• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dooney & Bourke Disney collaboration ~ part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
blondinkaya & TINK1975

I live in that area too and it wasn't me :goodvibes

I have ran into a few people with Disney Dooneys around here though - never alked to them about them. I do get a lot of comments from store clerks about my Disney Dream Satchel.

What area are we talking about? We're in GA too - near Ft Benning! I have seen one other person in town carrying a Disney dooney and 1 carrying a Harvey. I had to stop and talk to both of them - always nice to meet another Disney fan.

Welcome! There are many of us here who were never handbag people either, there really is no turning back now! We are enablers, so embrace the obsession:lmao:.

Thanks! Yes, it's quickly getting dangerous. I like my DCL Dooneys that I got this year on the Dream so much, I'm now dying to see what they come out with for the Fantasy next year.... extra motivation to take a cruise in the Inaugural year of the Fantasy!! Eeeek.

:sunny:

Hi, that wasn't me:rotfl: I would not have looked at you like you were nutzo:goodvibes-probably would have started talking about the bags:laughing: We just got back Sunday from WDW and had the best time. I have some pictures of displays I'll post later.

I have not been to that Kroger's yet. Usually, go to the one on Watson or Publix.

Downtown Disney had a decent selection at Trend but the other store(I can't recall the name right now but it's the BIG store) is sooooooo crowded that it's hard to look-at anything.

Should have some pictures up tonight-still washing clothes from trip. I hate clothes that you have to wash by themselves and remember to air dry. From now on we are getting a room with a washer/dryer!

Rachel

Welcome back, Rachel :cool1: We missed you and I am so glad you had a wonderful time :yay: I bet it was so marvelous to spend that time with your husband again :love: I can't wait to see your pictures but the important question is, did you buy any new Dooney's :laughing:

wow... I am late to the party, but I have been raving about the 40th anniversary purses and another DISer sent me over here.... I have not read everything yet but just wanted to say HI and :wave2:

Yes, I'll admit it, it's mine. I feel bad about what I started the bidding at, but I went according to what I paid for it (20% off), and then added the fees estimates that someone posted a while back and hopefully if I estimated everything right, I'll only net about $10 unless it goes for more than the starting bid. Oh, dang, I just realized I didn't factor in the tax I paid for it. There just went my $10 profit. I'm deathly afraid I will end up losing money on this and would have been better off sending it back to Disney. I do have a second Lucy so should things go well with this, I may put the other one up. I still have the Messenger too that I'm trying to decide on whether or not I want to put on eBay. I wasn't even going to bother with putting them on eBay, but someone said it might be worth it to someone who wants to see placement rather than ordering blindly from Disney.

Don't feel bad about what you started the bidding at. People have free will and can choose what they bid. And there are some people out there for whom money is no object. And, as long as you have no bids and are more than 24 hours from your auction ending, you can cancel it. You might even be able to change the starting bid now but I'm not sure about that. I would also get more specific in your listing about how each bag has unique placement (some may not know that). Might want to say the bag is only available via disneyshopping.com where you can't pick your placement. Play up the uniqueness and perfectness of this placement. Just some advice if you really want to sell it. I'd buy it if it had a castle on it!

Your placement on the Lucy bag on eBay is fabulous and that is why is stuck in my mind :yay: So what bags did you decide to keep?? Good luck with the auction pixiedust:

The only bag I kept was the 40th anniversary bucket bag. And can you believe I still haven't used it??? DD was over this weekend and I showed it to her and she knew I hadn't used it yet because it still has the plastic around the handles. She asked me why I haven't started using it and I said because once I do it won't be new anymore. Have you ever heard of anything so ridiculous???

I would be shocked if you don't get more than your asking price. That bag has AWESOME placement and I would be all over it if I didn't have one I'm happy with. The LUCY is one bag that is perfect for ebay since it isn't available at the parks yet. Don't forget to factor in your return shipping to Disney (if you haven't already) when your try to figure out your break even point. Good Luck!

I hope you're right because I'm quite terrified of losing money on this deal. Plus, I wouldn't mind putting the other one on eBay, but I'm going to wait until I have a bid on this one. The other Lucy I have doesn't have as nice of placement (my opinion), but I still think it's pretty nice. I pretty much like anything as long as the D&B label isn't smack dab in the middle of something.

wow... I am late to the party, but I have been raving about the 40th anniversary purses and another DISer sent me over here.... I have not read everything yet but just wanted to say HI and :wave2:

Welcome! I think I've seen some of your posts on the BC thread.

Welcome! I think I've seen some of your posts on the BC thread.

I have been over there a lot lately.... there is never enough time in the day to get done all the things I need to do, but I have to catch up on this one. Still more to read!

The only bag I kept was the 40th anniversary bucket bag. And can you believe I still haven't used it??? DD was over this weekend and I showed it to her and she knew I hadn't used it yet because it still has the plastic around the handles. She asked me why I haven't started using it and I said because once I do it won't be new anymore. Have you ever heard of anything so ridiculous???

Yes! I have a black coach like bag but it's embroidered Mickey icons instead of C's. It was only sold for awhile at one of the Grand Floridian shops and I bought it a couple of years ago. Anyway while spring cleaning my closet this past weekend I came across it and it still has the plastic on the handles. I put it in the "sell on ebay pile" but then I ended up putting it back on the shelf in the closet. So yes I know exactly what you mean by using it as it won't be new anymore.

Yes! I have a black coach like bag but it's embroidered Mickey icons instead of C's. It was only sold for awhile at one of the Grand Floridian shops and I bought it a couple of years ago. Anyway while spring cleaning my closet this past weekend I came across it and it still has the plastic on the handles. I put it in the "sell on ebay pile" but then I ended up putting it back on the shelf in the closet. So yes I know exactly what you mean by using it as it won't be new anymore.

My daughters bought that for me for Mother's Day the year it was out. I loved it and carried it everywhere. Sadly, they aren't built to last because after about a year the black vinyl trim along the bottom wore off and the little white plastic "wires" started sticking out. I think that was the catalyst for DH suggesting I get the first Disney Dooney since he knew how much I loved that black Mickey purse.

Please post if you do sell yours. I would love to have another one - will have to check ebay for those.

Do you think there will be a new design soon ???
going in sept and of course would love to have a new design to look forward to ;)

Welcome back, Rachel :cool1: We missed you and I am so glad you had a wonderful time :yay: I bet it was so marvelous to spend that time with your husband again :love: I can't wait to see your pictures but the important question is, did you buy any new Dooney's :laughing:

Hi:goodvibesHere are some pictures. We took over 1,000 pictures and some video so I have a lot to go through. I did get the sketch duffel(not sure of name but the BIG bag):lovestruc

Disney2011445.jpg
Disney2011607.jpg
Disney2011286.jpg
Disney2011285.jpg

Do you think there will be a new design soon ???
going in sept and of course would love to have a new design to look forward to ;)

Hopefully there will be something new. We go in October and I already bought the 40th anniversary print so I definitely will need a new pattern by then:cutie:

We should be pretty due for something new because I believe the 40th pattern came out on January 28th so it seems like it should be any time now pixiedust:

No, I don't use the leather tab every time. I like the fact that I can get in and out of it very easy and since it's tall, I'm not really concerned with the fact that it does not zip shut.

The only thing I'm not sure I like on the bucket is the fact that there is no zipper. Do you close the leather tab everytime?[/QUOTE]

Last night DBF walked in with this:

bag.jpg

And inside was a 55th Messenger Bag!

front.jpg

inside.jpg

He picked it out all by himself and did a pretty good job with placement, don't you think?

The only minor issue is that the back piece is sideways. I think someone else posted a picture of a bag like this.

back.jpg

DBF said they were all like this and he looked at 5 or 6 that they had out.

He had gone to World of Disney first but they only had 1 in a glass case and told him they would bring him one out from the back. But he knew what I wanted on the front so he went to check out Vault 28.

He said he was standing there with 6 bags on his arm looking each one over and the two guys working kept asking him if he needed help. His reply was , "Nope, I'm just looking for perfect placement." :rotfl:

It doesn't really bother me about the back because I like the front so much and no one will see the back anyway but I'm surprised that Disney (or Dooney) allows is considering how expensive the bags are. :confused3

After I got over the excitment I realized that he doesn't have an AP and I started thinking that he paid full price. I asked him and he said that he called his cousin who is a CM and had her use her discount (35%) so a $255 plus tax bag only cost him $180 out the door.

Then he starts telling me about the Princess pattern and tells me how much he thinks I would like it and that I should get one like that next. :rotfl: This coming from a guy who is constantly telling me I have too many purses. :lmao: I think I've finally converted him to a Disney lover! :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter