• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dooney & Bourke Disney collaboration ~ part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right! I'm so bummed!! I've been a long-time lurker on these boards but never feel the urge to post! I even took pictures of the wallet and uploaded them to photobucket! Once I get my post count up to 10 I'll post the pictures...You'd think with as big a Disney Nut that I am I'd post more often!! :lmao:

Thanks

I am not so sure I would love a vera bag.

I personally don't care for Vera Bradly. But it will save me money!

Im sad to see Dooney and Disney part ways. I have wanted disney to team up with Vera Bradley for a long time and I think if done right it could really be a nice bags. It would take finding the right material and doing good placements. I think they should also have a full line of Disney VB because in the parks you see all different styles of bags.

I also think if they could come up with a few really good SLR camera bags, that could really add to the line and do well for both Disney and VB.

Lanyards would be a hit too, coolers, anything one would carry into the parks, would be a huge hit.

VB is washable, durable, not as pricey as Dooney so it may appeal to more guest.

1 hope VB does well with a disney line.

Im sad to see Dooney and Disney part ways. I have wanted disney to team up with Vera Bradley for a long time and I think if done right it could really be a nice bags. It would take finding the right material and doing good placements. I think they should also have a full line of Disney VB because in the parks you see all different styles of bags.

I also think if they could come up with a few really good SLR camera bags, that could really add to the line and do well for both Disney and VB.

Lanyards would be a hit too, coolers, anything one would carry into the parks, would be a huge hit.

VB is washable, durable, not as pricey as Dooney so it may appeal to more guest.

1 hope VB does well with a disney line.

I agree that VB could be a nice addition to the Disney purse line. It does depend on the pattern. It would be nice if the purses didn't cost as much as the Dooneys. When Disney offers non-designer purses, the quality is not there, and they sometimes look cheap or childish. I think that's why the Dooneys have been so popular - they are cute, stylish, and good quality. It is just a rumor that the Disney-Dooney partnership is at an end. So we'll see what happens. Meanwhile, I hope everyone has a nice Easter!!!

I agree that VB could be a nice addition to the Disney purse line. It does depend on the pattern. It would be nice if the purses didn't cost as much as the Dooneys. When Disney offers non-designer purses, the quality is not there, and they sometimes look cheap or childish. I think that's why the Dooneys have been so popular - they are cute, stylish, and good quality. It is just a rumor that the Disney-Dooney partnership is at an end. So we'll see what happens. Meanwhile, I hope everyone has a nice Easter!!!

I agree the other handbags Disney has offered have looked cheap and more for a little girl.

I have a lot of ideas for CB patterns but this isn't a thread about VB. I'll miss the Dooneys so hopefully they don't stay away for ever.

I hope the rumor isn't true. :( I love D&B and I love Disney. One without the other just doesn't have the appeal for me. And I was *so* hoping they'd do a Winnie the Pooh pattern for the new movie. I keep suggesting it every time I register a new bag with D&B! :)

Okay, I REALLY need to see how big this WDW 40th Anniversary Messenger Bag is. I can't find a picture of it ANYWHERE in any type of context. I really want it, but I am small and never, ever carry big bags - to give you an example, I wouldn't buy the Lucy Sketch bag while we were at the park because it was too big for me.

So I would really like it a lot if someone would take a pic with them in the background - doesn't have to be their face, just a body - so I can see exactly the size. If it's right, I'm buying it.

how did i miss there is a D&B thread?

Hi Jen!! :cool1::thumbsup2

anyhow- just bought the 40th letter carrier online, but not sure i am in love with the placement. I did get the D&B cosmetic bag with the promo code. I am considering ordered a second one to see if i like the placement on #2 any better. Is there any way to put a note on my order requesting certain placement- or do they not even pay attention to requests that like at disneystore.com? Any experience with this? I am heading to the parks in October, but would like to buy my purse now and not wait 6 months until i could pick one out in person. plus, i fear with the rumors of D&B and Disney parting ways, who knows what will happen- i'd rather buy it now.

So if i order a second bag, knowing i will return one of them later on- could i use the promo code again to get a second cosmetic bag (if they are still running that) or would they make me send it back when i returned one of the bags?

also- what do you think of the placement? am i being too picky? I'd prefer to get the "Walt Disney World" logo in a better placement, along with maybe the black mickey ears or the Epcot badge. instead, on the back, i have the hughe map and AK badge as the biggest things. i do like the MK badge and 71 badge on the front though. So what should i do- just order a second and hope it is better (or order two, if my CC is not maxed out! lol). Are they pretty good about the returns- just within 30 days?

i have the sketch wristlet and medium sketch tote and loves those, but i really want a letter carrier style to carry in the parks (and on other trips where i want something compact).

here it is.
224032_1998364680200_1276016879_2420737_3759445_n.jpg

222293_1998364920206_1276016879_2420738_4108295_n.jpg

how did i miss there is a D&B thread?

Hi Jen!! :cool1::thumbsup2

anyhow- just bought the 40th letter carrier online, but not sure i am in love with the placement. I did get the D&B cosmetic bag with the promo code. I am considering ordered a second one to see if i like the placement on #2 any better. Is there any way to put a note on my order requesting certain placement- or do they not even pay attention to requests that like at disneystore.com? Any experience with this? I am heading to the parks in October, but would like to buy my purse now and not wait 6 months until i could pick one out in person. plus, i fear with the rumors of D&B and Disney parting ways, who knows what will happen- i'd rather buy it now.

So if i order a second bag, knowing i will return one of them later on- could i use the promo code again to get a second cosmetic bag (if they are still running that) or would they make me send it back when i returned one of the bags?

also- what do you think of the placement? am i being too picky? I'd prefer to get the "Walt Disney World" logo in a better placement, along with maybe the black mickey ears or the Epcot badge. instead, on the back, i have the hughe map and AK badge as the biggest things. i do like the MK badge and 71 badge on the front though. So what should i do- just order a second and hope it is better (or order two, if my CC is not maxed out! lol). Are they pretty good about the returns- just within 30 days?

i have the sketch wristlet and medium sketch tote and loves those, but i really want a letter carrier style to carry in the parks (and on other trips where i want something compact).

here it is.
224032_1998364680200_1276016879_2420737_3759445_n.jpg

222293_1998364920206_1276016879_2420738_4108295_n.jpg

I think your placement is cute!:) Of course, we all look for different things when we buy a disney dooney40th . For me, it is the 1971 logo, mickey ears, and a full character such as pluto, goofy, or donald. The disneystore as far as I know will not guarantee any specific requests. I returned a disney dooney to Disneyparks via mail for repairs, and when I called to request my replacement have similiar placement I was told they could not guarantee me anything. Others have ordered several bags when they place an order online, and have then returned what they did not like. Another option, is to buy one on EBAY where you can see exactly what you are getting.. no stock photos.

What was the promo coade for the cosmetic bag? I didn't see that when I ordered. Can you return the mto a store or do you have to send it back? I am not planning a returning any of mine, just curious.

What was the promo coade for the cosmetic bag? I didn't see that when I ordered. Can you return the mto a store or do you have to send it back? I am not planning a returning any of mine, just curious.
code is DOONEY- you get the cosmetic bag for $15.

I would love a 40th anniversary edition. I will be at WDW in October. I worry that they might not have them then. I might have to order one before we go

I would love a 40th anniversary edition. I will be at WDW in October. I worry that they might not have them then. I might have to order one before we go
yeah, i was just going to wait, i mean, it is fun buying it in person, but i just worry that 6 months is a lot of time for them to sell out, retire them or whatever else. You just never know? :confused3:thumbsup2

yeah, i was just going to wait, i mean, it is fun buying it in person, but i just worry that 6 months is a lot of time for them to sell out, retire them or whatever else. You just never know? :confused3:thumbsup2

I have the same thought. Our next trip isn't until September after our cruise and I had planned out getting a DCL bag, DCL red wristlet and the 40th Anniversary bucket bag for me and the 40th messenger for DD17.

Has anyone called the merchandise hotline to ask? Wonder if they would know or give out the info.

Well, I've heard so many rumors that have never come true on various boards, so I'm going to hold out until I begin to see bags stop coming, then I'll go on and panic. And I do like VB too, so if they come out, I'll buy those too. I don't have a shoe addiction, I have a purse addiction!!!! Or should I say, a Disney Purse addiction.... I drive my DH crazy shopping for exactly the right one every trip, so I'm waiting to buy the ones I want when we go on our trip in August, and if they are gone and VB is there, I'll buy one of those. But I am planning (or hoping) to get a 40th Ann. Kristin and the new cloth one with the stripes and embroidered Mickey on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter