"Don't forget a picture of the food!" Updated 8/16! A Fall TR!

I love the Trek setting too. It is beautiful. Glad you started a new PTR...I need to do the same, because my planning is all on index cards scattered all over my desk right now, LOL!

I love the Trek setting too. It is beautiful. Glad you started a new PTR...I need to do the same, because my planning is all on index cards scattered all over my desk right now, LOL!

:rotfl2:I feel ya on that!! I use notebooks though! Lol...

The Yeti

It was time for our first FP+ of the day!! Know who we are going to see? The YETI!!!

Chris and I had to take turns on this, because Olivia wasn’t quite tall enough yet, but good news!! She has since grown tall enough! That means she can ride Everest our next trip! Woohoo!! But for this time it was just Chris and I…

AK_EXPEDITIONEVERESTRIDE_7060694399.jpeg

AK_EXPEDITIONEVERESTRIDE_7067517025.jpeg

Haha... dont you just love how the dude next to Chris is just like falling asleep or something!?!? It's like HELLO Sir, there's a giant YETI trying to GET YOU!!

Alright, now that we saw our Yeti friend, it’s show time!! Our first trip we never got a chance to see the Nemo show, so we were so stoked to catch it this time!! We were still a little early for the 11am show, we had to wait for about 10-15 minutes outside before they let us in to sit in the nice, cool AC with this view...

IMG_1317.jpg

Soon enough, the show was starting, and I didn't snap many photos because it was my first time, and I was too amazed by all that was going on around me!

36837c5f-4096-4966-be0b-9f9fc111ba33.jpg

What an awesome show! It was pretty fast paced and managed to get pretty much the entire movie plot in, very successfully! We all enjoyed it, and even Maddie gave it her full attention, the entire time! I think our fave was the cool, giant jellyfish that they carry out through the audience.

Next up, another first, It’s Tough to be a Bug!!

We made our way over to the Tree of Life and I was so thrilled to FINALLY explore it up close, as we never got near it last trip…you know what that means, pictures! I’ll only share a couple..

IMG_1328.jpg

IMG_1329.jpg

Then, it was time to head into the Tree for our showing…

IMG_1323.jpg

The show was quite cute, I think I expected everything that came, except the buzzer on the hiny! That one totally got me! As most will say, it was, indeed, quite comical, the amount of children having breakdowns in there…. Luckily, mine were not among them, they were definitely a little nervous but mainly laughed throughout.

It was after noon now, and we were getting hungry, so next up was lunch, and hey! Guess what is right across the way, that we’d never tried!?!?!

Flame Tree Bar-B-Q!!!

I must say, we got our food just in the nick of time! It started to sprinkle while Chris was in line, so I covered the stroller with the rain gear, parked that sucka, and the girls and I went off in search of a table. We finally found one way down some path, and by the time Chris sat down with the food the sky opened up! It was POURING! So we took our time enjoying our lunch…

Chris and I had the plate with the ribs and chicken, and some sort of chocolate mousse for dessert. The girls had the drumstick meals. As you can see, our food got a little sprinkle too!

DSC01212.jpg

DSC01213.jpg

All in all, I liked this QS location, the food was pretty good, I mean, I’ve had far better BBQ, but for an in-park option, it was good. My ribs were a little tough, but my chicken was great, so next time I will shoot for the chicken only option. The atmosphere was gorgeous, right along the water. No AC, but you can’t find that at many QS places, so I’d definitely give this a thumbs up, and we will most likely be eating here again!

It was still a little drizzly when we got done eating, but we pressed on anyhow, poncho’s on!!

We went and did a little exploring through some shops…

Then we made our way back around to Tamu Tamu refreshments for one of these bad boys…

IMG_1325.jpg

IMAG0775_1.jpg

Dole Whip with RUM!! This was DELICIOUS! We only got one, and Chris ate most of it, but I had some bites too, and if I weren’t pushing the stroller I would have gotten my own. Next time I will, stroller or not...

After it was finished we were all...

why-is-the-rum-gone-2.gif

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

It was getting close to our next FP+ for the Mickey & Minnie M&G so we found the Discovery trail, and took that to the adventures outpost. I do believe it was still raining, and we were juggling strollers and dole whips, so sorry no pics, but this was a fun little trail to cut through!

Sad news though, during our walk Maddie fell asleep. Now the hard decision, wake her and risk a cranky toddler, or let her sleep and she will miss Mickey & Minnie!?!?

Who are we kidding, you NEVER wake a toddler if you don’t have too!

tumblr_static_tumblr_m37hv9zkfu1qft9sxo1_500.gif

Chris skipped the m&g to stay with her and Olivia and I hopped in the FP+ line to meet the pair. All the photos of M&M’s travels on the wall were too cute! Even with FP+ I think we waited about 20 min, but soon we were let in for a very…. Awkward m&g…

Olivia got really shy, and usually the characters will try to coax her into interaction, but not here, they just hugged her and posed and out we went. It was really weird, I can hardly explain it, but it was unlike any m&g we’d done before, very short, and not so sweet.. oh well, guess it’s a good thing we didn’t wake up Maddie, and the pics came out good still…

AK_ADVOUTPOSTA1CHARACTER_7060868412.jpeg

AK_ADVOUTPOSTA1CHARACTER_7060868413.jpeg

AK_ADVOUTPOSTA1CHARACTER_7060868407.jpeg

Coming up next, we finish out our day at AK!

Last edited:
Your Yeti shirts are so cute in all your photos! :flower:
I've enjoyed your report. Looking forward to more.

Finishing AK & DTD

We were starting to get a little bit tired now, it was a long, rainy day, but we still had our FP+ for Dinosaur that was a bit away, so I hopped on my app to see if there was anything sooner and there was!! I switched it and we walked over, but then we saw that the standby line was actually quicker than the FP+ line, so we hopped over there.

Olivia always gets a little nervous in these bigger dark rides, but she always gets on too, she knows she will have fun once she gets on. That was the case here too…

AK_DINOSAURRIDE_7060855075.jpeg

Close up..

AK_DINOSAURRIDE_7067518424.jpeg

That little boy behind her I think has the same feelings as her at this moment...

When we got done it was time for the switch, Liv almost didn’t want to go again, but her daddy talked her into it, off they went, while I waited in the gift shop with a still-sleeping Maddie.

AK_DINOSAURRIDE_7067518919.jpeg

Close up..

AK_DINOSAURRIDE_7067518856.jpeg

She still looks about as nervous as her first ride!

We’d completed everything on the itinerary in AK for today, and we were pretty pooped, we also had an ADR at Downtown Disney later that evening, so off we went, back to POP! It was about 2pm, my notes say.

I snapped a couple pics on the way out...

IMG_1330.jpg

IMG_1332.jpg

I have no notes here, I am pretty sure we got back and took naps, then got up for DTD... but I know I decided to take this time to photograph the room real quick, so that I could sort of show how we “organize” all our stuff…

DSC01218.jpg

DSC01217.jpg

DSC01216.jpg

I don’t have any other notes, so I am assuming we just hung around the room and relaxed a little before heading off to DTD at 5pm. I believe our ADR was for about 6:30 or 7pm.

First up at DTD, was the pin store!!

DSC01221.jpg

DSC01220.jpg

Olivia made some trades...

IMG_1339.jpg

Then I was SO EXCITED to check out the new Co-Op!!

DSC01222.jpg

Lots and lots of cool things in there, but we weren’t really shopping yet…

DSC01223.jpg

Slowly we ambled around, all the way to our dinner destination…

DSC01224.jpg

DSC01226.jpg

T-Rex Café! I know it’s nothing exceptional, but we really enjoy the atmosphere of Rainforest Café, and I love Dinosaurs, so I really wanted to try this. I love over-the-top theming!!

DSC01230.jpg

We were seated in the area to the far left of the ice cave, I think maybe it’s the meteor shower room?

DSC01235.jpg

DSC01234.jpg

DSC01237.jpg

I was glad we weren’t IN the ice cave, as I think the color changing would get old. This place is HUGE! And FULL! As a result, my only real qualm is that it is extremely LOUD! Not a quiet, relaxing dinner, by any means. Thus, my recommendation to anyone wanting to try it… make sure its early on in your trip, maybe even arrival night, because it’s very high energy and loud, and towards the end of your trip meals tend to become your time to sit and relax a moment.

Okay, lets see, I ordered the steak and fries, steak was okay, fries weren’t my fave.

DSC01257.jpg

Chris had fish and chips, which he enjoyed.

DSC01260.jpg

Olivia had dino nuggets, watermelon and some of my fries…

DSC01258.jpg

Maddie had the mac-n-cheese, which may have been the best ordering of the night! I tried some and it was really tasty!

DSC01259.jpg

Although the meals weren’t out of this world, they were good, and filling, and the desserts were pretty great!

Chris and I had to share (the way they do dessert here is bizarre) and we had something,It was some sort of chocolate lasagna or pie... I can’t recall for sure, but it was large, chocolaty, and delish! And who cares about sharing, at this point I couldn’t finish a whole dessert if I wanted too!!

DSC01261.jpg

I have to say though, I did sort of like the girls dessert more… they got to share this pudding pail thing, and it was SO GOOD!!

DSC01263.jpg

Nothing fancy, but the crumbles onto of the pudding? NOM, NOM, NOM!!!

My notes say that this place was slow, probably because how many people were there, but we sat through 4 meteor showers in our time there, and I think they were every 20-25 minutes….

When we were finally done, we checked out the gift shop, didn’t buy anything though, and then we saw the outdoor dig area! Chris went to find the restroom, so I let the girls play for a bit, and I LOVE this area! It’s awesome bc they get to dig around, but its not sand!!! It’s very fine rock, so no mess!! YAY!

DSC01266.jpg

Chris returned, but the girls were having so much fun, we let them play longer…

DSC01271.jpg

After we got the girls out of the play area we decided to check out the World of Disney store. We spent A LOT of time in here, maybe an hour? We looked at everything, and I don’t have notes, but I am pretty sure we bought a lot of stuff…

At any rate, we spent quite some time shopping and walking through different stores. I know the girls picked out some toys that they just couldn't wait any longer to get... :rotfl:Then we made it back around to Goofy’s Candy Co… haha, I know we had like, just ate, but who can resist!?!?!? Just kidding, I wanted to get something “to-go” that I never got last time…

We walked around and saw them making Olaf apples!

DSC01278.jpg

I filled out my form and went for milk chocolate dip, rolled in butterfinger! I loved watching it get made!

DSC01280.jpg

DSC01281.jpg

DSC01282.jpg

The girls decided to get some of those tubes you put the powdered sugars in, but I guess I was too busy drooling to get a photo… at any rate, we grabbed our treats and headed back to POP!

DSC01285.jpg

My notes show we made it back, and found this towel creation... we pretty much got this one like everyday...

DSC01214.jpg

Then we let the girls play with their new toys they picked up at DTD...

IMG_1335.jpg

Finally, we got ready for bed and were off to dreamland about 10:30.

Coming up next… we meet some Disney Junior friends!!

Last edited:
Your Yeti shirts are so cute in all your photos! :flower:
I've enjoyed your report. Looking forward to more.

Hey there! You got sandwiched between my updates! :crowded: I almost missed ya!

Thanks, I am glad to hear everyone's responses to the Yeti shirts! They were my fave!

Great update and end of your day!

We pretty much felt the same about t-Rex--loud, slow, ok food, but very fun. I think we sat in the same area as you guys, but we skipped the dig area. I think we had to get to the lego store! ;)

The girls look pretty awake and happy in the last picture. Sign of a successful day!

There can never be too many pictures of AK, just saying.

I love walking through that trek! The bats are so cool and who doesn't love some tigers! Sorry you didn't get to see a better view of them.

The Nemo show is one of the hidden gems at AK, glad you enjoyed it.

I was wondering how your girls would handle ITTBAB. I've never watched that show without have multiple crying kids around me.

Yum, Flametree! I've never had the ribs but I do really like the chicken. Good thing you found a seat out of the rain so you could enjoy your meal.

That meet with Mickey and Minnie does sound weird. Guess you got some not so good "friends".

I haven't made it to T-Rex yet but it looks good!

There is just something so good about Mickey Rice Crispy treats.

In :love: with this picture...
LOVE!!!!

I was really really far behind and i am getting over to your PTR now..
As always your kids are just adorable!! Pictures are perfect of all of you! I am going to do the jungle trek this time.. We have NEVER done it and i see the theme is unbelievable cannot wait to shoot it. Honestly i have never seen pictures like yours!
Sold me on it!

In :love: with this picture...
LOVE!!!!

I was really really far behind and i am getting over to your PTR now..
As always your kids are just adorable!! Pictures are perfect of all of you! I am going to do the jungle trek this time.. We have NEVER done it and i see the theme is unbelievable cannot wait to shoot it. Honestly i have never seen pictures like yours!
Sold me on it!

Yay!! Another Mo-worthy photo! Wow, I did better than I thought this trip! :goodvibes

Awwww! I am SO glad I inspired you to try the trek next time!! I know YOU will love it! Lots of cool spots to photograph! Hopefully the Tigers will be out for you!

The treks are really cool. Definitely the type of thing that people skip over or don't do as AK can be a "1/2 day park" for people. I think AK is the best park to just wander and take in the atmosphere and theming.

Seeing the Tigers seems to be very hit or miss. Our last trip they were introducing a new tiger so that was the only one out and she was hiding so we didn't even see as much as you did of one. But they are cool when you can see them

The Nemo musical I think is very well done - and the song were written by Robert Lopez and Kristen Anderson-Lopez of Frozen fame so it has that going for it as well.

Wow, what luck with your timing and avoiding the downpour. Always nice when that works out and you can just take your time eating while waiting for the rain to stop.

I am yet to have a dole whip with alcohol added and that needs to be remedied

Oh gosh, that is always hard to know if you should wake up a toddler or not - we generally are like you and not wake them if we don't have to (even if that means waiting in a parked car in our driveway if they fell asleep on the ride home ... truly the moment smart phones are most appreciated.

Sorry about the awkward M&G - oh well, at least it made you feel better/more sure about not waking Maddie

DISconfession time - I've never ridden Dinosaur. No one else in my group ever wants to ride so we never allocate a fastpass for it and have never gone with a standby wait time that I wouldn't feel bad about going myself. Oh well, someday

We have also never eaten at T-Rex! The animatronic T-Rex near the front freaks my oldest daughter out, plus it is just so loud in there that doesn't appeal. We do enjoy the "sand pit" out front though ... the bone yard in Dinoland at AK uses the same non-sand sand and it is a great idea!

Always fun to watch them make the treats at Goofy's Candy Company! :thumbsup2

Love all the updates and pictures! You took some great photos that really show off the awesomeness that is Animal Kingdom.
It really is so beautifully done!

This-
After it was finished we were all...

why-is-the-rum-gone-2.gif

made me laugh out loud... and snort.

Looks like a really fun day!
Our kids LOVED T-Rex. It definitely is loud in there. I think you are right about when to go. We went on arrival night and the atmosphere was exciting and got us pumped for the trip. But I think later in the trip it would have been exhausting.

LOVE all of the pictures! Now I'm totally regretting not taking more time to really enjoy AK last trip. It was just that point in our trip that we were all worn out and I had no energy. Next time I'm going to stop and enjoy it more!

The Yeti shirts are super cute! And great family pictures!

::yes::::yes::::yes::::yes::::yes::::yes::::yes::::yes::::yes::::yes::::yes::Indeed!!!

Bummer about the mickey meet and greet. Glad the meal at Trex was good!@

Yea, but at least the pictures are cute! I love their safari outfits!!

Great update and end of your day!

We pretty much felt the same about t-Rex--loud, slow, ok food, but very fun. I think we sat in the same area as you guys, but we skipped the dig area. I think we had to get to the lego store! ;)

The girls look pretty awake and happy in the last picture. Sign of a successful day!

True this was one night we didn't all crawl back to the room in exhaustion!

There can never be too many pictures of AK, just saying.

I love walking through that trek! The bats are so cool and who doesn't love some tigers! Sorry you didn't get to see a better view of them.

The Nemo show is one of the hidden gems at AK, glad you enjoyed it.

I was wondering how your girls would handle ITTBAB. I've never watched that show without have multiple crying kids around me.

Yum, Flametree! I've never had the ribs but I do really like the chicken. Good thing you found a seat out of the rain so you could enjoy your meal.

That meet with Mickey and Minnie does sound weird. Guess you got some not so good "friends".

I haven't made it to T-Rex yet but it looks good!

There is just something so good about Mickey Rice Crispy treats.

I agree on photos of AK!! Never to many! NEVER!!!

I saw that TRex is on your list of places you still need to eat, do it! It is quite fun, just take it for what it is, obviously not a 5 star restaurant! They do have some chicken dishes that look good! And I know you love fish and chips, though I can't say how these fare against UK's in Epcot... probably not as good! Beware though, lots of cute dino stuffies in here... and I know you have a stuffie problem... ::yes:::rotfl:

Sadly, I barely ate any of that treat! I did get a couple bites, but I was soooo full, day after day, fullllllll!!! I ended up throwing it away the end of the trip because I didn't think it would be too good after so many days!

The treks are really cool. Definitely the type of thing that people skip over or don't do as AK can be a "1/2 day park" for people. I think AK is the best park to just wander and take in the atmosphere and theming.

Seeing the Tigers seems to be very hit or miss. Our last trip they were introducing a new tiger so that was the only one out and she was hiding so we didn't even see as much as you did of one. But they are cool when you can see them

The Nemo musical I think is very well done - and the song were written by Robert Lopez and Kristen Anderson-Lopez of Frozen fame so it has that going for it as well.

Wow, what luck with your timing and avoiding the downpour. Always nice when that works out and you can just take your time eating while waiting for the rain to stop.

I am yet to have a dole whip with alcohol added and that needs to be remedied

Oh gosh, that is always hard to know if you should wake up a toddler or not - we generally are like you and not wake them if we don't have to (even if that means waiting in a parked car in our driveway if they fell asleep on the ride home ... truly the moment smart phones are most appreciated.

Sorry about the awkward M&G - oh well, at least it made you feel better/more sure about not waking Maddie

DISconfession time - I've never ridden Dinosaur. No one else in my group ever wants to ride so we never allocate a fastpass for it and have never gone with a standby wait time that I wouldn't feel bad about going myself. Oh well, someday

We have also never eaten at T-Rex! The animatronic T-Rex near the front freaks my oldest daughter out, plus it is just so loud in there that doesn't appeal. We do enjoy the "sand pit" out front though ... the bone yard in Dinoland at AK uses the same non-sand sand and it is a great idea!

Always fun to watch them make the treats at Goofy's Candy Company! :thumbsup2

I totally agree on AK!! People who claim it's a half day park are not appreciating all the wonder around them! It's the same as I feel for people who say Epcot is not kid-friendly! You're not doing it right, then!! :lmao:

I didn't know the music was by the musical geniuses of Frozen! How cool!! I enjoyed it a lot! The hubs liked it much more the FOTLK.

Oh yes, you do need to remedy the adult dole whip situation, if you like rum it was very delicious!! I could go for one right now... :rotfl:

Beyond true on the toddler situation, I have spent some time sitting in my car with a sleeping Maddie on my phone too!!!

I can't believe you haven't given Dinosaur a whirl! You should try your next time. The theme is okay, I mean I enjoy dinos, so I like it, but I can see how some would want to skip it, but the ride vehicle is SO FUN!!! You have to ride it just to take a spin on that bad boy, I smile the whole way through... love it!

And yes, so fun to watch them make the beautiful treats, even more fun when you know one is yours!!! :thumbsup2

Love all the updates and pictures! You took some great photos that really show off the awesomeness that is Animal Kingdom.
It really is so beautifully done!

This-

made me laugh out loud... and snort.

Looks like a really fun day!
Our kids LOVED T-Rex. It definitely is loud in there. I think you are right about when to go. We went on arrival night and the atmosphere was exciting and got us pumped for the trip. But I think later in the trip it would have been exhausting.

Yay! Glad everyone likes the photos and isnt bored with them! :rotfl:

I agree on TRex! That would be a great opening night place to eat, and I know your girls loved it and getting to build a dino. That was on our list but then they decided they would rather have more Disney-ish souvies...

LOVE all of the pictures! Now I'm totally regretting not taking more time to really enjoy AK last trip. It was just that point in our trip that we were all worn out and I had no energy. Next time I'm going to stop and enjoy it more!

The Yeti shirts are super cute! And great family pictures!

You must stop and smell the roses next time your in AK. You wont regret it!:thumbsup2

So I totally missed the rest of your AK/DTD updates!

It's good to hear that the Nemo show held everyone's attention. I really would like to try it in May but I was worried about our almost 3-year old being interested enough to sit still-ish!

We have an ADR at TRex for our November trip so I'm glad I got to read your review! The boys love dinosaurs so I know they will be so excited! And that dig area looks like fun!

So I totally missed the rest of your AK/DTD updates!

It's good to hear that the Nemo show held everyone's attention. I really would like to try it in May but I was worried about our almost 3-year old being interested enough to sit still-ish!

We have an ADR at TRex for our November trip so I'm glad I got to read your review! The boys love dinosaurs so I know they will be so excited! And that dig area looks like fun!

Haha, sorry! I've been an updating maniac lately!!!

Yes, Nemo was great, there's bubbles that fall from the ceiling and all kids of stuff to entertain a 3yo... I would def give it a try!

And yes, I would say your boys will love Trex! It was a fun place! I really wanted to do the geode thing they have, you can buy a geode rock and they have a special machine to crack it! It was cheap too!

So many great pictures!

Yum, love Flame Tree BBQ!

Sorry it was such an awkward meet with Minnie & Mickey. The pic came out SO cute though!

What a fun evening at DTD! :)

All caught up!
Your TP is too funny. :tongue:

So excited you booked your trip for next year!!! pixiedust:
Your Yeti shirts are so perfect. Loved your review of AK. We saw the Lion King show for the first time in May. Nemo is next on the to do!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter