Don't forget to go through Ebates if booking through Travelocity

Moomduck1

DIS Veteran
Hi,
There are a bunch of codes floating around here to save money if booking through Travelocity. HOT13 gets you 13% off and 48HR75E gets you $75 off the already discounted sale rates. But if you go through your Ebates website first, you will get even more back! If the hotel you pick is a Good Buy hotel (I know Coronado Springs is) you will get another 6.5% back! Every little bit helps. Also, you can cancel without any penalties as long as it's a week before, or something like that. Good luck!

We have 4 adults staying, so we do have an extra fee for that. But for 4 nights, it would have been 813.60 through Disney. I booked through Travelocity through Ebates. It cost me $709.03 and then in a little while I'll get a check from Ebates for $41.70, which would make my reservation cost $667.33. That means I saved $146.27 by not booking through Disney. I saved even more if you think about my original hotel reservation with Disney (no discount) was over $900.

If you're a member of ShopAtHome (similar to ebay) - they are running 10% cash back with Travelocity for hotel bookings!

Hi,
There are a bunch of codes floating around here to save money if booking through Travelocity. HOT13 gets you 13% off and 48HR75E gets you $75 off the already discounted sale rates. But if you go through your Ebates website first, you will get even more back! If the hotel you pick is a Good Buy hotel (I know Coronado Springs is) you will get another 6.5% back! Every little bit helps. Also, you can cancel without any penalties as long as it's a week before, or something like that. Good luck!

We have 4 adults staying, so we do have an extra fee for that. But for 4 nights, it would have been 813.60 through Disney. I booked through Travelocity through Ebates. It cost me $709.03 and then in a little while I'll get a check from Ebates for $41.70, which would make my reservation cost $667.33. That means I saved $146.27 by not booking through Disney. I saved even more if you think about my original hotel reservation with Disney (no discount) was over $900.

Thank you for the info!!! I just saved $66 at AoA for one night! :banana:

I am looking at going with Travelocity too - but I have never booked an onsite hotel and tickets with an outside company- does it work just like a Disney run reservation? Add airport info for magical Express, and pick up tickets at the resort or do they send the park tickets ahead of time? I guess it doesn't really matter but I want it to be as easy as possible.

What is Shopathome? Does it cost anything to join?

Shopathome is just like ebates. Free to join. I've been using it for about a year, and I get my cash back checks just like promised. The % seems to usually be a little better than ebates, but I always check both!

Thanks to everyone for all the tips! I booked Travelocity through ShopAtHome, using the 10% 10SUMMER discount (going after HOT13 expires) plus we will be getting the ShopAtHome 10% rebate check.

The room that we wanted was only discounted 20%, and it was still too much for us, but with these other discounts, that brought our overall savings to 40%, which means that the room is doable! We are going to use our ShopAtHome check to help pay for our dining.

The only thing left to do is find the best price for the tickets. I'll be comparing the AAA ticket prices to Travelocity's "two days free" prices. Anybody have any tips on that?

Y'all are so smart and helpful - thanks again! :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter