• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dooney & Bourke Disney collaboration ~ part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am torn between the messenger bag and the bucket bag in the 40th anniversary print.

Can you guys help with the pros and cons.... I will be there in 50 days, and I am hoping for a 20% coupon and then I am heading straight for the bag, I just don't know which style would work better for me and was hoping some of you experts could help....

TIA....
Here are my pics of both styles as well as what I put in my disneyland 55th messenger.
DSC00661.jpg
DSC00621.jpg

I honestly thought once I received the bucket style bag I would give up the messenger but I like both for completely different reasons. As of now, I am keeping both 40th anniversary dooneys. :)
Bucket style:
*Has long straps and can be used over the shoulder
* Spacious interior, key holder attachment, inside zipper compartment

Messenger:
*Can be used over the shoulder or crossbody. I usually use it crossbody
* Outside pocket on back of purse. I store my cellphone there and car keys
*Inside space is smaller than the bucket style but I still manage to put in quite a bit.
*zipper compartment and another inside small pocket
*key holder attachment

Hello. I am new to this thread and haven't got a bag yet, but I really want a wristlet. Can someone please post a picture of one with something in it (credit cards, cell phone, keys, etc). I am trying to get a feel for how much will comfortably fit in it. I am looking at the sketch (so the flap wristlet), but if you happen to have the pouch-type one, I'd be interested in seeing that full too.

I am impatiently waiting for my barrel bag (the black one with the multiple mickey outlines and multi-color zipper) to ship. I ordered it from Disneystore.com on April 1 and I still haven't gotten a shipping notification.

Pic of my wristlet was couple of items inside.:) Hope this gives you an idea.
DSC00570.jpg
DSC00573.jpg

Here are my pics of both styles as well as what I put in my disneyland 55th messenger.
DSC00661.jpg
DSC00621.jpg

I honestly thought once I received the bucket style bag I would give up the messenger but I like both for completely different reasons. As of now, I am keeping both 40th anniversary dooneys. :)
Bucket style:
*Has long straps and can be used over the shoulder
* Spacious interior, key holder attachment, zipper compartment

Messenger:
*Can be used over the shoulder or crossbody. I usually use it crossbody
* Outside pocket on back of purse. I store my cellphone there and car keys
*Inside space is smaller than the bucket style but I still manage to put in quite a bit.
*zipper compartment and another inside small pocket
*key holder attachment

I am thinking that the Messenger would fit my life style better.... I am commuter on the trains and subway in DC to and from work so I like things I can wear, like a backpack and a crossbody purse. I used to have a small coach crossbdy and loved the style, but it was just too small to keep anything other than my phone and keys.

Thanks for the pictures and the descriptions.

Hello. I am new to this thread and haven't got a bag yet, but I really want a wristlet. Can someone please post a picture of one with something in it (credit cards, cell phone, keys, etc). I am trying to get a feel for how much will comfortably fit in it. I am looking at the sketch (so the flap wristlet), but if you happen to have the pouch-type one, I'd be interested in seeing that full too.

I don't have a photo, but I have the zipper wristlet (the brown tonal mickey style) and it will fit my cellphone (LG Rumor 2), my camera (a Canon SD 1200 Elph) and my KTTW, AP, TiW card and a $20. It's tight, but it still zips :thumbsup2

I don't have a photo, but I have the zipper wristlet (the brown tonal mickey style) and it will fit my cellphone (LG Rumor 2), my camera (a Canon SD 1200 Elph) and my KTTW, AP, TiW card and a $20. It's tight, but it still zips :thumbsup2

I have that one too but I can't fit my Iphone and I can't imagine trying to shove a camera in it. :confused3

Love it but it doesn't hold much.

I have that one too but I can't fit my Iphone and I can't imagine trying to shove a camera in it. :confused3

Love it but it doesn't hold much.

my camera is teeny weeny :goodvibes (3.5 inches by 2 1/4 inches by 3/4 inch).

ditto for my cell (about 4 inches by 2 inches by 1/2 inch).

Like I said, its tight, but it zips :goodvibes

For those that have sent bags back for refunds, how long did it take for the money to go back on your credit card? The post office confirmation said they received the package on Monday.

For those that have sent bags back for refunds, how long did it take for the money to go back on your credit card? The post office confirmation said they received the package on Monday.

I have not returned a bag, but I have returned other items and it takes a few days. Disney's online exchange process is awful-they credit you back and send the new item, and when your least expecting it they charge you for the item again. So, it's really a return IMO rather than an exchange. I know it's silly to complain about that but sometimes I use my Paypal and it screws up my account-I'm awful at remembering to keep money set aside for an item I returned a few weeks ago......

If no refund today, I would give them a call.

:wave2: Hi there Dooney fans! I just found this thread thanks to a question posted on the Budget Board. I currently own 3 Disney Dooney bags :lovestruc and am looking forward to adding a 4th when traveling to the World in exactly 26 days. :banana: I'm very pleased to make your acquaintance! :goodvibes

My barrel bag came last night. I love the size, it is just big enough to hold my camera, wallet, coupon book, pager, cell phone, keys, and a few little items but not so big I can stuff too much junk I don't really need in there. :banana::banana::banana:

I see some Dooney's on ebay with registration paperwork, but mine didn't come with any(and I bought it from disneystore.com). Should it have paperwork of some kind? Also, the Dooney label on the front is sewn on a little bit crooked (2 mm different between one side to the bottom of the bag and the other side to the bottom of the bag). Is that typical?

Thanks!

My barrel bag came last night. I love the size, it is just big enough to hold my camera, wallet, coupon book, pager, cell phone, keys, and a few little items but not so big I can stuff too much junk I don't really need in there. :banana::banana::banana:

I see some Dooney's on ebay with registration paperwork, but mine didn't come with any(and I bought it from disneystore.com). Should it have paperwork of some kind? Also, the Dooney label on the front is sewn on a little bit crooked (2 mm different between one side to the bottom of the bag and the other side to the bottom of the bag). Is that typical?

Thanks!
My earlier Disney Dooney's did not have registration cards, is yours the multi colored Wonder print?
And as for the the label, all of mine are straight, but I'm afraid the Disney Dooney's are starting to lack the quality. Is it bad enough you feel like you need to return it? For the price, the purse should be perfect, IMO.

:wave2: Hi there Dooney fans! I just found this thread thanks to a question posted on the Budget Board. I currently own 3 Disney Dooney bags :lovestruc and am looking forward to adding a 4th when traveling to the World in exactly 26 days. :banana: I'm very pleased to make your acquaintance! :goodvibes

:welcome:

You're in good company here.

Unfortunately I agree with DDory, the quality is not always what you'd expect given the prices of the bags. I haven't seen any crooked labels, but I'm still shaking my head over the sideways back panels on the DL55 messenger bags. Very disappointing IMO.

As for registration cards, I'm pretty sure none of the Wonder pattern bags came with them.

My earlier Disney Dooney's did not have registration cards, is yours the multi colored Wonder print?
And as for the the label, all of mine are straight, but I'm afraid the Disney Dooney's are starting to lack the quality. Is it bad enough you feel like you need to return it? For the price, the purse should be perfect, IMO.

It is a wonder bag. I think I'm probably the only one who notices it is crooked, but I know it is. I'm afraid to exchange it because I don't care for the giant grey mickey and he is in a not-prominent spot on this bag. If I exchange it, I'll probably find a giant one in the middle of the front or something :-( Resale value won't matter because I am going to use it daily and it won't be sold, it will be trashed when I am done with it.

My Wonder bag did come with a registration slip. It is the large tassel. It also has a number in the bottom of the bag. I got it last November.

Both my Wonder Tote and Wonder Wristlet came with registration cards :yay: I got them from Disney shopping last black Friday and absolutely love them :love: My blue sketch wristlet from TrenD in WDW came with the registration card too :dance3:

It is a wonder bag. I think I'm probably the only one who notices it is crooked, but I know it is. I'm afraid to exchange it because I don't care for the giant grey mickey and he is in a not-prominent spot on this bag. If I exchange it, I'll probably find a giant one in the middle of the front or something :-( Resale value won't matter because I am going to use it daily and it won't be sold, it will be trashed when I am done with it.

That would drive me nuts so I would return it. My first Disney D & B was a Mickey wonder barrel bag that I spent a long time picking out. It ended up having an issue three months after I bought it and they wanted me to send it back and I didn't want to chance getting another one that I didn't like. Yes, I am a bit nuts! I just spent my own money and had it repaired locally.

I do have two wonder bags now and neither one came with a registration. I asked D & B if I could register them and was told no. I have since bought bags that did come with registration cards. I don't really know their reason why??

I hope it works out for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter