Don't wait!

There are somethings that I feel are justified as complaints for which I will want restitution - shoddy products and bad food, for instance.

But for most things, I tend not to think of them as complaints but rather as constructive criticism. If it was my establishment, I would want to know about the situation so I could rectify it.

I've read through several threads where posters make a comment and then say "I would've mentioned it but..." As a CM, my biggest piece of advice is...DON'T WAIT! If there is a problem, bad pretzel, smelly area, rude CM - find a manager and tell them. It WILL get rectified because chances are someone else has the same problem. While we try and do everything to make your visits as magical as possible, WDW is still run by human beings and sometimes stuff slips through the cracks. Please tell us so we can correct it as soon as possible.

Thanks for posting. If Disney put this advice on the free maps they hand out, there'd be a lot fewer complaints on this board.

The complaints are often not as monumental as the guest believes they are, but that doesn't mean that they're a lie or an attempt to milk the company. The vast number are misunderstandings -- either the guest not understanding a rule, policy or announcement or an employee not understanding what the guest is asking for.

Ditto. And I think some people have a legitimate complaint, but don't articulate it well -- late or poorly prepared food may be the fault of the kitchen staff, but some people get so testy about that they end up complaining about a much more minor fault with the wait staff, and only mentioning the real problem if you pursue it a bit.

Although I think some company policies attract the scammers more than others. My brother did some repair work for a place with a "no questions asked" return policy for a year or so, and he was regularly repairing things the store didn't even sell. Some people would buy "a piece of junk" somewhere else, then, when it broke, trade it in at this place for something that would work. :sad2:

So my guess is that, since Disney has such a "the customer is always right" attitude, they may get more false reports than some other places.

Still don't believe, even with places like that, that 99% of all complaints are false, though!

Unfortunately, sometimes it's less frustrating to just keep your mouth shut and not patronize the establishment in the future.

True. But there are some problems that could be easily resolved if a customer just brought it to the attention of someone with the responsibility to do something about it. Maids can miss a lot of little problems (that may be big problems to certain customers) in hotel rooms, for instance, and, unless there's a very regular inspection program (which Disney does not seem to have), the only way management will know about it is if someone complains.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter