Don't Post Here!!! New 2013 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ Started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an FYI ,
As of last week, the laundry room was still in sad shape. 2 working washers, and I think about 4 dryers. The rest were still broken. I have never seen people take other peoples clothes out of machines faster than I did last week. There were people actually staring at the machines waiting for "their turn", lol. Its pretty sad really. The whole laundry room if it was in perfect working shape is VERY undersized for how large these resorts are. Once you get a few broken washers and dryers...........people get downright nasty,lol.
We went over to CBR for a visit last week and took a look at the laundry rooms just for kicks. What a difference. There was at least 8 washers and more dryers than that .........IN EACH BUILDING VILLAGE !
Come on BC ...... lets get a real laundry room ! Its bad enough to have to do laundry on vacation .......its unbearable when it takes you half a day because the laundry room is undersized, and everything is broken !

Syndrome

Seriously this still has not been escalated to the top of the Maintenance Team list of urgent issues to be resolved? Walt would be ashamed.

OMG this is poor service , no other hotel chain at this price range would allow this to just keep going on unresolved! WDW management get a clue and get this fixed pronto it's past time it was done!!
Sheesh if they are that bad replace them there must be others they could have sourced months ago that could have been installed by now.

We always do laundry on vacation midway through and before our flights home. This doesn't give me any confidence of a quick response if any other facilities breakdown.
We never had this issue before even at any of the value resorts or offsite hotels where the laundry machines got hammered with lots of guests using them daily all year around.

Next week at this time we should be driving thru one of the Carolina's...!
...I am just having flashbacks of when we went in May 09 and it rained all day everyday!!! I think Orlando got 6inches in that week alone!!!!

Me too, and me too!
I will also be driving through the Carolinas next Thursday on my way from Rochester NY to Columbia SC for the night, then on to FL Friday. /wave

And we were also there in May 09.. so wet.. and so cold too! We bought hot chocolate in the Emporium for our room. I can handle the wet, but with cold it was too much!

Me too, and me too!
I will also be driving through the Carolinas next Thursday on my way from Rochester NY to Columbia SC for the night, then on to FL Friday. /wave

And we were also there in May 09.. so wet.. and so cold too! We bought hot chocolate in the Emporium for our room. I can handle the wet, but with cold it was too much!

Yes it was awful!!! I only had 1 sweatshirt too and I had to buy 1 for DD at DTD. Flashbacks make me shudder in fear! :rotfl2:

Have a safe trip!!!!! And enjoy of course ;)

pages 169-175

I have added you to the Be Our Guest list we keep here on Page 1 of this thread. Just a listing of who is staying where and when. Unfortunately, no special perks with this. Also has nothing to do with the emails folks are getting inviting them to participate in the MagicBand testing.

Let us know if you have any questions about the Yacht Club before your stay.

:woohoo:

Thank you!!! We are very excited about the yacht club. We will be staying from Weds 8/14 until weds 8/21. We have our restaurant ressies, magic bands and fast pass plus in place. Our reservation is sort of odd. We have a garden view the first night because that was all that was available ad then have a standard room for the remaining days. Hoping to stay put once we check in. Any tips for a first time visitor?
:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Finally here & checked in. Some issues but not gonna worry.

Weather = HOT, std Fla. Cleared up.

Beer choices, saw Sam Adams boxes & I think yingling (sp) bottles get wheeled into club before.

Ah, sipping first sunken sitting at pool, bit more breeze be even better. Bartender said getting more req's lately, told him about the boards.

Beer choices, saw Sam Adams boxes & I think yingling (sp) bottles get wheeled into club before.

Ah, sipping first sunken sitting at pool, bit more breeze be even better. Bartender said getting more req's lately, told him about the boards.

Sam Adams was my personal favorite. He kept me company while doing laundry a few weeks ago.

Enjoy that Sunken Treasure! I also enjoy the Piña CooLava.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Hi everyone! Can anyone at the BC/YC now tell me what the beer and wine selection is at the moment. Thanks!

:-)

In the Concierge lounge?

These are pictures from my trip in July.

Sorry I didn't get close-ups of the wine. Family mortified at all of the pictures I took- they didn't really understand that it was for "important research"

I kept wondering what the bartenders must be thinking with the sudden influx of Sunken Treasure orders! I'll be ordering one soon :) How much roughly does a cocktail cost from HH? Need to make sure I have plenty of dollars with me by the pool!

Have a great time :D

Seriously this still has not been escalated to the top of the Maintenance Team list of urgent issues to be resolved? Walt would be ashamed.

OMG this is poor service , no other hotel chain at this price range would allow this to just keep going on unresolved! WDW management get a clue and get this fixed pronto it's past time it was done!!
Sheesh if they are that bad replace them there must be others they could have sourced months ago that could have been installed by now.

We always do laundry on vacation midway through and before our flights home. This doesn't give me any confidence of a quick response if any other facilities breakdown.
We never had this issue before even at any of the value resorts or offsite hotels where the laundry machines got hammered with lots of guests using them daily all year around.

Is this an issue at YC too or is just BC? Going to have to do laundry on our trip and will be using YC laundry for the first time. There is laundry by the quiet pool on the YC side too right? Maybe we can all get together, rent multi person bikes and have a caravan over to BWI with our laundry and Sunken Treasures...

Do I need to bring in the recipe for the Sunken Treasure for the bartender or do they know how to make it? Also where can I find the recipe if I need to bring it with me? Thank you! I am looking forward to a drink after these past few days...3 more days :)

jmNGhpm.jpg

Wines tonight.

No labels anywhee, everyone wondering and asking if any clue what stuff was.

They knew when I asked for ST.

I kept wondering what the bartenders must be thinking with the sudden influx of Sunken Treasure orders! I'll be ordering one soon :) How much roughly does a cocktail cost from HH? Need to make sure I have plenty of dollars with me by the pool!

Have a great time :D

Just checked my receipt- I was charged $8.25 plus tax ($8.79), for the Sunken Treasure, plus tip.

:goodvibes

Do I need to bring in the recipe for the Sunken Treasure for the bartender or do they know how to make it? Also where can I find the recipe if I need to bring it with me? Thank you! I am looking forward to a drink after these past few days...3 more days :)

Recipe is on Page 2 of this thread, in the Community post.

jmNGhpm.jpg

Wines tonight.

No labels anywhee, everyone wondering and asking if any clue what stuff was.

They knew when I asked for ST.

Thanks so much! Very helpful picture.

I kept asking the CMs what all of the appetizers were. Then others were asking me.

I plan on mentioning this when (if) I get my survey about my stay.

I thought you lived off Sunken Treasures and Grey Goose slushies :dance3::dance3:

:rotfl2::rotfl2: Hmmm :rolleyes1

Are the new fridges big enough to hold those giant boxes of wine? Mrs. Buzzy haa gotten very interested in them now that back to School shopping is in full swing. Outfitting hundreds of larva with school clothes and shoes (Oh, God the shoes alone are KILLING me, 3 pair for each larva!!) is taking it's toll on her sanity and a couple of dozen Maraschino cherries just isn't taking the edge off anymore.

Signed, Buzzy the Fly, the child poor guy

Oh Buzzy! We feel Mrs. Buzzy's pain..... Back to school shopping is the pits!! Perhaps it would be best if you just went to an appliance store and got one of those Beer keg coolers installed in the room for her wine needs.

Hope that helps,

Love ~NM

Lol!

According to an order sheet I have for the BCVs- the Marketplace sells gallons of Zephyrhills water and bottles of various flavors of vitamin water: Dragonfruit, Rise and Power-C. I also see "Smart Water" (20 oz bottle) listed for sale

Maybe someone who is going soon can check to see if these or other varieties are available.

Thanks!

Does anyone know approximately how many hangers are in the closet? Can you request more from housekeeping? I usually pack wire ones and leave them there but luggage space is precious since we have to pay to check our bags now.

Does anyone know approximately how many hangers are in the closet? Can you request more from housekeeping? I usually pack wire ones and leave them there but luggage space is precious since we have to pay to check our bags now.

There were 6 hangers plus 2 holding robes in my room in July.

Yes, you can ask housekeeping for additional hangers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter