dont understand gate entrance fee??

pooka16

Earning My Ears
some of the limo companies charge a gate fee for going to the mk resorts. I thought resort guest did not have to pay any parking charges...?? If I mistaken about that, then dont AP holders get fees waived??

Thanks

Philip

pooka16 said:
some of the limo companies charge a gate fee for going to the mk resorts. I thought resort guest did not have to pay any parking charges...?? If I mistaken about that, then dont AP holders get fees waived??

Thanks

Philip

No wonder some of them are worried about ME.

If one of them popped that surprise on me, my comment would be "now carefully pay attention because I'm going to tell you had to get there without going thru the gates." I think that would end that charge real fast!! Or if he was looking for a tip just say I gave it to you at the gate.

It is my understanding that Disney charges the car companies a fee to pass through their gates..... the car companies are simply passing on the fee.

Duds

pooka16 said:
My understanding is that Walt Disney World charges a $9.00 gate entrance fee per roundtrip to towncar/limo companies when the towncar or limo goes to Magic Kingdom resorts -- Grand Floridian, Contemporary, Polynesian, Fort Wilderness, Wilderness Lodge, or Shades Of Green. There is no gate entrance fee for other WDW resorts.

It doesn't matter that a guest is checking in, and would be entitled to free parking if the guest were driving.

It doesn't matter if the guest is an AP holder.

It doesn't matter if the towncar driver is an AP holder.

It doesn't matter if the the towncar driver has already paid the fee earlier in the day while transporting different guests.

Sure, it seems unfair. But Disney looks for every opportunity to make some extra money. It's not a parking fee. It's a "Disney tax" on towncar/limo services (and thus on their passengers).

manning said:
If one of them popped that surprise on me, my comment would be "now carefully pay attention because I'm going to tell you had to get there without going thru the gates." I think that would end that charge real fast!! Or if he was looking for a tip just say I gave it to you at the gate.
Are you really going to withhold a driver's tip just because Disney imposes a ridiculous fee on towncar/limo services?

The above post is correct - the livery companies pay a fee for access to the MK resorts. If you save your receipt and present it to the front desk when you check in they will reimburse you the fee.

So you do need to pay the driver - but the resorts will reimburse you if you are a resort guest.

HTH
TJ

Horace--I've read the fee is only charged once per day. That's one of the reasons some of the companies are able to absorb the fee, it's spread out over several guests.

The companies that pass on the fee disclose it on their website. Some towncar companies just charge more for guests going to the MK resorts without giving the reason. I guess most guests just assume it's because the MK resorts are a longer distance. Manning it really isn't fair to withhold a tip just because you didn't read the fine print. Some limo companies also pass on the tolls and others absorb them.

The lower the published fare the more likely it is that you'll find hidden charges.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter