Don't Post Here!!! New 2013 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ Started

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were 6 hangers plus 2 holding robes in my room in July.

Yes, you can ask housekeeping for additional hangers.

I always ask for more hangers and they always bring them for me

I asked for Housekeeping to bring up an additional 18 hangers, which they did with out blinking an eyelash. I forgot to ask for Johnny Depp to bring them up to the room so let that be a lesson to the rest of you.....

~NM

Thanks so much for the quick response. I will definitely be requesting Johnny to bring me the extra hangers....but dressed as Capt Jack Sparrow of course!!!

Inspired by Harry Potter. There are several different recipes on pinterest for it.

DH has made it with my girls...its like a gallon of sugar mixed with a pound of butter...if you like that sort of thing ick :snooty:

We are getting very close...today is the last day I have to schlep my dancer to The Woo for Dance Camp at BAW (its ok though, she's having a wonderful time :goodvibes)...then 5 more sleeps and we head out. Time to start packing...for real!!!:cheer2:

I have started a Live TR...linky is in my siggy :thumbsup2

Confession: I am getting concerned with all of the poor/bad reviews of CL and YC/BC! Trying hard to be a blank slate!!!

pages 175-179

You can add us to the BOG list. We are heading down 8/15-8/24. Our first night will be at CSR and then we will switch to YC for 8 nights. Can't wait!!

Excellent!

:welcome:

I will add you to the list.

:cool1:

Hi Guys, I am coming out of "lurkdom" to ask a question and please forgive me if the answer has been given. I am checking into the BC on August 24th and staying until September 2nd I was wondering if there has been any word on the refrigerator situation, have they been taken out yet?

Looking forward to our 5th stay at the BC!!
Thanks!

:welcome: and thanks for delurking!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:woohoo:

We believe the fridges have all been replaced or darn close!

To those checking in during the next week or so: Plesae let us know if you do NOT have a working fridge? Thanks!

Thank you!!! We are very excited about the yacht club. We will be staying from Weds 8/14 until weds 8/21. We have our restaurant ressies, magic bands and fast pass plus in place. Our reservation is sort of odd. We have a garden view the first night because that was all that was available ad then have a standard room for the remaining days. Hoping to stay put once we check in. Any tips for a first time visitor?
:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

No secret tips. I think pretty much everything we know appears on the first page of this thread. If you haven't looked over the YC post, FAQ (Post 13) and other Useful Info (Post 14), it is probably worth a look.

:goodvibes

Hello dis friends!!!! I love this board! I have learnt so much and am so excited b/c we will be at the yacht club in 10days!!!!! Can you please add me to the list? Aug 19/29. So, I have requested connecting rooms for my myself and my mom but that was the only request I could get on the online checkin. I don't want a ground floor so should I call or just wait until we get there? See you all there....

Hello dis friends!!!! I love this board! I have learnt so much and am so excited b/c we will be at the yacht club in 10days!!!!! Can you please add me to the list? Aug 19/29. So, I have requested connecting rooms for my myself and my mom but that was the only request I could get on the online checkin. I don't want a ground floor so should I call or just wait until we get there? See you all there....

Glad to add you to the list!

:cool1:

I think you should call and add that you do not want a ground floor on your reservation.

"Connecting Rooms, not first floor please"

What is a butter beer??? That is a new one to me??

It's over at Islands of Adventure in the Harry Potter themed area...really good! We found ourselves getting it each day in that August heat!! I've heard there are many recipes out there, though I'm not sure any are authentic though. My family loved the frozen version!

Kerry

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My DS and DD both recommend the Lefou's Brew over at NFL. Veeeeerrrryyy sweet

We had Grey Stuff at BOG

Slept in today since we closed MK at midnight. Sigh

Epcot today, Rose n Crown for dinner. Last full day today

I asked for Housekeeping to bring up an additional 18 hangers, which they did with out blinking an eyelash. I forgot to ask for Johnny Depp to bring them up to the room so let that be a lesson to the rest of you.....

~NM

:rotfl2::rotfl2: Must remember that helpful tip

How you feeling tonight Couchy?

Doing ok. Sore sometimes but I am feeling much better than I was earlier in the week. Cuts and scrapes and bruises are healing and I don't look like I lost a fight with a gorilla:rotfl: I start coaching my high school soccer team on the 19th so I need to heal quickly

We have 11 hangers including some with the spring clips

And we bought some BC merch. Including a key chain and mug

I haven't heard any reports of the new RFID mugs appearing at YC/BC yet. Are they being used at any of the other resorts yet?

:)

I'm not sure about the other resorts. I read something about the mugs in general back in July on a blog post, but was unsure when they'd show up. We left the last set of the current design behind in our room in January because we already had a bunch. With five of us, they pile up quickly! You can tell the trip is close because I'm obsessing over tiny details now that all the packing and paperwork is squared away. Can't wait for our first time at YC! Thanks for answering my question. :)

My DS and DD both recommend the Lefou's Brew over at NFL. Veeeeerrrryyy sweet

We had Grey Stuff at BOG

Slept in today since we closed MK at midnight. Sigh

Epcot today, Rose n Crown for dinner. Last full day today

Oh no, that has flown over fast!

Wow you girls are in full chat mode, turned away to apply to a college and review my job searching and the pages just flew away! Well at least it's helping to reduce the schedule for the next few days of plans we need to do before we leave our home. The money arrived this morning (blush) I just live the smell of new freshly printed bank notes it makes me very happy to know that we will soon be on our way when I have those bills in my hands, sad I know. All my laundry is done ready to be packed into cases, all my info in one place to make everything simple at the airports. Toiletries organised too just need to add emergency bank numbers to my mobile phone, rang them already to let them know we will be out of the UK for a while they have our dates of travel just in case. Gave my DMIL birthday cards to post to my DSIL while we are away so that's organised, I'm very lucky I love her to bits she has always been there for us when we needed her and we know she adores both her grandsons equally. Gotta go ...

OK so we will be at F& W together so we will have to meet up for sure then. When are your Christmas dates. DH and I are seriously considering it since I have 2 weeks off this year and he has 1 week off so no vacation time needed:banana::banana:

So happy to hear you are feeling better!!

Christmas dates are 12.4-12.8 at SSR. I expect this trip to be F.U.N. !! My travel buddy is a character for sure so I think the two of us will have a blast!

Did online check in last night for the upcoming BCV trip with DH... should be fun!

I'm looking forward mostly to the 10.30-11.4 trip because of food and wine. IPO has the dates for the things I want to do PLUS I'm doing the Dolphin Experience this time at EPCOT I CAN'T WAIT FOR THAT :cool1::cool1: I printed out the menus for the Food and Wine booths and marked the ones I wanted to be sure to hit (highlighting the food and wines I want to try)! Food and Wine is ALWAYS a good time can't wait!!

~N

We don't really know that much either, other than:

The BC will undergo room renovations starting next year. Probably January, but could be later.

Concierge Lounge will be renovated and expanded first, with the CL moving to the Presidential suite while work is going on.

Rooms on 5th floor will be worked on next, then each floor will be worked on.

YC will probably be worked on after the BC work is done, but we don't have a time table.

I doubt the work at the YC will start by June 2014, but I really don't know.

Thanks. I guess for now we'll keep planning for YC until we learn more.

DH has made it with my girls...its like a gallon of sugar mixed with a pound of butter...if you like that sort of thing ick :snooty:

We are getting very close...today is the last day I have to schlep my dancer to The Woo for Dance Camp at BAW (its ok though, she's having a wonderful time :goodvibes)...then 5 more sleeps and we head out. Time to start packing...for real!!!:cheer2:

I have started a Live TR...linky is in my siggy :thumbsup2

Confession: I am getting concerned with all of the poor/bad reviews of CL and YC/BC! Trying hard to be a blank slate!!!

Don't be concerned at all! We stayed CL at BC three weeks ago and had a wonderful time! Fabulous room, loved the CL CM's and having access to the lounge. I miss the oatmeal for breakfast, chips in the afternoon and my Sam Adams in the evening (ok ok, and some in the afternoon). Our three kids are still taking about the lounge about how much they want to stay on that floor again. :)

11 days...OMG..I can't wait!! IT's come so fast now! we came down this week to my family to stay for just over a week before we leave and grab my 15 year old sister to come with us :) She is sooo excited as well. She has never been! Soon we will be in SAB and strolling the parks! :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

Don't be concerned at all! We stayed CL at BC three weeks ago and had a wonderful time! Fabulous room, loved the CL CM's and having access to the lounge. I miss the oatmeal for breakfast, chips in the afternoon and my Sam Adams in the evening (ok ok, and some in the afternoon). Our three kids are still taking about the lounge about how much they want to stay on that floor again. :)

thank you, catho72. i just read those bad reviews, too, about five minutes ago, and was concerned. i guess i just need to prepare myself that BC club level is going to more closely resemble poly CL than the GF CL... and that's fine, i just need to mentally prepare for that.

we are booked standard view CL...i was going to request close to lounge when i do online check in. can anyone tell me if there is anything else i ought to be requesting? do all the CL rooms have some sort of balcony?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter