• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dooney & Bourke Disney collaboration ~ part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The buckles on the straps of the large bag work, so you can actually lengthen or shorten the straps a bit to suit your taste.
These aren't the best pictures ever, but hopefully they help a little:

Bows_3.jpg

Bows_4.jpg

Bows_5.jpg

Bows_6.jpg

I got a reply about 2-3 hours after I asked about the smaller bag. I knew it was like the pouchette(sp?) but wanted to make sure. This bag I'm not really worried about placement, but it would be nice of them to take an actual photo of the bag you'd be buying.

Our 14th wedding anniversary is coming up soon :love: maybe my husband will see the hints I sent him:rotfl:texted, emailed a copy of the listing, sent it to his facebook:wizard: We got married on Friday the 13th:laughing:

I know someone else has an anniversary coming up-Catira:goodvibes

I was married on Friday the 13th too and so was my dh's sister. People always think it's really weird. We've been married for almost 20 years and the in-laws have been married for 26 so I guess it worked for us.

I am torn on the new bags. I like both of them, but think the black would look nicer longer.

AHHHHHHHHHHH - I just ordered a Lucy bag. My birthday is Monday and my DH keeps asking what I want. I said I want a new Disney Dooney. He is not computer literate and does not know which bag I want so he said just to order it. I got free shipping but no discount codes. I have a 40 Anniversary messanger bag that we got in Disney this past February and I love it but I want a white bag for the summer. I only ordered one so I hope my placement is good. I know some order more then one and then return the ones they do not like but I could not see putting that much on our credit card.

Keeping my fingers crossed as it is for my birthday. I will let everyone know when I receive it.

Linda

:bday: and congratulations on the new bag

I was married on Friday the 13th too and so was my dh's sister. People always think it's really weird. We've been married for almost 20 years and the in-laws have been married for 26 so I guess it worked for us.

I am torn on the new bags. I like both of them, but think the black would look nicer longer.

We have had a few people think it's weird also, but oh well;) It's been good luck for us so far.

On the smaller Dooney pouchette size I'm wondering if you could switch the straps with the Margo straps to make it cross body? I know it's small like the Margot, but with it being longer in length maybe I could put more in it? I added a strap to the balloon drawstring that was from the black princess satchel and it worked perfect:goodvibes

The buckles on the straps of the large bag work, so you can actually lengthen or shorten the straps a bit to suit your taste.
These aren't the best pictures ever, but hopefully they help a little:

Bows_3.jpg

Bows_4.jpg

Bows_5.jpg

Bows_6.jpg
The pictures look great! I'm torn between the white and the black bags. The material is pretty durable, so I'm not afraid of getting the white dirty-I just can't choose one ;)

The shipping isn't too bad. Plus as long as you don't live in CA or FL you don't pay sales tax. I try to order from DLR rather than WDW as they give the 10% visa discount.

CM's I believe get a 35% discount so I figure that's how ebay sellers can sell for less

I ordered a Lucy bag a few days ago and rechecked my order last night and realized I was charged sales tax. I got free shipping. I live in NJ and I thought I would not be charged sales tax. I called Customer Service this morning and they checked my order and said yes, I should have been charged sales tax for my state. Anyone else from either NJ or anywhere else (besides CA or FL) get charged sales tax?

Linda

Cats Mom - thanks for the pictures. I don't see a single 40th anniversary print purse in the display. Were you just working on giving the new bow purse sizing or is the 40th disappearing from the shelves?

Cats Mom - thanks for the pictures. I don't see a single 40th anniversary print purse in the display. Were you just working on giving the new bow purse sizing or is the 40th disappearing from the shelves?

The pics Cats Mom (Sheila) took are from Disneyland. :)

I REALLY didn't want to like that new Minnie bow bag but all those photos are making me think I might at the very least need a wristlet in each color...uggh Still wanting a tinkerbell bag!

Liza's right, I'm in California, so the pictures are from Vault 28 at Downtown Disney.

I REALLY didn't want to like that new Minnie bow bag but all those photos are making me think I might at the very least need a wristlet in each color...uggh Still wanting a tinkerbell bag!

I do the same thing. My first comment about the balloon collection was that at least I wouldn't be tempted to buy anything. But obviously it grew on me because I have a couple of balloon bags. :rotfl:

I'm waiting on a backpack style bag. I'd buy that even if I didn't love the collection it was from. Come on Disney & Dooney... release a great park size backpack.

I ordered a Lucy bag a few days ago and rechecked my order last night and realized I was charged sales tax. I got free shipping. I live in NJ and I thought I would not be charged sales tax. I called Customer Service this morning and they checked my order and said yes, I should have been charged sales tax for my state. Anyone else from either NJ or anywhere else (besides CA or FL) get charged sales tax?

Linda

I'm pretty sure the online site charges sales tax in any state that has a Disney Store.

If you order from WDW or DLR directly through merchandising I think they only charge tax in FL or CA, but chances are any tax savings will be wiped out by shipping costs.

So I just saw a thread talking about an annual passholder sale coming up this summer. Since some of the Disney Dooney's are showing up at the outlets, do you think there's also a chance they might show up at the AP sale?

This is a little off topic -- I got an email from Dooney & Bourke today announcing their newest print collection (this is NOT Disney), called Whimsy.

Whimsy Dooneys

I don't know if anyone here buys non-Disney Dooneys as well, so this may be an inappropriate post! Disney Dooneys are what got me interested in Dooneys in general. It's all dangerous. :)

Sorry if this is old news, I haven't taken the time to read through this whole thread!

Do these bags really increase in value? I ask because my husband bought me one for mother's day while we were there and well its just not my style or taste...love him to pieces for the thought though. He told me he wouldn't be insulted if I sold it and got something else I want. Problem is I really don't have any wants or needs and judgiing by prices on ebay, I would feel bad he spent so much on it and I sold it at a loss because I took the tags off.

So the question is, do they really increase in value where it would be better to hold onto it for a couple of years and since I have no intention of using it, just keep it wrapped up and protected and sell it when it goes up in value??

You could post photos of it here and if someone is looking for that placement you could get back what was paid for it. As far as going up in value I don't think so they are very mass produced if I thought they were worth anything I wouldn't be using my sketch version1 bag.

I really wish they'd do a Disney D & B in the satchel. I know they do the cruise one, but I've never done a Disney cruise so wouldn't feel right buying one.

I would love the 40th print on a satchel!!!

That new Dooney style is cute! The Disney Dooneys got me interested in the non-Disney Dooneys as well. Thanks for the link!

I got a reply about 2-3 hours after I asked about the smaller bag. I knew it was like the pouchette(sp?) but wanted to make sure. This bag I'm not really worried about placement, but it would be nice of them to take an actual photo of the bag you'd be buying.

Our 14th wedding anniversary is coming up soon :love: maybe my husband will see the hints I sent him:rotfl:texted, emailed a copy of the listing, sent it to his facebook:wizard: We got married on Friday the 13th:laughing:

I know someone else has an anniversary coming up-Catira:goodvibes

Rachel, what kind of camera did you get? I'm in the process of researching cameras and it's making me crazy. Pretty soon I have to accept that no two websites are going to feel the same way about any one camera.

They are selling them at Trend-D as I got myself the pouchette this evening in black.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter