Don't Post Here!!! New 2013 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ Started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome Back, Robyn!!! So happy to hear about your trip, and I love how Disney can just switch those room only reservations so easily. (We did the same in January while we were staying at BWI and decided to spend the rest of our trip there instead of switch to AKL.)

I haven't been to Narcoosee's in ages - how was it? Is Neil still at BC CL? Good to hear about BOG - we've been for dinner and thought about trying lunch in the future, but I think we'll stick with dinner. Thoughts about the new GF pool? How are the rooms? It's the only deluxe resort I haven't tried yet . . . looking for perspective from my fellow BC fan!

MK is crazy! Small World is 45 minutes. Riding SM with out FP tickets then BTMRr with our FPs then getting the heck outta here!

Yikes!!! 45 minutes to wait......then to have It's a Small World stuck in your head for hours :)

Was the park emptier earlier today?

Robyn: So glad you had a nice stay, and how very luck to be able to switch reservations last min!! We are trying BOG next week, Can't Wait!

Just a quick question. Are Yacht Club rooms being renovated next year as well? I noticed the BC was discussed quite a bit so just curious about the YC! Thank you!

:hug: to you! How did I know you aren't a crier? Enjoy that coffee, enjoy your day! I'll take care of the tears of joy for both of us - I have that one down! :)

Speaking of tears of joy, take a look at the addition to my signature!!! Mickey T, please start sending the tips!!!

And now I have to go back and read all this stuff about magicbands . . .

You're running! :cool1: Congratulations! How did you convince DH? We need a support group now!

Welcome Back, Robyn!!! So happy to hear about your trip, and I love how Disney can just switch those room only reservations so easily. (We did the same in January while we were staying at BWI and decided to spend the rest of our trip there instead of switch to AKL.)

I haven't been to Narcoosee's in ages - how was it? Is Neil still at BC CL? Good to hear about BOG - we've been for dinner and thought about trying lunch in the future, but I think we'll stick with dinner. Thoughts about the new GF pool? How are the rooms? It's the only deluxe resort I haven't tried yet . . . looking for perspective from my fellow BC fan!

Narcoossee's was fantastic! Unfortunately dd tried a taste of my lobster and now she's hooked. They also have my very favorite dessert - almond crusted cheesecake.

I didn't see Neil at all - but of course we could have just missed each other!

Narcoossee's was fantastic! Unfortunately dd tried a taste of my lobster and now she's hooked. They also have my very favorite dessert - almond crusted cheesecake.

I didn't see Neil at all - but of course we could have just missed each other!

Told you we think alike!! Narcoossee's almond crusted cheesecake is my favorite dessert in all of WDW. :)

Trying something...

Edited: I now know how to use Photobucket and the Disboard app for photos! I'll post some live pictures... in 17 days, provided I don't forget how between then and now.

Told you we think alike!! Narcoossee's almond crusted cheesecake is my favorite dessert in all of WDW. :)

Funny story - we were celebrating ds's 13th birthday, dd's 16th birthday and I didn't want other dd to feel left out so I ordered a mini tier cake for her at Narcoosee's. I had the almond crusted cheesecake - YUM! When we were getting ready to pay the check the server (who was super nice the whole time) brought over a take out box with almond crusted cheesecake for dd to take with her since we already had the cake. Luckily she doesn't like cheesecake.
Made a great late night snack later in the week!

Nettie - I will always think of you when we are at Narcoosee's!

quick intro...

Our August trip will be my 6th, DW 3rd. First trip with the twins outside the womb. I have posted here a bit about 13 years ago but under a different handle that I can't remember. I mostly lurk to get an idea of what is going on in the World while preparing for my next vacation. We are a moderate type of family really enjoying POR. I've also stayed at AS, CSR and FQ when it was Port Orleans. Actually booked 2 rooms at POR for this trip until i found an offer i couldn't refuse. pretty excited to be jumping into the deluxe pool. Generally an off season traveller with all other trips being december or late january/early february. Daycare is closed the last week of august and the crowd calendars say it won't be too crazy so why not road trip to Florida? It might be cold up here 9 months of the year but the others can be pretty tropical. right now it is 90 with a dewpoint of 70. the heat is a concern (along with a rogue hurricane) but we know what we got ourselves into so it won't be a surprise and i think we can handle it.

Good info here and thank you all for sharing. I probably won't be too active but will try and share my experience.

I changed it to my address and mentioned it to my TA and they said for sure to change it.

I'm getting that same message and I booked that agency special also. How did you change/verify your shipping address? I can't seem to make the error message about verify shipping go away.

I'm getting that same message and I booked that agency special also. How did you change/verify your shipping address? I can't seem to make the error message about verify shipping go away.
i believe one of the first things it asked was to verify shipping address. Is this what you are talking about? i went in and changed it to my address and saved it. might have clicked a check box that said it would use this address as address for the site. I then customized my bands and clicked done. now when i go in all it tells me is that i have a magicband order. i can click into that and see my customizations and my shipping address. Hasn't asked me to verify address since that first time in.

Were you able to schedule things and customize the bands? I checked this morning on MDE and was able to schedule everything I wanted and customize my bands, it told me I had 6 days left to customize the bands. I never got an email though, so I probably did all that for nothing??? :( Oh well. Guess we'll see what happens. There was nothing on MDE yesterday for me about Magic Bands or FP+. Weird. :confused3

Yep. It was a "surprise" that it was there I had just popped on to purchase PP+ and let DD6 know how many days were left and there was a large pop-up staring me in the face. I too spent a good hour or so figuring things out. It is still on there today and I "finished" the last 4 days of our trip. I figured at the most I'm going to be out those 2 hours and at best I have FP+. I am not sure why IT would have let that "cat out of the bag" if it wasn't "for real" that would be too huge of a mistake. One never knows though.

I read on another thread that they are sending the email 17 days prior to arrival. We'll see how true that is.

I am however wondering if Teena knows anything about this August testing stuff?

I was so excited yesterday after an awful day at work (still there at 8:45 checking e-mail) to get the e-mail from our TA that we've been picked for the magic band test!! Figured that it would just be the grey bands, and didn't know they were also testing FP+ so I was even more excited to log on to the site and see that we can still customize (for me it says- act quickly! Your order may ship any time!) and that we can schedule FP+. So, even more excited!! (but bummed I have to wait til DH gets home at 6, and hoping our window isn't up in the next 4 hours!!! :) )

Funny story - we were celebrating ds's 13th birthday, dd's 16th birthday and I didn't want other dd to feel left out so I ordered a mini tier cake for her at Narcoosee's. I had the almond crusted cheesecake - YUM! When we were getting ready to pay the check the server (who was super nice the whole time) brought over a take out box with almond crusted cheesecake for dd to take with her since we already had the cake. Luckily she doesn't like cheesecake.
Made a great late night snack later in the week!

Nettie - I will always think of you when we are at Narcoosee's!

Awwwww. Me too. :)

Ok, guys, what do you think? I am in Irvine California today for work. Looks like we will wrap up at 2 pm. I am 12 miles from Disneyland, should I go spend the rest of the afternoon and evening there? I have never been, so have no idea how much a ticket costs. Worth it for just one park, or try to hop in the 10 or so hours I have.

Ok, guys, what do you think? I am in Irvine California today for work. Looks like we will wrap up at 2 pm. I am 12 miles from Disneyland, should I go spend the rest of the afternoon and evening there? I have never been, so have no idea how much a ticket costs. Worth it for just one park, or try to hop in the 10 or so hours I have.

I would definitely go. I've never been to the California park but have been to the Magic Kingdom. I'd go no matter what I got to do just so I could see "the original".

Hmmmm...that's tempting! I really enjoyed my first visit to DL/DCA last August. There's a lot to do in those two parks!! An iPhone app I have says the crowd level is 8/10 today. Allears says the one day/one park ticket is $92 and the one day park hopper is $137. I'm guessing that's without tax. If you decide not to go to the parks, you could always go to DTD (much smaller than in WDW but we like it and how it was right next to the parks. You can also check out the onsite hotels. The Grand Californian and DLH are next to DTD and Paradise Pier a short walk from there.

Good luck with your decision!

Kerry

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Anyone ever stopped at the Hess station near Beach Club? Do they sell 12 pack of soda. looking for Dr. Pepper or Diet Coke. It is a walkable distance or do you need to take a taxi. Garden Grocer is out as this is all I need.

I am staying at the YC starting 8/16.

I booked with a travel agent and stumbled across it when I sign in on the website. I read the boards, chatted online and called Disney about them. I learned that my agent probably got my email. There is no pin code in the email

I was worried about planning out my day and choosing FP+ before I see the crowds/weather. The CM on the phone said (off the record) during this test phase ... was that we will still get a KTTW card when we check in. He said plan the FP+ because I would still be able to use the KTTW to get regular FPs.

I hope he is right.

Thanks to everyone for making this a friendly and informative thread. I am guilty of lurking so wanted to come out of the shadows to say hi! We were engaged at DW in 2001 and are going back for the first time since on 9/24 thru 10/1 and then Universal a few days. We are thrilled to bring our DS (5) and DD (7 turning 8 during our trip). I really appreciate all the tips. Of course now my DH refers to this as "that Disney site" as in "are you still reading that Disney site?" Guess who is the planner in this family?
We are staying at BC for the entire Disney stay as my DH would not consider a split stay.

Quick question, I don't have a balcony or view preference but I fear a hallway of mazes or getting stuck next to a noisy elevator. I asked for closest to Epcot for accessibility and I asked for a higher floor because I was worried about ground noise. However, I am starting to fear a hallway of mazes to get in and out of the resort. If there is something else I should specify that would be great. Is a room near Epcot the same as a room rear the back door to Epcot?

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter