Don't Post Here!!! New 2013 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ Started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nanette: Can't remember if I replied to yo... anywho.... yes 10/31-11/3 , booked a bounce back...so maybe we can get together then:)

Nanette: Can't remember if I replied to yo... anywho.... yes 10/31-11/3 , booked a bounce back...so maybe we can get together then:)

Hey! What's the bouceback offer for those dates and do you know when you had to book it by? We are headed down now (AKL this time), but 10/31-11/10 are our next unbooked dates after our August YC trip! TIA

Thanks for the coupon link NinjaMom :worship:

Lots of great people in here

Teena: That must have been a sight to see!!! Did you have any left for poor Bob???

How is the beach, and that beautiful Lily??

I was nice and only ate one on the drive home.

Lily is loving life at the beach!!! She's having a ball and wearing us out!

Teena and all the other fresh corn lovers: My DH farms and plants lots of sweet corn--as in acres. We are in Ohio...is that close enough to PA for you?

We're having the first sweet corn of the year tonight.

Teena...we arrive at YC on Monday the 15th, but we're flying. Otherwise I'd bring you some! Or, will you be back from visiting your granddaughter by then?

Somebody get tell the bartenders to stock up on the Sunken Treasure ingredients...I'm headed their way!

Ill be back at work on 7/21. Ohio is definitely the same corn. It's soooo good!!! Can't stand what Florida calls corn!

Any thoughts on how the new Magic Band will work at the pool? Will we also still get Keys to the kingdom cards and magic bands.. it seems the Magic Band would be hard to work at the pool... any thoughts???? :)

Magic bands are perfect at the pool. Much better than the keys now. You just hop in the pool with them around your wrist or ankle. They are waterproof.

We haven't been told as to how they will scan them to verify who you are and where you are staying and the dates of your visit. I would assume they will have a scanner ... maybe a hand held type ... with the person at the entrances to SAB. They will have to have the same type of things at the entrances of the attractions during Extended Hours to verify the guest is staying at a WDW resort during that time period. People with annual passes that live in Florida, etc. will all have magic bands and they can't get on the attractions during the extended hours so someone will have to be scanning them to verify the resort information and dates.

Please don't hate me for asking this question!!

We are staying at the BC for a week in September (our first time - yippee!!) and very good friends of ours are staying at POR. Is there really no way they can come and spend the day with us at the pool on a "break" day? Could we pay for them to use the pool? Part of the reason we chose BC was because of the pool but our friends couldn't quite swing the price (we booked before them). It would be a shame if the kids couldn't play together at the pool but I do understand the policy. I'm just wondering if there was any way we could invite them as our guests for an afternoon.

Thanks.

Unfortunately there are no exceptions to the rule. However, you are welcome to invite them to swim with you in the quiet pool. If everybody were allowed parents/friends/relatives/etc. to join them at SAB, guests that are paying to stay at the Y&B would find the pool so crowded it would not be fun. Therefore, they are very very strict with their policy. Even one of your children's friends that might be visiting are not allowed in. That's why even small children have to show their "key" to get in.

I promise you I will bring down some tastykakes with me on 8/31 just for you. Not sure if I could get tomatoes on the plane or not. Tsa might confiscate them. Lol. Do you have a favorite?

TSA let us bring tomatoes back in our carryon when we visited Philly last (about five years ago).

My favorite tastycakes are Chocolate Tandycakes and Bob's favorites are Peanut Butter Tandycakes.

I fly back from visiting Jeanne on 8/31 and will be back at work on 9/1. See you then!!!

No problem and don't worry. This thread is filled with technophobes and computer spazz's. It takes on average three of us to figure out how to post a picture and I personally am still trying to figure out how to post pictures using a microwave. I wish I could help you but my technical support team is busy playing the Wii X play station and they are pretending they can't here my cries for help. For Mothers day I thought it would be wise if I asked for one of those "Medic Alert" necklaces because No one in my house would even consider putting down the game controller and helping me if I fell and I couldn't get up!

~NM

Ninja Mom you make me laugh out loud every time I read your posts!!!

I think I figured out the problem with the first post that didn't work. I somehow had extra at the beginning and end when I copied and pasted. Operator error!! Lol

I don't like coffee either, I love the smell of it but hate the taste. I also do not like peanut butter or chocolate (which are my husbands 2 favorite things).

The pool check in is very stricken for BC/YC/BCV only. It's honestly very packed with these 3 hotels already sharing, so there's really no room for guests. If your friends are willing to pay extra for pool time maybe go to one of the watermarks.

No peanut butter or CHOCOLATE!!!! I eat enough if it to make up for you not liking it. Lol. :-)

No problem and don't worry. This thread is filled with technophobes and computer spazz's. It takes on average three of us to figure out how to post a picture and I personally am still trying to figure out how to post pictures using a microwave. I wish I could help you but my technical support team is busy playing the Wii X play station and they are pretending they can't here my cries for help. For Mothers day I thought it would be wise if I asked for one of those "Medic Alert" necklaces because No one in my house would even consider putting down the game controller and helping me if I fell and I couldn't get up!

~NM

Baaaaahaaaa! Sounds like my house! Although this week I would be safe because all 3 kiddos were soooo bad last week that lost all electronic privileges for 2 weeks. Lol. It's amazing how boredddddd they are. Lol

Any thoughts on how the new Magic Band will work at the pool? Will we also still get Keys to the kingdom cards and magic bands.. it seems the Magic Band would be hard to work at the pool... any thoughts???? :)

So yesterday when I was at HH bar having the yummy tuna...mmm mmm mmm!! there was a lady there who was employed by Disney... she was wearing a shirt that had the green Mickey head on it... she was chosen to be on a team that is rolling out the Magic bands... she was wearing one with a sleeve on it and told me I could buy the sleeve at AKL. She was behind the bar training and making sure nothing was going wrong with the system (card taps on a portable machine like at the park entrance). I said ooooo I'm hoping I get a magic band before my ap expires, so she asked me when it expired and when I'd be back. I said I'll be back September then Oct then Dec and she said "you will most likely receive it on one of those trips". She said AP holders would be receiving them soon. She said the system is in heavy testing right now and they expect it to go live very soon!

That would be great for them to add those glowing Mickey head things.. however I don't think they would be installing them anytime soon.... but who knows! I would hope we get bands and cards.. so they can read that we are staying at the resort... otherwise all bands would "look" the same at all other resorts.. so how would they control walk ins... :)

They have them at the bar at HH. It's very much like the machine you use when you put your pin number in for debit cards at the bank. I used my room key to pay for lunch and the woman who is on the team for magic bands was there watching to make sure it worked right... you tap your key on the Mickey head it turns green then you put in your special pin. Worked fine.

Awesome! I loved to meet up.. dinner maybe?!?

Now just an FYI... the triple layer chocolate cake at Beaches and Cream is CRAZY good!!

Feel free to ask any questions... I'll try to answer them for you the best I can :)

~N

Guess who's packed?!?! My husband packed 12 hours before I thought he would! This deserves a celebration! I told him I'd buy him a beer at BC. Sshhhh, don't tell him it was free from the CL lounge...... :)

We are down to one full day remaining before we leave, and my DH still has not packed a single thing. And he has to work a full day tomorrow! I told him and the kids that all suitcases but one must be packed and IN THE CAR before we go to bed tomorrow night, because I don't want everyone running around at 4am trying to get their suitcases down the stairs and into the car then. We'll see what happens.....

I take mine BLACK!!! Love the taste of coffee. DH and I recently discovered Java Chip Fraps (mine with Soy mile).................this is VERY dangerous :) because we are so darn strict with our diets. I have to drive away from Starbucks so i don't pull in and order one!!!

I'm actually looking forward to having one in MK (ducking in case of thrown bricks)

We spend so much time (and $$) in our local Starbucks that the baristas know us all by name, and know each person's favorite drink. I don't know if it's a good or bad thing that it's within walking distance from my house.

My whole family laments the loss of Main Street Bakery in MK, but I am reaaaaally glad I'll be able to have a real cup of coffee there now. No one is happy when Mama doesn't get her coffee!

Teena - my family of Pennsylvanians will be coming in September. Tastycakes can travel easily, but I'll have to read up on how to pack corn and tomatoes. Hmmm, this is new research I'll have to do for the trip ;)

One requirement for surviving on this thread. No hate allowed. Your question is a very common one. Hope you (and any lurkers out there) always feel you can ask any Y&BC question.

This is why I love this thread! All the snark is reserved for SAB chair hogs.

Alright. What the heck is a tastycake?

peanut_butter_kandy_kake-orig.jpg

A PA born snack cake company. They make a lot of snacks, but are most popular for their peanut butter / chocolate "Kandy Kakes" ............ummmmm. :lovestruc

Syndrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter