DON'T Read This TRIP REPORT If You're a Princess Hater!

Yay! "You" made it through the 1st day. Did he like it then? I am so glad he got his license too, that wil ltake some pressure off of you.

LOL! Yes, I was just as worried about ME making it through the first day as I was about HIM making it through!

It was OK. I'm not sure "like" is the word to use with anything school related. But he tolerated it pretty well, and I think he'll like it more than high school. But then that's not setting the bar very high........ ;) But secretly I'm hoping that he will indeed turn out to LIKE it. I know a lot of kids who hate high school feel better suited to college.

I have a few more days of driving down with him to make sure parking is not an issue, then I'll turn him loose. Once we get a couple weeks under the belt, I'll really start to feel relieved. But then that puts us one car short again, so I'll be running back and forth to pick Timmy up from school every day. But after the big jump in our insurance recently, I can safely say that we aren't even remotely close to considering another car!

Well, we all survived Robbie's first day of college! :dance3: We drove him down this morning. We have made that drive with him in the driver's seat more times now than I can count, but we just didn't know how the parking would be with classes in session. YIKES! We got what we thought was the only open spot in the parking lot. I know he's not ready for parallel parking on the residential streets yet, so that has been a big concern. Fortunately we scoped out one other lot nearby that the students hadn't found yet. So all looks optimistic on the parking front.

So Drew brought me home and we left Robbie with the car and he drove himself home. I'm not sure if I have any fingernails left, but we all came through the day safe and sound.

One day at a time, right????? I think by Monday he'll probably be driving himself down and back every day.

So definitely a RED LETTER day here! :banana::banana::banana:

Congrats to both of you for making it through the day! I'll send some letters along to ya...YAY!

Tomorrow I pack my truck with Sam's plethra of college items and Friday( 7am), trek and hour and 30 minutes to get her all moved in.

Congrats to both of you for making it through the day! I'll send some letters along to ya...YAY!

Tomorrow I pack my truck with Sam's plethra of college items and Friday( 7am), trek and hour and 30 minutes to get her all moved in.

Thanks Carey!

So I guess this means I get to pass the baton to you now?

I did feel for all the parents at orientation this weekend who were moving their kids into the dorm. Our issues with commuting were complicated and difficult, and I was a little envious that they weren't putting their kids on the city roads to and from school every day, but I didn't envy their tears.

Hang in there. Disney's just around the corner! :dance3:

Yay for making it through the first day of college!

Him? Or me? :rotfl2:

The college part turned out not to be a big deal at all. It's a very small campus and all of his classes were in the same building! Heck, it was easier for him to find his classes than in high school.

But that whole commuting thing. Hair raising you know......... :scared1: We've certainly come a long way since graduation in May.

Thanks Stephanie! I just clicked on the link to your TR and see you're 14. KUDOS to you for taking on a voluntary writing assignment in the form of a trip report! My boys are 16 and 18 and NO WAY would they do something like that. My oldest had his first college English class today and I just finished "the talk" about how writing is one of the most important skills he needs to learn up front, since he will use that skill for papers in all the rest of his classes. I further explained that in college, most of my finals were ALL essay writing..... one question........ fill a blue book....... or two..... Anyone know if they still do blue book exams????? It's been a while here!

You're very welcome. :goodvibes Thanks! I read a few different ones before I started mine, and it seemed fun to share all of our trip experiences with fellow DIS-er's. I love writing. All of my teachers say I'm very good at it. In my trip report I don't write that proper, but when I'm writing essays for school I'm 101% into it! ;) I'm glad to hear your son (and you!) survived the first day. I'm sure he'll do great in all his classes. :)

Janet, did you see that free dining dates have changed now for some reason. If I remember right you have a room only on your first night. It now starts on Dec 10th...so I've been told.

edit: I did double check on the TA sight and it is true.

You're very welcome. :goodvibes Thanks! I read a few different ones before I started mine, and it seemed fun to share all of our trip experiences with fellow DIS-er's. I love writing. All of my teachers say I'm very good at it. In my trip report I don't write that proper, but when I'm writing essays for school I'm 101% into it! ;) I'm glad to hear your son (and you!) survived the first day. I'm sure he'll do great in all his classes. :)

Many thanks! :goodvibes

Janet, did you see that free dining dates have changed now for some reason. If I remember right you have a room only on your first night. It now starts on Dec 10th...so I've been told.

edit: I did double check on the TA sight and it is true.

Can you believe I never even heard that? I'm definitely checking on it in the morning. Of course, we're actually considering adding one more day onto the beginning, but even one more day would really help. Thanks for the heads up!

Thanks! On BOTH counts!

OK, before I get running all over town again today.......... I'll update my list of trip favorites..........

Here's Katie's:

6. Plane Crackers
5. Riding Space Mountain and Everest
4. Playing the instruments at the cart in AK while I checked in for Tusker House

and number 3......................

The tube of candy she got at MVMCP they wouldn't let us pay for while waiting for Snow White to show up! :rotfl:

And here's mine:

6. Seeing Katie in her Red Belle at the Chrismtas party
5. Riding thrill rides with Katie
4. Our very own personal Fairy Godmother!

And my number 3....................

Pick a Pearl! :yay:

JEN:

You are my NEW BEST FRIEND! :lovestruc

I'm on the phone right now changing my check in date for free dining to the 10th! WOO HOO!!!

We had just been talking over whether Drew was coming for part of the trip and decided the only way to make this happen was to come in one day earlier on the 9th and have TWO room only nights. Now, I was OK with all that except for all that chatter about them maybe not letting people pick up package tickets early any more. If we came in 2 days early, then not getting them early became a BIG problem. We're now coming in 1 day earlier, but room only on the 9th we won't even need tickets that night.

So............ WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Jen! I only need 107 dancing bananas! :banana::banana::banana:

OK, so I'll hold off on the other 104..........

Congrats on surviving the "college transition"!!! I love your lists of favorites! I'm not sure I could narrow down my favorites enough...

Congrats on surviving the "college transition"!!! I love your lists of favorites! I'm not sure I could narrow down my favorites enough...

Thanks Steph! The college transition was one thing. It's that driving transition that's turning me gray (ok..... grayER)! :rotfl:

We also like to jot down a list of the new things we did on each trip. With Jack being so young, it would be great to accumulate lists over time and watch how they change. Of course at that age, you might have to "help" with the list a little. They funny part is when they come up with the little things that made an impression on them. Like finding a quarter on the ground.... or a free tube of candy or something! :rotfl:

JEN:

You are my NEW BEST FRIEND! :lovestruc

I'm on the phone right now changing my check in date for free dining to the 10th! WOO HOO!!!

We had just been talking over whether Drew was coming for part of the trip and decided the only way to make this happen was to come in one day earlier on the 9th and have TWO room only nights. Now, I was OK with all that except for all that chatter about them maybe not letting people pick up package tickets early any more. If we came in 2 days early, then not getting them early became a BIG problem. We're now coming in 1 day earlier, but room only on the 9th we won't even need tickets that night.

So............ WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Jen! I only need 107 dancing bananas! :banana::banana::banana:

OK, so I'll hold off on the other 104..........

what do you mean "new" best friend...I thought I was one already! :lmao:
Glad to help. So is Drew doing the dining plan too then? And is he leaving early, which would mean a few more dining credits for you and Katie? If you have ADR's for 2, I wouldn't worry too much about changing them to 3. I think most places will accomodate you. ( I think most places have 4 top tables as the smallest table) We didn't have a problem adding my Dad.
I'm so excited for you!

what do you mean "new" best friend...I thought I was one already! :lmao:
Glad to help. So is Drew doing the dining plan too then? And is he leaving early, which would mean a few more dining credits for you and Katie? If you have ADR's for 2, I wouldn't worry too much about changing them to 3. I think most places will accomodate you. ( I think most places have 4 top tables as the smallest table) We didn't have a problem adding my Dad.
I'm so excited for you!

Uhhhh...... I mean new new "better than best" friend! Yeah.... THAT's it! :thumbsup2

I am SO messed up on all my dining reservations with various changes. I have to sit down and sort through everything. I have a handful of double reservations that I need to cancel. I guess I'm giving up on Univeral for WWoHP. But there's always next time, right???? I mean, it's not going anywhere! :rotfl:

We're going to squeeze in as much dining while Drew is there, and then will just use up the rest of his credits when he leaves. I love that adding the 10th means we will have more credits and not have to pay out of pocket that day!

So here's the plan (you know....... subject to change as always!)

Friday 12/9:
Arrive MCO 3:15
Dinner at Chef Mickey (pay OOP)

Saturday 12/10:
AM EHM rope drop at DHS
Sci Fi dinner 5:30
Stay through to see Osborne lights during Fantasmic

Sunday 12/11:
8 AM Crystal Palace
leave mid-day
return for 4 PM CRT
stay for MVMCP

Monday 12/12: Epcot
11 AM Akershus
6PM Teppan Edo

Tuesday 12/13:
Drew leaves (he teaches a class on Tuesday nights)
Katie and I do AK
Tusker House 8 AM

Wednesday 12/14:
DHS
Katie and I do the girly stuff Drew doesn't want to do (BATB, VOTLM, Characterpalooza)

Thursday 12/15:
MK EMH
1900PF Breakfast 11ish
back to MK until 4 or so
return to the resort where Katie's best friend and her mom will be meeting us (and staying with us for 2 days before their family vacation)
Plans this night are iffy. We wanted to do Chef Mickey together, but I think I have to see Wishes/MSEP this night.

Friday 12/16:
8 AM BBB for the 2 girls
Crystal Palace for lunch
CRT with the the girls for dinner at 4
MVMCP with the girls! :banana:

Saturday 12/17:
More time in the MK with the girls
1900 PF with the girls at 7:30. Katie's friend will wear her Drizella costume from last year. Katie will wear the new matching Anastasia I made earlier this summer.

Sunday 12/18
Departure day
We have half a park day left. We might head back to the MK since it's our traditional last stop. This is flexible for us though. We have a lot of MK days planned, but not a ton of time with just the 2 of us, so I'm thinking that's where we'll end up this day.

I have to do the math and might add a couple more ADR's along the way. But I have most of the hard ones pinned down. I hate paying oop for CRT, but will probably use credits for the one with Drew, but pay oop when we go with our girlfriends.

You have NO idea how many versions this trip has had so far. It's been a MESS of revised ADR's. I'm still looking for a Chef Mickey on Saturday late breakfast or early dinner so we can ditch the Thursday night one. There is absolutely nothing available that day right now ..... for any party size of 4 or more.

I have to say that with all the "grown-up" college and driving worries going on..... it has been a real treat to sit down and think Disney again for a bit!

Sounds like great plans so far!!! Hopefully you don't have to worry about any more changes! I know what you mean, when I am at work and all stressed out, I start thinking about my vacation. It helps me chill out :goodvibes

:cool1: Don't you love it when a plan comes together!

Well I THOUGHT they had all come together..... As soon as I put that down in writing, my husband now is wondering whether we should come in one night sooner. Hmmmmmm.......... that would be a PITA to change stuff yet AGAIN........ but........ for another night at Disney? What the heck........

I'm back to being a little nervous about that early ticket pick-up though. Back to nail-biting time again I guess!

Sounds like great plans so far!!! Hopefully you don't have to worry about any more changes! I know what you mean, when I am at work and all stressed out, I start thinking about my vacation. It helps me chill out :goodvibes

It really has been great to have my focus on something fun again!

Hey JEN!

Where did you get your tie dye Mickey shirts? I'm thinking it would be fun to get some for the 3 of us. You know how men love wearing matchy matchy stuff!

Hi!

i was there too on December from the 10 to the 15 i was at the All star Movies, we also have trouble with our keys and they give us 1 free ticket for each one, i was there with my husband and sister and a friend,..it was so cold i remember the pain in the face from the cold wind, but still a great trip to remember...

i absolutely loved your daughter costumes W O W !! when i have a daughter i would definitely try to do the same...

i hope you post a summary of all your daughters costumes LOVED IT

(hope my English is not too bad, i´m from Mexico so my native language is Spanish ;) )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter