• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Don't Mind Me, Just Talking Disney to Myself - #2MORESLEEPS - Airline Issues :/

Almost time! Exciting!!!

I'm doing a red-eye so I might get a little chilly on the plane but by the time I get off the shuttle in Columbus it's going to be in the high 80's/ low 90's and 60%+ humidity. So maybe I'll wear my jean shorts, a t-shirt and a light zip up jacket. Since it might be chilly in the plane, I'll wear one pair of my sneakers and throw my flip flops into my backpack.
Being a resident of Ga I would say that the shorts on this side of the flight will be a crucial thing. If you are worried about being cold on the plane I'd wear some thin weight yoga pants on the plane and switch into shorts once you get here.

Almost time! Exciting!!!

Being a resident of Ga I would say that the shorts on this side of the flight will be a crucial thing. If you are worried about being cold on the plane I'd wear some thin weight yoga pants on the plane and switch into shorts once you get here.

I've only been cold on a plane once, the rest of the time I find it stuffy and warm so I definitely think shorts or capris will be fine.

Well, it's back to the grindstone. That extra day off really spoiled me.

My carpal tunnel pain is flaring up so I gotta keep my wrist band to prevent and further irritation of tendons. It's such a pain since I do so much data entry for work but I don't want any pain for my trip in 5 DAYS! :yay:

I did forget to bring ibuprofen to work though :headache: hopefully I can bum some off my coworkers.

Back to work!

You and me both, girl. Today is all bluuurggghhh for me at work. :surfweb:

My carpal tunnel pain is flaring up so I gotta keep my wrist band to prevent and further irritation of tendons. It's such a pain since I do so much data entry for work but I don't want any pain for my trip in 5 DAYS! :yay:
Oh no! Take care of yourself, and type as little as possible! You're going to Disney in 5 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper:

I did forget to bring ibuprofen to work though :headache: hopefully I can bum some off my coworkers.
My co-workers call my desk the Pharmacy, because I keep so many over-the-counter meds in it. You got pain? Here, I got Aleve and Advil. Feeling feverish? Here's some Tylenol, and get out of my sight because you're probably contagious. Gas pain? Take one of these chewable Gax-X tabs, it'll fix ya right up. Sniffles? No problem, here, have some Sudafed. Oh, it's just allergies? Okay, take some of my Allegra. Upset tummy? I got some Imodium caplets for ya. Having the opposite problem, and can't go? Yeah, I got ya covered on that, too! :rotfl:

Back to work!
Me too! Have fun counting down! Just 5 more daaaaaaays! :goodvibes

You and me both, girl. Today is all bluuurggghhh for me at work. :surfweb:

Oh no! Take care of yourself, and type as little as possible! You're going to Disney in 5 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper:

I wonder if it's more using my cell phone than typing that aggravates it. I am on my phone WAY too much. Texting or playing games, usually.

I do quite a bit of mailing each week and thankfully this week's list is really small. I was a little worried because I'm going on vacation and it's a short week.

My co-workers call my desk the Pharmacy, because I keep so many over-the-counter meds in it. You got pain? Here, I got Aleve and Advil. Feeling feverish? Here's some Tylenol, and get out of my sight because you're probably contagious. Gas pain? Take one of these chewable Gax-X tabs, it'll fix ya right up. Sniffles? No problem, here, have some Sudafed. Oh, it's just allergies? Okay, take some of my Allegra. Upset tummy? I got some Imodium caplets for ya. Having the opposite problem, and can't go? Yeah, I got ya covered on that, too! :rotfl:

Me too! Have fun counting down! Just 5 more daaaaaaays! :goodvibes

Ok, I need you as my coworker! I will even chip in to refill your supply. I used to keep an ibuprofen but once it ran out I forgot to refill it at home.
I do have a first aid kit so if you get a paper cut, I'm there for you!

Back to work!
Sorry to hear about the pain. Never fun! Feel better!

I'm down to 4 sleeps guys but I leave Friday night for Georgia so technically vacation begins in 2 sleeps!

I was looking at my luggage and it is PACKED to the max. If I buy any souvenirs, ANY at all, they won't fit. So I'm thinking of moving everything BACK to my 24' suitcase and checking it for my flight. I am packing a collapsible duffel bag so maybe I'll be fine with that. If needed, I can check that on the way back. That way it would only cost $25 instead of $50.

Decisions, decisions....

I wish I had your problems right now. :rotfl:

My trip is just under three months away, and I've already started packing. Is that weird? :scratchin

IT'S VACATION DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

Please have a safe trip, make it wonderful, and looking forward to reading all about it on your return!!! :cutie:

OH no! Wrist pain is awful! It's amazing how much we use our hands for like.... everything. I just myself was at the Urgent Care for my own wrist (ended up being a RREALLY bad case of tendonitis) and I'm finding it super hard to just rest it. :( Get well!!!!!

IT'S VACATION DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

Please have a safe trip, make it wonderful, and looking forward to reading all about it on your return!!! :cutie:

YES IT IS!
Friends1.gif

I just have to get through 7.5 hours of work and then my vacation starts! I probably won't get home until after 6 PM because traffic on Fridays is usually the ugliest of all week. I re-packed my suitcase to see if I could somehow, magically, make more room and no it's snug as a bug in a rug. I've decided if I need more room for souvenirs, I will throw most of my clothes in the collapsible duffle bag and check then on my return flight. At least saving me $25 and room in the rental car.

One of the families from church is having a party for their son, a combo birthday and goodbye party because he leaves for the Navy in a week or two. I'm not sure if I'll go to the party mostly because I don't want to have to drive my car there and then on the way back (going to the airport) I'll have to drop my car off at home which is out of the way. We'll see what time I get home and how I'm feeling.

I checked in promptly at 11:25 PM last night for my flight so I got Group 2 boarding which is first after all the special groups. I'm hoping I can sleep a little on the flight so I'm not exhausted when I arrive at my sister's apartment.

Woot!! Here we goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! Have a great day at work, then it's OFF!!

I'm so excited for you, your family, and Lola!!! Please eat some Mickey Bars for me. :mickeybar

Thank you friends!
Thank for reading my silly updates.
I hope I can write a TR and if I get permission, post a pic of my niece because she is DOGGONE ADORABLE

First hiccup in the journey...

I was supposed to leave LAX tonight at 11:25 PM and get to Atlanta at 6:45, grab the shuttle and be in Columbus by 8:45 AM.
My flight was cancelled and I have been rebooked on their earliest flight at 10am tomorrow. This means I won't get into Atlanta until 5:20, shuttle wont get to columbus until around 8pm because of traffic.
I am losing a whole vacation day in travel :headache:>:(

First hiccup in the journey...

I was supposed to leave LAX tonight at 11:25 PM and get to Atlanta at 6:45, grab the shuttle and be in Columbus by 8:45 AM.
My flight was cancelled and I have been rebooked on their earliest flight at 10am tomorrow. This means I won't get into Atlanta until 5:20, shuttle wont get to columbus until around 8pm because of traffic.
I am losing a whole vacation day in travel :headache:>:(

OH NO! That's terrible! *fingers crossed* that everything goes to plan tomorrow. No more setbacks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter