don't know if i'm elated or gassy, but i'm somewhere in that zone...fall 2014 PTR

I've been giving it a lot of thought and have decided to try really hard to do some movie nights before this trip! popcorn:: I tried to pick some movies that we haven't seen or that we've seen, but haven't watched for quite some time. I might need some advice on things to have for dinner. i'm thinking i'll try to do one a month and then a couple in September if possible. we usually have the girls birthday party in September so planning that and movie nights might not happen, but we'll see.

next Friday, I think we'll go see the new muppet movie--muppets: most wanted! i'm so excited to see that! of course, I won't have to worry about dinner that night!

in april, I think we'll do mary poppins. I don't really like this movie (that's probably crazy talk for a nanny, huh?) but the girls have never seen it. my dinner plan so far--fish and chips, these cute little cheese umbrellas I saw on pinterest, spoonful of sugar cake pops, and drinks in tea cups (maybe some apple juice or something else that looks like tea).

for may, I was going to do wall-e. we have this movie and love it, but haven't watched it in a long time. dinner so far....square sandwiches, cheese cubes, green beans (like the green plant), and milky way candy bar for dessert. drink? not sure yet...

june--which I think is where our 101 days will fall--will be 101 dalmations, of course. i'm thinking we'll do hot dogs, corn, dog bone graham crackers, yogurt and spotted milk.

july is enchanted. we've never seen this movie, so i'm having a hard time thinking of movie related foods. I went with princess-y....croissants, turkey, green beans, drinks in our "fancy" glasses, strawberry soup like at the grand Floridian and the grey stuff cakes. seems good to me!

for august, I thought we'd watch muppet treasure island. we have this one, but haven't watched it since the girls had their pirate themed birthday party in 2012. we'll do breakfast for dinner that night--pirate pancakes, walk the plank bacon or sausage, arrrggghh eggs, blueberry cannonballs, and grog (which will be the juice from tusker house--I found a recipe on pinterest).

so that brings us to September.....the first weekend (the 5, 6, 7) is usually when we do the birthday party. but i'd really like to get in a movie night on the 13th and 20th. i'm thinking on the 13th we'll watch dumbo. i'm not really looking forward to this one because I know it will make me cry. but, the girls have never seen it and I feel like they should since we love the dumbo ride. of course, we'll have circus food---corn dogs, peanuts, carrot sticks and some colorful fruit salad. we'll have circus peanuts for dessert (I can't stand those--the bright orange ones--they make my teeth hurt just thinking about them, but DH and the girls love them) and a cotton candy drink (seltzer water or sprite and you put cotton candy in it and watch it dissolve).

then, to get us in the Halloween mood, since we're doing the party, I thought we'd watch hocus pocus. I haven't come up with food for this one yet (because I had to get off pinterest and actually get some stuff done....life, go figure! :rotfl:) but we've never seen this movie and I think the girls will like it. I think it's called hocus pocus--the Halloween one with bette midler and sarah jessica parker?

if things are going well and I have a spare weekend, I was thinking about having a fairy night and watching the new tinkerbell movies, the pixie hollow games and the pirate fairy. we don't have those yet, but I was thinking about getting them from Disney movie club. and of course, we'll be getting frozen and could plan something around that too.

any thoughts? I wasn't going to worry too much about decorations, but I might print off some coloring sheets or something that the girls can do. usually when we have a movie night, we make a picnic in the living room and that's exciting enough. keep your fingers crossed that i actually do movie nights this time! :thumbsup2

MOVIE NIGHTTTTTSSSSS!!! Hahah! I know you know I am into this right now, as I just had a Dumbo one last night! I am proud to say I withheld from crying!! But I was super pissed at those snotty mean elephants!! What the heck, right!??!?! :furious:

The girls LOVED it!!

I love all your ideas for food!! I think your enchanted food will be perfect, stick with the princess-y, afternoon tea, type of stuff!!

LOVE 101 Dalmations for 101 days!! May have to do that too!!!! :thumbsup2

I was thinking the whole way through about the new Tink movie and then BOOM! You were thinking that too!! LOL!! We are VERY alike, my friend!

Our list for movies includes:

Swiss Family Robinson
Fantasia
Tom & Huck
Honey I Shrunk the Kids
Song of the South
Tink Pirate Movie
A Pooh Movie (not sure which)
New Muppets & Probably the one before that too
Cars
Pinocchio

We may not get to all of them, or we may just watch some without doing the whole movie night thing, we shall see. I am not setting a schedule, just kinda doing them as I feel. But we all enjoyed last night, so I see many more in our future!!!

I am going for ones that are featured in attractions that we will probably do. But we may end up throwing some others in there too that Olivia just asks for, she was already asking for Snow White last night...

:scratchin Hmm... drink for Wall-E, I've actually never seen it, but I am thinking some sort of "moon juice" or "motor oil" type of stuff since he's like a space robot thing right??

I think your movie nights look great!! Can't wait to hear all about them! I've been seriously slacking with ours... but hopefully we'll get back on it soon! We've just been too dang busy! I'm not thinking we should have went with your once a month plan instead of weekly!! Ha ha!

Such awesome plans!!!! I love it! I had the idea to do this as well before our November trip last year & it never happened... Kinda mad I didn't plan that out better to make it happen!!!

All we managed to watch was Swiss Family Robinson which my girls ADORED.

Your menu's sound awesome too! I can't believe you have not seen Enchanted- one of my favorites. I just LOVE that movie!!!

What fun this will be- I can't wait to see pictures of your movie nights!!

MOVIE NIGHTTTTTSSSSS!!! Hahah! I know you know I am into this right now, as I just had a Dumbo one last night! I am proud to say I withheld from crying!! But I was super pissed at those snotty mean elephants!! What the heck, right!??!?! :furious:

The girls LOVED it!!

I love all your ideas for food!! I think your enchanted food will be perfect, stick with the princess-y, afternoon tea, type of stuff!!

LOVE 101 Dalmations for 101 days!! May have to do that too!!!! :thumbsup2

I was thinking the whole way through about the new Tink movie and then BOOM! You were thinking that too!! LOL!! We are VERY alike, my friend!

Our list for movies includes:

Swiss Family Robinson
Fantasia
Tom & Huck
Honey I Shrunk the Kids
Song of the South
Tink Pirate Movie
A Pooh Movie (not sure which)
New Muppets & Probably the one before that too
Cars
Pinocchio

We may not get to all of them, or we may just watch some without doing the whole movie night thing, we shall see. I am not setting a schedule, just kinda doing them as I feel. But we all enjoyed last night, so I see many more in our future!!!

I am going for ones that are featured in attractions that we will probably do. But we may end up throwing some others in there too that Olivia just asks for, she was already asking for Snow White last night...

:scratchin Hmm... drink for Wall-E, I've actually never seen it, but I am thinking some sort of "moon juice" or "motor oil" type of stuff since he's like a space robot thing right??

we ARE so alike--I was commenting on your PTR last night when you were commenting on mine! great minds, I tell ya! :rotfl2: too bad we don't live closer together--i would so want to hang out!

I started with a longer list of movie night movies, but I just knew I wouldn't get to all of them. I wanted to do movie nights last trip and never did, so I thought i'd start easy and if I add more (or do like you and just watch a movie one night), even better. I am excited about them now and really want to do something tonight! we might just watch a movie from the list--I was also considering.....

jungle book
the incredibles
any of the toy story ones
bugs life
monsters university
and...chicken little (i LOVE that movie!)

i like the idea of moon juice for the wall-e night. I've seen this juice in the store (i think it's actually called bug juice) that is a neon green color. that might be fun (i'm sure there's no sugar in that, right? :lmao: ) you should watch wall-e sometime. i didn't think it looked that great when it came out, but it was SO much better than i was giving it credit for. really, what was i thinking, it's Disney after all! and, it has a song in it from hello, dolly! which i love too--win win!

I think your movie nights look great!! Can't wait to hear all about them! I've been seriously slacking with ours... but hopefully we'll get back on it soon! We've just been too dang busy! I'm not thinking we should have went with your once a month plan instead of weekly!! Ha ha!

i know--i usually overplan, then get bummed out when i don't get everything done. i figured if i just tried for one a month, and actually got to it, i'd be pretty happy! ;) i love all the ones you've done and all the things Jackie does--you guys inspired me to give it a shot!

Such awesome plans!!!! I love it! I had the idea to do this as well before our November trip last year & it never happened... Kinda mad I didn't plan that out better to make it happen!!!

All we managed to watch was Swiss Family Robinson which my girls ADORED.

Your menu's sound awesome too! I can't believe you have not seen Enchanted- one of my favorites. I just LOVE that movie!!!

What fun this will be- I can't wait to see pictures of your movie nights!!

i really wanted to do movie nights last time, but just never planned anything, then just ran out of time. trying to do better this time!

we haven't watched swiss family forever. might have to find that one sometime. i think Hannah would love it.

i know--i'm not sure why we never saw enchanted. we heard a song from it on Pandora the other day that was cute. i'm excited to see it now. have you ever looked at the Halloween party costume threads on here? i saw a picture of someone who dressed as the princess from it. she did an awesome job and had this HUGE dress on. she said that she had to ride things by herself because her dress was too big to fit two in a seat. that's commitment to your theme right there!

We did movie nights a few years ago for our family Disney trip. Funny my youngest mentioned that Frozen was coming out next week and we need to get it and do a movie night. I might just have to do that! I miss having them...we went all out. Maybe I can get the boys to sit down to a princess one each month...LOL

Your ideas for all the movie nights sound AWESOME and great choices you picked out!! :goodvibes

thanks! Now to just remember to do it.... :lmao:

We did movie nights a few years ago for our family Disney trip. Funny my youngest mentioned that Frozen was coming out next week and we need to get it and do a movie night. I might just have to do that! I miss having them...we went all out. Maybe I can get the boys to sit down to a princess one each month...LOL

i have to watch how many princess movies we do too. Hannah, who started the whole princess thing at our house, now only likes jasmine and has declared, more than once, that superheroes are way better than princesses. :rolleyes:

since I know terri (denovagirl) has seen what I made for the girls (and sent me the cutest video of them saying "thank you lori"--so sweet!), I thought i'd post some pictures of what I've been sewing. also, this PTR has been sorely lacking photos, so I need to make up for that! :thumbsup2

terri wanted some Minnie inspired rompers for the girls. could they be any more adorable?!?

when I was getting fabric, I found this super cute Minnie fabric and knew I had to make something with it.

I made pillowcases from it and crocheted a little mickey inspired edging on it.

this weekend I made matching dresses for Madison and her bestie, Leah.

i'm not sure what's with the face. and excuse her hair--her teacher at preschool did an elsa braid for her and she refused to let me take it out!

i'm not a huge fan of these kind of sleeves, but these turned out pretty cute.

cute dragonfly snaps! the pattern says to use buttons, but I really don't like making buttonholes, so I did snaps instead, which I really love doing!

today i'm going to use this same pattern and get started on some easter dresses for our girls. I also want to sew some of the pillowcases I got fabric for the other day.

yesterday, I took the girls to see a play--The Little Mermaid, Jr! we did a little party before the show. the girls got snacks, did a little craft, played a game, got to go backstage (which Hannah thought was pretty cool!), and get pictures with the cast. all of the kids were amazing! I didn't take pictures during the show, but the girl who was Ursula (who I found out is only 10!) was fantastic! we had a great time!

I have been totally MIA this week! No really good reason other than our internet was spotty a few days this week and I have a few big home projects going right now. But here I am!

Love your movie night ideas, as you know I am huge fan of movie nights! I have a planner calendar that I keep and I write the dates I want to do movies nights in the calendar and that reminds me to do them. The date changes sometimes, but it helps keep me organized!

Love the sewing update! The minnie rompers are soooo cute! I also love the flutter sleeve dresses. I think they are so cute.

awwww!!! I have got to jump on the band wagon and start doing movie nights!!! I've been sort of shying away because I ALWAYS go overboard with parties and figured this would turn out the same...we'll see!!! You and Terri are getting me pumped to try it! This weekend I had a spa slumber party for the girls and ended up with 13 girls aged 4 to 10! I honestly don't know how it happened!!! :confused3

I already commented on Terri's ptr but I LOVE THE ROMPERS!!!! they turned out soooooooo cute! (I'm slightly jealous!!!) Great job :thumbsup2

LOVE the cute Minnie you created..so fun

How cute to attend a Little Mermaid play. Isn't it amazing what kids can do with practice...10 years old and belting it out.

YOu are amazingly talented with the sewing machine! I am in awe! :worship::worship:

Wonderful job- just WONDERFUL!

I have been totally MIA this week! No really good reason other than our internet was spotty a few days this week and I have a few big home projects going right now. But here I am!

Love your movie night ideas, as you know I am huge fan of movie nights! I have a planner calendar that I keep and I write the dates I want to do movies nights in the calendar and that reminds me to do them. The date changes sometimes, but it helps keep me organized!

Love the sewing update! The minnie rompers are soooo cute! I also love the flutter sleeve dresses. I think they are so cute.

I was wondering where you've been! glad you're back! home projects? that sounds exciting!

you and denovagirl made me want to get to some movie nights for this trip! I made a list (I love crossing things off lists! it's weird, I know...) so i'm hoping we get all of them in. I'm excited to do them!

thanks! I've been having a lot of fun sewing lately. except for those dang needles I thought I'd love and so don't. if you have to go over a seam, or any place where there is more then just two thin layers of fabric, they break every time. I tried varying speeds and hand turning over the thicker spots and I've broken them all. i even had the thread sneak out of the slit on the side and then i was sewing nothing until i noticed. I won't get them again.

i saw you say something on anniebabymu's ptr about new very bradley bag patterns. have you seen any previews yet?

awwww!!! I have got to jump on the band wagon and start doing movie nights!!! I've been sort of shying away because I ALWAYS go overboard with parties and figured this would turn out the same...we'll see!!! You and Terri are getting me pumped to try it! This weekend I had a spa slumber party for the girls and ended up with 13 girls aged 4 to 10! I honestly don't know how it happened!!! :confused3

I already commented on Terri's ptr but I LOVE THE ROMPERS!!!! they turned out soooooooo cute! (I'm slightly jealous!!!) Great job :thumbsup2

i'm trying to keep movie nights simple so i'll stick with doing them. i figure some can be fancier if i feel like it, but i'm just going to plan on simple.

your spa party sounds so cute! fun idea!

thanks--they're pretty easy to make and terri's daughters look adorable in them!

LOVE the cute Minnie you created..so fun

How cute to attend a Little Mermaid play. Isn't it amazing what kids can do with practice...10 years old and belting it out.

thanks!

the kids in the play were awesome! it was fun!

Yay! All your sewing is really cute!! And I'm so glad you came to see the show! :-D

thanks! i'm glad we went too! the girls loved it all!

YOu are amazingly talented with the sewing machine! I am in awe! :worship::worship:

Wonderful job- just WONDERFUL!

aawww, thanks! :goodvibes can't wait to make some more things for her girls and get started on our Halloween party costumes (just have to decide on an idea--darn etsy and all the cute stuff!).

lately, I've been thinking about our park days and the things we really want to do. my original plan was to get there Thursday morning, go to epcot and go to hoop dee do. Friday would be a down day and then go to the Halloween party. Saturday we would go to HS for the day, then we'd leave very early sunday morning so DH would have time to get some work in that afternoon and evening.

i think my goal with that plan was to do a few new things, but also to try to get to as many parks as possible and have a trip as close to a weeklong vacation as we could get. but, thinking about that more, i realized that it would be a lot of rushing around and, most importantly, we would be spending the LEAST amount of time in our FAVORITE park, MK. so, here's what i'm thinking now....

i really want to try to get an early flight out Thursday morning. i don't actually want to fly out that early, but we can't all leave together Wednesday night because DH has to work (he works nights). i don't really want to travel alone with the girls either, just because i'm sure they would be falling asleep and i don't want to try to get them through airports alone. so...get there Thursday, check in, etc and go to MK. it's our favorite park and we need some more time there. we'd do some rides, meet elsa and anna, meet tiana (?), do whatever we don't want to do at the party. then we'd go to hoop dee do that night for our anniversary dinner. Friday would still be a down day and the Halloween party. Saturday i still haven't figured out....i'm thinking we'll go to HS, because there's lot there that we want to do. that would mean we would not be going to epcot at all, but i'm thinking that might be ok since food and wine will be happening and it will be crowded. it also means no animal kingdom, but we weren't planning on going there this trip anyway. then we'd fly out as early as possible sunday morning so we can get back for DH to work.

our ADR time is coming up on the 29th, so i need to get a final plan made and start thinking about places to eat instead of where we'll be for the day.

thoughts?

Whew! I made it!:yay: I'm seriously beginning to think that this board is like a part time hobby/job, but what a fun one!

So to sort of get caught up: Loved the monster idea for your costumes, Miranda is still pretty Monsters obsessed and I still get to watch it almost daily, thankfully Charter has it on demand right now thru Starz so I don't always have to actually put the movie in. Her current faves are Monsters U, Planes, Brave (Meri is what she calls Merida, at least she's close), Despicable Me 2 and now Callie's Wild West on Disney Jr.

I think Frozen will live on for quite some time, I'm worried now that we won't be able to snag a copy? :confused3 I know that's probably an exaggeration, but maybe not? The idea of frozen costumes is great!

We are planning another trip for Oct. 2015 with my parents to attend MNSSHP, my family is big on Halloween pirate: and my dad wanted it to be a tad cooler. So any info you get to pass along from your experience will be much appreciated!

You really were going to try to fit a lot in for your time, which I don't blame you for, but like you posted a bit ago...it may be good to scale back and darn it have to plan another trip :rotfl: I know the feeling of having to fly out so early, so if anyone sees me with a coffee drip around Lambert, just ignore me :coffee:

I already bought Miranda a autograph book, per my mother's request, at the Disney outlet in Chesterfield. I'm not sure yet that that is what I want to use for autographs, I'm not the crafty type...however, to make her first trip special I may just have to stalk Pinterest some more. BTW, your sewing is coming along great and those rompers are adorable!

Movie nights are something that I would love to actually start. DH works swing shifts, so it's hard to have him home so it can be a family night, but we already to watch a lot, but Miranda hasn't seen a bunch of movies, including Frozen...so excited to get it on Tues (fingers crossed).

Oohh and love the pressed penny idea, but might wait til our next trip when she can understand the concept better? We haven't done the ones at the zoo yet, but will maybe give it a shot first?

I think your new plan sounds much more pleasant! :) I think you will have an enjoyable time and feel like you hit the favorites. Now it might be hard for me to go to Disney and skip soarin. But as long as I got to see the castle, soarin could wait for another trip. Lol
And bugsmama11, you're obviously in STL, you'll have to join us next time we get together! How old is Miranda? Sorry if you've been around forever, I've just recently seen you post a lot and noticed you were another STL mom :)

I like your new plan.

MK is your favorite park- so spend the most time in it..... Then pick whatever your 2nd favorite park is for Saturday!

Perfect! :)

I think that sounds like a good adjustment! If MK is your favorite park, I think it'd definitely wiser to go there over Epcot. Especially if your only other time at MK will be the party!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter