Don't wait!

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by MrStayPuft, Dec 7, 2012.

1. tiki23

tiki23 <font color=darkorchid>Able to leap a double strol

There are somethings that I feel are justified as complaints for which I will want restitution - shoddy products and bad food, for instance.

But for most things, I tend not to think of them as complaints but rather as constructive criticism. If it was my establishment, I would want to know about the situation so I could rectify it.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. larryz

larryz A few of my favorite turrets... DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Thanks for posting. If Disney put this advice on the free maps they hand out, there'd be a lot fewer complaints on this board.

4. shalom

shalom DIS Veteran

Ditto. And I think some people have a legitimate complaint, but don't articulate it well -- late or poorly prepared food may be the fault of the kitchen staff, but some people get so testy about that they end up complaining about a much more minor fault with the wait staff, and only mentioning the real problem if you pursue it a bit.

Although I think some company policies attract the scammers more than others. My brother did some repair work for a place with a "no questions asked" return policy for a year or so, and he was regularly repairing things the store didn't even sell. Some people would buy "a piece of junk" somewhere else, then, when it broke, trade it in at this place for something that would work. :sad2:

So my guess is that, since Disney has such a "the customer is always right" attitude, they may get more false reports than some other places.

Still don't believe, even with places like that, that 99% of all complaints are false, though!

True. But there are some problems that could be easily resolved if a customer just brought it to the attention of someone with the responsibility to do something about it. Maids can miss a lot of little problems (that may be big problems to certain customers) in hotel rooms, for instance, and, unless there's a very regular inspection program (which Disney does not seem to have), the only way management will know about it is if someone complains.