Don't Post Here!!! New 2013 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ Started

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by natebenma, Jul 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YCFAN

YCFAN <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

I understand everyone's concern over the shared balconies at YC and the Juliet balconies at BC but they are working with the architecture of the building. If it wasn't this way then the resort would just be a big square box like a Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn Express.

Booking certain categories of rooms can prevent you from getting the shared balconies but really your chances are slim on getting one. If this us something that you absolutely would not want then please ask to be moved and they will accommodate you if at all possible. They would certainly at least move you when a room becomes available. The resort really does want everyone to be happy.

It would be perfect for families traveling together.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. monica9

monica9 DIS Veteran

Hi! We will be staying November 11-17 at BC.

Can't wait!!

4. Cupmom

Cupmom DIS Veteran

the huge balcony works great for us for a few reasons.

1. We have 2 out of the four rooms.
    2. We booked SV and it beats looking at the ugly roof or dumpsters.
    3. No one else seems to be using them

I can see why people wouldn't like if if there were kids running ,screaming and looking into rooms but that has not been the case for us.

Would I want it every trip. Probably not but for this trip and the people I am traveling with it works for us.

5. monica9

monica9 DIS Veteran

Quick Question. Will the magic bands be getting tested in November and if so, is it worth me calling and asking if can be a tester? If not, will the magic bands go into effect before I arrive? I'm not really for the magic bands as it puts even more pressure on me and my family to schedule everything down to the hour! But if its happening, I guess we need to be part of it so we get to go on our rides!!

6. TeenaS

TeenaS DIS Veteran

The test is ongoing at the YC and starts at the BC 9/1. I assume (and again, ASSUME) it will stay at the Y&B. You can't ask to be a tester. If you happen to be staying at a resort that is in testing when you are there, you are part of it.

7. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

:rotfl2:

That is really funny. :cool2:

We are going in December and I've been watching the testing process and reading people's reports to see if it looks like the Magic Bands will be available for all guests by the time we are ready to check in. If I had a crystal ball I would know for sure, but I'm not even sure if Disney knows yet. :confused:

But it does look very likely that the RFID mugs will all be in place by then. And I would not be surprised if all the resorts were up and running with the Magic Bands. They have been working on this project for more than a year now. I think the first fast pass testing by select guests started last December.

8. monica9

monica9 DIS Veteran

Thanks for the help! I might call later on today to ask about it.

9. TaraTink3

TaraTink3 Earning My Ears

7 days until we are at BC!! I can taste that sunken treasure already!

10. TJDisneymama

TJDisneymama DIS Veteran

What time does the pool usually open? I've been waiting over an hour!

On day 3 of our first stay at the YC. We like it, but not thrilled with the (lack of) restaurant choices. Really really Wish there was a food court. And they should have something like the marketplace in YC......but with more of a selection.

I'm glad I tried YC tho I probably would not stay here again! Then again, I won't be staying anywhere twice until I stay at every resort at least once. :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DISBoards

11. TeenaS

TeenaS DIS Veteran

Stormalong Bay opens at 10 AM. The quiet pool is always open.

12. TJDisneymama

TJDisneymama DIS Veteran

Is there a quiet pool over here at YC? Haven't seen it.....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DISBoards

13. mla973

mla973 <font color=teal>Counting the days until life in F

We are staying at BCV Sept 4-10. We are just going to buy a 2-day pass for our family this trip. Is it worth buying in advance and then connecting it to MDE to see if we are selected for any FP testing?

14. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

Yes, they have a quiet pool. It is on the side of the resort that is closest to the Swan/Dolphin and it is very nice and quiet. We used it when we stayed at the YC.

15. Angeejoe

Angeejoe DIS Veteran

I have exciting news!:cheer2: I told you guys a couple months ago that my sister want to take my 3yr old nephew for 1st WDW trip & wanted me to go with them. I had a great dilemma as (even though I did buy an AP) my aunt I went in May & my husband & I have our fall BC stay. So to go go again this yr seemed outside my vacation budget. Well I found a great agency deal w/ a TA & my sister, my nephew & I booked this am a 12/4-12/8 WL trip! :yay::yay::yay: Even though it's not my beloved BC/YC, I'm so excited to go again, & try a new resort. The most exciting thing is to be with my nephew for 1st trip & see WDW in his eyes! pixiedust: I feel very blessed to go 3x in 2013!! :cool1:

16. ocalla

ocalla DIS Veteran

Awesome news!!!

We r trying WL also for Mardi Gras. I will miss BC, but it will be our 3 rd trip in less than a year so I'm trying to Behave and save a few dollars here and there ;).

17. 333disneymom

333disneymom DIS Veteran

How exciting! Seeing Disney through a child's eyes is truly magical :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

18. 333disneymom

333disneymom DIS Veteran

Took my little ones to their first showing of Fantasmic! last night. They loved it! Saw Illuminations the night before. Disney sure knows how to do evening shows and fireworks :) Looking forward to a more relaxing day today, as the last 3 were spent leaving the rooms at 7 a.m. and staying out until the parks closed. It's exhausting, but my DDs have enjoyed every minute of it.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

19. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

We missed the BC when we stayed at the WL in Feb, but we loved the boat to MK and the counter service, Roaring Forks. And it was perfect with the grandchildren, age 3 & 5. :goodvibes

20. Blessed_wth_Triplets

Blessed_wth_Triplets DIS Veteran

Anyone know the plans for the Magic Bands and getting into the pool area?

21. HBGdancermom

HBGdancermom DIS Veteran

Have a great day Dee!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.