder Tassle Tote shipped as well. I should have it on Tuesday, a day after my birthday. Hopefully it will arrive on Monday.

Hi:) I went through a Vera Bradley phase about 4 years ago and I scotchguarded every bag and accessory( I was able to sell them on eBay and did very well:)). I'm wondering if the Dooney black and white striped bag could be scotchguarded?

Hi:) I went through a Vera Bradley phase about 4 years ago and I scotchguarded every bag and accessory( I was able to sell them on eBay and did very well:)). I'm wondering if the Dooney black and white striped bag could be scotchguarded?

I scotchguarded my striped wristlet as soon as I got home from WDW.
Looking great!:goodvibes

Dang! The new Harvey is a must, but the only one to have the metal feet is the larger tote! The other buckets don't and the feet are a must!(to me)

You can, btw, send them in for a "spa" cleaning for a small fee.

I scotchguarded my striped wristlet as soon as I got home from WDW.
Looking great!:goodvibes

Dang! The new Harvey is a must, but the only one to have the metal feet is the larger tote! The other buckets don't and the feet are a must!(to me)

You can, btw, send them in for a "spa" cleaning for a small fee.

This may seem like a stupid question:confused3 but what do you do with the leather on the purses when you spray the scotch guard? Do you cover it with a cloth or masking tape, etc. I want to scotch guard my cloth purses but am afraid of the leather handles and Dooney sign getting messed up. Thanks.:)

This may seem like a stupid question:confused3 but what do you do with the leather on the purses when you spray the scotch guard? Do you cover it with a cloth or masking tape, etc. I want to scotch guard my cloth purses but am afraid of the leather handles and Dooney sign getting messed up. Thanks.:)

Two words......Saran Wrap.

Wrap it AROUND the handles and cut small squares, etc, and place on the leather where needed. Works like a charm. :cloud9:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter