Don't Post Here!!! New 2013 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ Started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any thoughts on how the new Magic Band will work at the pool? Will we also still get Keys to the kingdom cards and magic bands.. it seems the Magic Band would be hard to work at the pool... any thoughts???? :)

I would think they could just have guests wave the bands at one of those glowing Mickey head things...

Please don't hate me for asking this question!!

We are staying at the BC for a week in September (our first time - yippee!!) and very good friends of ours are staying at POR. Is there really no way they can come and spend the day with us at the pool on a "break" day? Could we pay for them to use the pool? Part of the reason we chose BC was because of the pool but our friends couldn't quite swing the price (we booked before them). It would be a shame if the kids couldn't play together at the pool but I do understand the policy. I'm just wondering if there was any way we could invite them as our guests for an afternoon.

Thanks.

We are staying at the BC for a week in September (our first time - yippee!!) and very good friends of ours are staying at POR. Is there really no way they can come and spend the day with us at the pool on a "break" day? Could we pay for them to use the pool? Part of the reason we chose BC was because of the pool but our friends couldn't quite swing the price (we booked before them). It would be a shame if the kids couldn't play together at the pool but I do understand the policy. I'm just wondering if there was any way we could invite them as our guests for an afternoon.

Thanks.

:welcome: to the thread!

Probably not at Stormalong Bay, the CMs are VERY strict about checking room keys before issuing wristbands to use the pool to ensure it is only resort guests using the feature pool and slide.

BUT there are 3 other regular pools on property, and I'm sure your friends would be able to join you at one of them. There are no lifeguards on duty and nobody checks for rooms keys to use these pools.

I would think they could just have guests wave the bands at one of those glowing Mickey head things...

That would be great for them to add those glowing Mickey head things.. however I don't think they would be installing them anytime soon.... but who knows! I would hope we get bands and cards.. so they can read that we are staying at the resort... otherwise all bands would "look" the same at all other resorts.. so how would they control walk ins... :)

That would be great for them to add those glowing Mickey head things.. however I don't think they would be installing them anytime soon.... but who knows! I would hope we get bands and cards.. so they can read that we are staying at the resort... otherwise all bands would "look" the same at all other resorts.. so how would they control walk ins... :)

I still think the bands are a few months out, but bands and cards would be good

Woo hoo! Woo hoo!

Yes....18 hours straight thru.....the only time we stop is to get gas. If you don't pee then, you need to wait until we stop 450 miles later for more gas! I will not sleep in the car for fear we will wake up dead if I do. Im petrified my husband will fall asleep while driving in the middle of the night. Last time we drove I had to pull over and sleep for an hour in a hotel parking lot around 7am somewhere in Georgia....I just couldn't go on. We might need to do that again. I don't drink coffee and I rarely drink pop, but today I'll be drinking Coke. I also bought a package of 5 hour energy shots.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I don't like coffee either, I love the smell of it but hate the taste. I also do not like peanut butter or chocolate (which are my husbands 2 favorite things).

Thanks.

The pool check in is very stricken for BC/YC/BCV only. It's honestly very packed with these 3 hotels already sharing, so there's really no room for guests. If your friends are willing to pay extra for pool time maybe go to one of the watermarks.

TeenaS said:
I agree about the tomatoes. I was born and raised in Burlington County, NJ. Bob got transferred to the Harrisburg area so we raised our family there before retiring to Florida nine years ago. But PA tomatoes are still super compared to FL tomatoes. Last time a guest brought some from Hershey with her, I was driving home and the bag was sitting in the passenger seat. I kept looking at them ... finally I grabbed one and ate it like an apple while driving up 27 to Clermont. By the time I got to the next traffic light, I had red tomato juice and pieces of tomato all down the front of me. Looked like I was stabbed. Honestly I didn't care. It tasted soooo darn good. You don't know how much you love something until you can't have it. My list:

Corn
Tomatoes
Tasty Cakes
Tasty Pies
The Pretzels you buy on the side of the road after you go over the Tacony Palmyra Bridge.
Real Philly Cheese Steaks!!!!

But I am still super glad we moved to Florida. Love the weather and seeing the sun almost every day!!!

I promise you I will bring down some tastykakes with me on 8/31 just for you. Not sure if I could get tomatoes on the plane or not. Tsa might confiscate them. Lol. Do you have a favorite?

Thanks.

Why don't you go over to POR and swim with them? I don't think they check ID over there.

From the Disney website:

Ol’ Man Island
Have a good ol’ time at Ol’ Man Island, a 3.5-acre refuge with a swimmin’ hole and a fishin’ hole. Fashioned after an abandoned sawmill, this pool is accessible by 3 wooden bridges and includes a 95 foot-long rustic waterslide built into the millworks.

Nearby, a whirpool tub, the Muddy Rivers pool bar, and a kiddie pool provide entertainment for all ages. A daily pool party plus an evening campfire and movie screening keep the fun going all day long.

I booked our trip yesterday :banana: - we will be staying at BC November 15-23rd.!

Gotcha SnowWhite. Copied for Dee to add to page when she returns.

Booked at BC 11/5 to 11/11. Now hearing about the refrigerator replacements in the resorts. I'm hoping that's not a an issue on this trip. My hubs likes to buy his beer and that'll be a stinker. I'm super excited though!

Adding you to the back up list. Not sure about the fridge thing but I think everyone on here has pretty much agreed to fill their tubs with ice and store the beer there. (Toga, Toga, Toga......:cool2:)

One requirement for surviving on this thread. No hate allowed. Your question is a very common one. Hope you (and any lurkers out there) always feel you can ask any Y&BC question.

One requirement for surviving on this thread. No hate allowed. Your question is a very common one. Hope you (and any lurkers out there) always feel you can ask any Y&BC question.

Amen brother!!

I'd also like to welcome all the new eyeballs checking out the thread and signing on for trips to the BC, YC and BCV. Dee would be copy pasting your replies and thanking you individually but she's on vacation and most of us are not that talented.... so here's a big welcome to all the new peeps... you know who you are!!

:cool1::banana::banana::banana:party::rockband: party::banana::banana::banana::cool1:

Also "All those Ears" put out
a coupon for 15% off Sammy Duval water sports!

Here's the link: http://allears.net/btp/SammyDuvallAECoupon.htm

PRINT IT out NOW! AND STASH IT IN YOUR WALLET SO YOU WON'T FORGET TO TAKE IT to the dock!

The coupon expires 12/31/13

Woo hoo!!!

~NM

Oh and you lurkers out there... YES! You know who you are!!!

Ninja Mom is gonna get you!

C'mon... you know you want to post! Log on and let us know you're out there> You've seen what a bad, oops I mean GOOD influence we can be. Those drink recipes are pure gold I'm tellin ya! Come and share your questions or concerns... unless it's about the fridge situation. We've already solved that with the bathtub fix!

Amen brother!!

I'd also like to welcome all the new eyeballs checking out the thread and signing on for trips to the BC, YC and BCV. Dee would be copy pasting your replies and thanking you individually but she's on vacation and most of us are not that talented.... so here's a big welcome to all the new peeps... you know who you are!!

:cool1::banana::banana::banana:party::rockband: party::banana::banana::banana::cool1:

Also "All those Ears" put out
a coupon for 15% off Sammy Duval water sports!

Here's the link: http://allears.net/btp/SammyDuvallAECoupon.htm

PRINT IT out NOW! AND STASH IT IN YOUR WALLET SO YOU WON'T FORGET TO TAKE IT to the dock!

The coupon expires 12/31/13

Woo hoo!!!

~NM

Oh and you lurkers out there... YES! You know who you are!!!

Ninja Mom is gonna get you!

C'mon... you know you want to post! Log on and let us know you're out there> You've seen what a bad, oops I mean GOOD influence we can be. Those drink recipes are pure gold I'm tellin ya! Come and share your questions or concerns... unless it's about the fridge situation. We've already solved that with the bathtub fix!

Love you Ninja Mom!! Thanks for the coupon. We're going parasailing 8/1.
Your posts make me bust out laughing. I enjoy them tremendously!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

null_zpsd3cb22b3.jpg
[/IMG]

Testing out photobucket. Hope this works.

Sorry for posting the same thing twice, but the first post didn't show up on my iphone DIS app, but the second post did show up. I logged on with my laptop and they both worked!?!? Does it matter what order you put the URL address in the message? Before or after your comment maybe makes a difference?

I appreciate all of the information on this thread so much! I want to be able to return the favor and post pictures when we are at the BC for the first time this August.

Sorry for posting the same thing twice, but the first post didn't show up on my iphone DIS app, but the second post did show up. I logged on with my laptop and they both worked!?!? Does it matter what order you put the URL address in the message? Before or after your comment maybe makes a difference?

I appreciate all of the information on this thread so much! I want to be able to return the favor and post pictures when we are at the BC for the first time this August.

Ooh -- please tell me how you did that with your phone! I think I have it figured out with photos I already had in Photobucket and my iPad, but I'd like to be able to post "live" pictures from my phone while I'm there like you're going to do. It seems like a lot of steps.... Mind you, this is coming from someone with 888 photos on her phone because she hasn't ever downloaded or deleted a single one, so....

Use photobucket app, upload your phone picks to it, then you can copy the IMG link. Then open dusboards app and paste the pic in your post.

No problem and don't worry. This thread is filled with technophobes and computer spazz's. It takes on average three of us to figure out how to post a picture and I personally am still trying to figure out how to post pictures using a microwave. I wish I could help you but my technical support team is busy playing the Wii X play station and they are pretending they can't here my cries for help. For Mothers day I thought it would be wise if I asked for one of those "Medic Alert" necklaces because No one in my house would even consider putting down the game controller and helping me if I fell and I couldn't get up!

~NM

I don't like coffee either, I love the smell of it but hate the taste. I also do not like peanut butter or chocolate (which are my husbands 2 favorite things).

WHAT !!!! I am addicted to both peanut butter and chocolate. Even more so the combination of the two ..... ahhhhh::yes::

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter