• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dooney & Bourke Disney collaboration ~ part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just back- with a new Kristen I might add:rolleyes1.
I saved up for months(anytime I picked up an extra shift at work I put away the money from that shift). When I was there, I saw a few everywhere, but for the first 5 stores, I saw nothing I liked(well, the ones at Trend-D were in a glass case and the CM was standing in front not letting anybody look at them). Then, at DHS, I picked the only one on the shelf up, and there it was- all 4 theme parks, Walt above the D&B tag, ear hat, Goofy, Pluto, Donald, ticket, vacation capital banner, 71. I bring it up and the lady was like, "this one's not wrapped, would you like a wrapped one from the back?" I said, "no thank you," but in my head I was screaming "NOOOOOO!"
I did see buckets at Trend-D, no wallets or wristlets anywhere, and messengers didn't have great placement(well, somebody else might like them, but I didn't like the map taking over the front of every messenger).
The larger pink Minnie totes are still at the outlet.

I saved up for months(anytime I picked up an extra shift at work I put away the money from that shift). When I was there, I saw a few everywhere, but for the first 5 stores, I saw nothing I liked(well, the ones at Trend-D were in a glass case and the CM was standing in front not letting anybody look at them). Then, at DHS, I picked the only one on the shelf up, and there it was- all 4 theme parks, Walt above the D&B tag, ear hat, Goofy, Pluto, Donald, ticket, vacation capital banner, 71. I bring it up and the lady was like, "this one's not wrapped, would you like a wrapped one from the back?" I said, "no thank you," but in my head I was screaming "NOOOOOO!"
I did see buckets at Trend-D, no wallets or wristlets anywhere, and messengers didn't have great placement(well, somebody else might like them, but I didn't like the map taking over the front of every messenger).

Congrats on finding your perfect placement! :cutie:

Congratulations on finding the perfect bag for you... I only 5 more days to wit until I get there and hopefully find the perfect bag for me

pixiedust:

I have a cute Dooney surprise story. We usually go down to WDW every May with my inlaws to celebrate my dd's birthday. This year we decided to do the 'dream' Christmas at WDW trip instead.

But this spring started to look really bleak with no trip to plan, so my hubby decided that we should do a weekend trip over mother's day, to appease my Disney addiction and to surprise his mom in Tampa on Mother's day.

So,we sneak into the complex under the guise of being a floral delivery guy...and when we walked into her apt, she was wrapping MY mother's day gift, a Dooney in a giraffe print. Since we shop alot togethor when we are at the parks, and have our own Dis Dooneys, she said she got me this one to be my AK dooney:rotfl:

I know! They're not even available on ebay! I'm hoping for some pixie dust and find one next month at WDW. pixiedust:

We just got back from WDW a few days ago, and I couldn't find one. Hopefully, for you, they might have some by next month. I'm going to keep checking eBay.pixiedust:

I have a cute Dooney surprise story. We usually go down to WDW every May with my inlaws to celebrate my dd's birthday. This year we decided to do the 'dream' Christmas at WDW trip instead.

But this spring started to look really bleak with no trip to plan, so my hubby decided that we should do a weekend trip over mother's day, to appease my Disney addiction and to surprise his mom in Tampa on Mother's day.

So,we sneak into the complex under the guise of being a floral delivery guy...and when we walked into her apt, she was wrapping MY mother's day gift, a Dooney in a giraffe print. Since we shop alot togethor when we are at the parks, and have our own Dis Dooneys, she said she got me this one to be my AK dooney:rotfl:

Very cute story! I've thought about getting the giraffe print Dooney in a wristlet because it reminds me so much of Animal Kingdom! Enjoy your new purse! :lovestruc

OMG - Sounds perfect! Post a picture if you can.

Congrats on finding your perfect placement! :cutie:

Congratulations on finding the perfect bag for you... I only 5 more days to wit until I get there and hopefully find the perfect bag for me

pixiedust:

OMG - Sounds perfect! Post a picture if you can.

Thanks! here are pics(with my R2-D2 popcorn bucket to poof out pockets for better detail):

IMG_20110522_140913.jpg

IMG_20110522_141014.jpg

IMG_20110522_141051.jpg

IMG_20110522_141128.jpg

IMG_20110522_141435.jpg

Congratulations on getting your Kristen with great placement :woohoo: For me, time spent looking for just that right placement that calls my name :love: is a good investment :dance3: For that kind of money, I don't want to settle and just "like" it, I want to "love" it :rolleyes1

Has anyone found the Disney 40th Anniversary checkbook wallet? I can't seem to find it anywhere:confused3

I spent 11 marvelous days in Disney World the end of April and did not see one 40th anniversary bucket style or any 40th wristlets :scared1: I did see some 40th wallets but only at Uptown Jewelers in Magic Kingdom :confused3 I posted some photos of Dooney displays on pages 130 and 133 of this thread :goodvibes Page 133 has a shot of the display with three wallets :dance3: The price of the wallets was $175 :eek:

Keep checking eBay as they sometimes have the Dooney wallets but be prepared because one just recently sold for $212 :rolleyes1

I spent 11 marvelous days in Disney World the end of April and did not see one 40th anniversary bucket style or any 40th wristlets :scared1: I did see some 40th wallets but only at Uptown Jewelers in Magic Kingdom :confused3 I posted some photos of Dooney displays on pages 130 and 133 of this thread :goodvibes Page 133 has a shot of the display with three wallets :dance3: The price of the wallets was $175 :eek:

Thanks for the photos! Darn, I didn't look at Uptown Jewelers when I was there. I'm surprised at the Ebay price:scared1: I'll keep looking, though.

DH and I are leaving late Thursday night for the world and I can't wait! It's our 5th anniversary and my 25th bday in the same trip so I've got my heart set on the new Minnie bow bag as my present :lovestruc

DH and I are leaving late Thursday night for the world and I can't wait! It's our 5th anniversary and my 25th bday in the same trip so I've got my heart set on the new Minnie bow bag as my present :lovestruc

We are right behind you. We leave first thing Friday morning.

Hi, it's a Pentax camera. Still reading the manual LOL! This is my first "real" camera and I'm hoping to be able to take better pictures-especially of Dooney's :) If you want information on the camera just pm me and I can send you the link that tells about it.

I think I need an intervention.

After reading all of the reports of scarce bucket bags (my brother didn't see any the 9 days he was there), I started to panic about the 40th bags. One night working late I found a 40th messenger with my perfect placement :lovestruc and delayed until the final seconds before buying it. It arrived Friday and i love it!

Lo and behold I'm still looking on ebay and a bucket bag with all 3 characters on the front pops up. A rational person would walk away.

Apparently I'm no longer a rational person.:rotfl:

So I looked at the messenger thinking I should sell it and I can't bring myself to part with it. What has happened to me?????? I never, ever bought expensive bags.

After reading all of the reports of scarce bucket bags (my brother didn't see any the 9 days he was there), I started to panic about the 40th bags. One night working late I found a 40th messenger with my perfect placement :lovestruc and delayed until the final seconds before buying it. It arrived Friday and i love it!

Lo and behold I'm still looking on ebay and a bucket bag with all 3 characters on the front pops up. A rational person would walk away.

So I looked at the messenger thinking I should sell it and I can't bring myself to part with it. What has happened to me?????? I never, ever bought expensive bags.

:rotfl: I was just looking at completed disney dooneys on ebay and noticed that bucket bag. PERFECT PLACEMENT!!:cutie: I too have both the messenger and the bucket sytle bag.. my intentions were to keep only one once I had them both in hand to compare. However, I can't seem to make up my mind :rolleyes1 Now I am looking for the perfect 40th wristlet.. this is a serious addiction.. welcome to my world:dance3:

Well, I for one am glad you need intervention, because it is my bag you bought. I laughed out loud to see my purse being discussed so favorably. My ignorance, I didn't realize it was so perfect, or I would have asked more money for it!haha. Seriously I am glad someone is getting it that is so happy about it. I bought that and the 55th ann. bucket bag and am getting the Kristen one instead for both. I am just needing a bigger bag. Again, I am happy you are so happy. By the way, I will send it to you tomorrow priority. I hope I get a Kristen tote as nice , I have already gotten the 55th one. It is great placement. Have a great night.:yay:

Well, I for one am glad you need intervention, because it is my bag you bought. I laughed out loud to see my purse being discussed so favorably. My ignorance, I didn't realize it was so perfect, or I would have asked more money for it!haha. Seriously I am glad someone is getting it that is so happy about it. I bought that and the 55th ann. bucket bag and am getting the Kristen one instead for both. I am just needing a bigger bag. Again, I am happy you are so happy. By the way, I will send it to you tomorrow priority. I hope I get a Kristen tote as nice , I have already gotten the 55th one. It is great placement. Have a great night.:yay:

I was wondering if you were a DISer, I admit to watching many of your auctions, we have the same taste in placement! It really is my perfect bag, thank you!!! I'm really hoping you find your perfect Kristin too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter