Don't Stay at All-Star Movies

Forget bugs, Toilet paper would be the deal-breaker! Single ply cardboard at Values vs. 4ply quilted at Deluxe .... :rotfl2: :lmao:

We' re staying at ASMo in August and from reading all of the posts about it ...I think I will have a good time regardless! Go there with a negative attitude and you'll have a stinky time. Look at the Positives....and your trip will be that much better!

This trip was for our kids. We've stayed at WL, AKL and all of the AS resorts. We LOVED the deluxes but since this trip was a "bonus" we need to keep it low budget and so we chose Movies since it's 'true' Disney in theme/style - the kid will love it!

They could care less about the room size - to them, it's just a place to sleep. They won't care what the towels feel like - if it dries them off from the pool it's fine (but I will be packing each of us a beach towel and plan on doing a load of laundry while there!). And to a kid...they don't care what made the juice box cold so no firdge in the room is no big deal. We will bring a cooler and fill it with ice each day/night. Bugs? Daddy's giant shoe and some bug spray will do the trick.

They'll see giant Disney Characters from their fav movies and be overflowing with excitement!

The value resorts are what YOU make of them.

Great attitude. We almost always stay value and have not had any real problems. If you go in with a negative attitude you probably are not going to have a good time. :goodvibes

We' re staying at ASMo in August and from reading all of the posts about it ...I think I will have a good time regardless! Go there with a negative attitude and you'll have a stinky time. Look at the Positives....and your trip will be that much better!

This trip was for our kids. We've stayed at WL, AKL and all of the AS resorts. We LOVED the deluxes but since this trip was a "bonus" we need to keep it low budget and so we chose Movies since it's 'true' Disney in theme/style - the kid will love it!

They could care less about the room size - to them, it's just a place to sleep. They won't care what the towels feel like - if it dries them off from the pool it's fine (but I will be packing each of us a beach towel and plan on doing a load of laundry while there!). And to a kid...they don't care what made the juice box cold so no firdge in the room is no big deal. We will bring a cooler and fill it with ice each day/night. Bugs? Daddy's giant shoe and some bug spray will do the trick.

They'll see giant Disney Characters from their fav movies and be overflowing with excitement!

The value resorts are what YOU make of them.

Great to see your positive outlook - please post your impressions of the hotel when you return so we can see if you still feel the same way!:thumbsup2

I wasn't thrilled with the fact that people were roaming around the restaurant at all hours of the night. I contacted the front desk and they seemed to know about it and not seem concerned.
Dont ever call them. DH and I stayed in another hotel in Florida for a short stay, we were starving and called some numbers on a few of the fliers. Not one answered and they all sounded as if they were cell phone answering machines. Later on that night, my husbands cell phone started ringing. It was somebody calling us back asking us if we wanted food! When he told them no, that was hours ago, they kept calling back! We told the front desk and they told us NOT to call any of those numbers and if we want food to only call recognizable names (papa johns etc...). They said they have a very hard time keeping these people out.
We are convinced that some if not all of these "delivery" places are really just people looking for credit card numbers from unsuspecting hungry tourists that are more than willing to use their credit card to get a bite to eat.

PS: I know didnt quote this the right way!

We stayed once at All Star Movies years ago when my DS was small and thought he would enjoy the theming. From what I remember it was very nicely themed,clean and no problems.

I was always a moderate girl (couldnt see spending all that money for a deluxe when all were going to do is sleep there) except twice when we splurged for the contemporary.

My DH really liked the way POP looked on all the websites he would look at and finaly talked me into staying there last year. Well we loved it, the only difference we saw was the room is a little smaller then mods and you have to pay for a fridge.

We are going back in September and again are staying at POP, we are really looking forward to it, no bus sharing at this value, and we found it to be very clean, all cms very friendly, We love CBR and POR also but have problems there as well.

To me its like luck of the draw, if you get a good mousekeeper, and as far as bugs go, we do have a lot of them in Fl. I always laugh when I describe them to my family up north, explaining they are something out of Jurasic Park. :lmao:

I had a horrible trip there last year too. My DD picked it based on the 101 Dalmation theming. I experienced the same room conditions and horrible service from the management staff. I will not go back even if it was a free visit.

Right there with you. We have always stayed at AS Movies, beginning the year they opened. Last September there were holes in the wall, forever dripping spigot, the bussing was HORRIBLE...we waited over an hour one morning for a bus to go to DTD (that was when they were implimenting the new bussing system), and a musty smell in the room.

Needless to say, nothing much as said when I spoke to the manager so this year we are trying POP.

I really can't wait until they refurbish AS MOVIES as it definitely as cute resort for children.

We never had any problems at ASMo as a matter of fact I prefer it over POP. It was super clean when we stayed there and we waited less time for busses there then we did at POP. The only reason we haven't stayed there again is because my kids want the Dalmation or Toy Story building and they charge extra for those and I don't want to pay it.

Okay, are we talking about bugs in the rooms or bugs on the groung outside? we are staying next week in the Love Bug #7 on the 3rd floor.

Okay, are we talking about bugs in the rooms or bugs on the groung outside? we are staying next week in the Love Bug #7 on the 3rd floor.

OP has never responed back so we don't really know what the bug thing was about. We assume they meant bugs outside. :confused3

We've been there twice for 1 night each prior to moving to AKL and didn't have a problem with the resort. It was as clean as our room at AKL. The towels were not too thin (is this really a gripe?) and there were sufficient towels for our party. When we stayed there the last time in '08 the entire building had been repainted and the room itself smelt as if it had been painted recently. Everything was nearly brand new for the exception of the 20" Sony tv. The floors were well vaccumed and didnt' really find any traces of dust...nor were there any signs of mold in the bathroom.

Sorry you had a bad experience, but at least you have lots of choices on other places to stay.

We're going too:banana::cool1:! See you there the 12th to the 20th for us. I'll be the one sulking around the pool hiding from my 'loving' family:laughing:. Can't miss us! Two boys who run wild and don't listen, and one who will follow their lead, all under the age of 6:headache:. I can hardly wait:rolleyes1.

We have only ever been to the Values, each time the room was immaculate. I never had a bad experience. As far as the towels, I have just thought they were standard hotel issue as I have stayed in high end hotels and the towels were no different. Bugs in Florida, we that is pretty standard as long as they stay outside, I can deal.

I hope the poster will come back and answer some questions.

I am sorry the poster was disappointed and feels concerns were not addressed in a satisfactory manner. I suppose if I had ever stayed in a deluxe, I might have had a more critical eye too :confused3. I think in the overall scheme of things we do have to expect that Disney has a schedule of when things are refurbished and in time the new items will look worn, people in and out every day of the year will make that happen very fast. I also can imagine that keeping up with the rust in Florida is a daunting task by itself, so I would be willing to overlook the rust as long as my room is clean.

Again, sorry poster that your visit to the All Stars was not what you had expected.

For those worried, I would not worry, I think by in large most feel that they have had a good experience in the values or we would simply either stay off site, or upgrade to the moderates or even deluxe, even if that meant shorter or less trips to WDW.

Hope everyone enjoys their future stays at WDW.

When I go to Disney I only stayed at Movies once. It was because they stop at every resort before it and when you wait for the bus it doesn't come like the others....it feels like you wait a lifetime for it. Now I stay at Pop Century which is the best :). Im sorry that your trip had to start like that.:sad1:

we stayed there 3 years ago - thought it would be fun for our dd who was 8 months old seeing all those big characters

we had mold problems, our room wasn't vaccumed once (we stayed 10 days) garbage was left for 2 or 3 days, supplies of shampoo was never replaced.

we complained and received VIP cleaning for the mold and vaccuming but by the end of our trip i was on the phone again.

we stayed at POP and loved it but would never go back to movies

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter