• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Don't have photo id!

cbear5

Earning My Ears
I am starting to get nervous about my almost 3 year old. She will turn 3 shortly after we return home from our wdw trip. I know that she is very big for her age, as all my children are! My oldest is 11 and he is the biggest in his class as well as all his sporting activities. He could easily pass for 13 or 14. My 7 year old son is the same, absolutely huge!

All I have for id for her is a birth certificate...I really don't want to get embarrased if they for some reason don't want to believe me! I am almost inclined to buy a childs ticket but my DH says "no way"! Has anyone ever had any situations when a CM did not believe someone's age?
:confused3
Carrie

Check with your local driver's license bureau for a state issued ID. I got a state issued ID for my dd when she was about 2 because DH would get comments since she looks exactly like me but not him. It was $10 or so, nothing major really and DD loves having her own 'drivers license'. It helps us at the airport b/c we don't have to answer lame questions.

You can also check with your local police department and see if they do safety IDs. Many times they do and they have a thumb print, name, DOB and photo. Sometimes they do them free of charge.

But, most states will issue a photo ID.

Of course there is always the passport, but that's a lot of money if you aren't planning on any travel outside the US.

Best wishes.

Relax you don't need id for kids, not for Disney and not to fly.

If a CM thinks they are well over 3 they "may" ask a few questions. Simply tell them she is 2 and when her b'day is and you will be fine. The Disney CM's know that kids come in all shapes and sizes.

We have been several times a year including years when one my kids was just under 3, turning 10 (a birthday trip) or just under 10 and never had an issue. In Feb we traveled with my neice who has since turned 3 and the CM's never asked once how old any of the kids are.

If you want to bring a copy of the BC go ahead but nobody expects a 3 yo to have anything other than a BC (if that). The majority of kids under driving age don't have ID.

TJ

Ditto what TJ said. Kids do not need photo ID at Disney or for air travel (unless you're traveling international, but in that case, you'd need a passport).

We were at Disneyland (CA) when ds was 35mos and I remember a CM asking about his age. I just said "He's two" and that was the end of it. I actually did bring a copy of his bc with me on that trip because he was getting to be tall for his age and I didn't want to have to worry about it. The CM didn't even want to see it.

Just relax, have a great time. I doubt you'll have any problems!

One of my children was tall for their age, and a CM actually leaned over and asked them how old they were...I was like...umm...they can't talk yet...their only 1. :rotfl: I knew why they were doing it, but my child was only 18 months old...LOL

My daughter will turn 2 a week after we come home from Disney, she is not only tall for her age, but she is a talker, and in my opinion smart for her age, now she's not a genius, but the other kids her age, she's around just aren't as spoken as her, anyways, I was worried about that too, but all they have to do is ask how old she is, she knows she's 2, so I figure they don't believe me, than how are you not gonna believe the kid

Blockbusters used to have a Child Safety ID kit or program. You might be able to go there and get cards made up for all the kids if you think it will be a problem. It would work great if they got lost too.

I think you'll be fine without ID for your 3 year old. My son was 9 last summer when we went to WDW, and it did cross my mind that people might think he was older and an "adult". (He's very tall for his age!) No one ever said a thing the entire week we were there.

Both of my kids are tall (my 2 yr. old is wearing 4T clothing) but I have never had a CM ask me their age or ask me to provide verification for their age. My oldest was a talker so they could have easily asked him, although there were times when he'd say "Ten" when asked his age :rolleyes:. My youngest will be just weeks shy of turning three when we go again but I don't anticipate any problems.

When my DD13 was nine it took a little convincing, but I wouldn't worry. We've had a harder time in the airport than WDW with ages though, having passports for all of the kids has made the check-in process a lot smoother!

When my niece was almost six (obviously talking up a storm) my BIL lied and said she was two, and they even bought that (I have tall kids also, I couldn't pull it off at three)!

Also wanted to say that my DD is very tall and we've only been questioned once about her name. However, I did want to add that you should have her birth cert with you. I have heard (on here of course) that if Disney really wanted to push it, and you did not have her birth cert, you would be asked to pay for her ticket and then refunded when you could produce her birth cert. So to be on the safe side...always travel with your kids birth certs.

Last time we went to WDW ds was 2.8yo and was 40" tall... I always had with me his bc, just in case, but they never even ask me his age.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter