Don't drink the water!!

wdwcrazy

pixie dust for all
I just returned from my 2nd trip to WDW this year and had a wonderful time even though it was hotter than hades. The only thing that was bad was the water. Disney has made one of those infamous business decisions to change the bottled water sold at WDW from Zephyhills spring water to Dasani purified water. The purified water is disgusting. Please let everyone know this so that maybe if we all complain enough they will bring back the spring water. We wound up going to the store and buying water to carry into the park. This wound up saving us money in the long run but we wound up running out of water during the day and was forced to drink tap water. Ugh!!!!

we were there the last few days of august into september......and we were thirsty all the time.....we even drank the tap water....we would of finished bottle after bottle after bottle....I ate more ice this trip then ever in my life.....Hope you get your water that you like.....I grew up on tap water and when we had a city shut down of the water....we had to buy bottled water....and i said......Poland spring water may be in the next town over.....it has not taste at all......my sisters thought I was nuts....I guess I like cholrine and other good chemicals......

I live in a city along the Ohio River that gets its drinking water supply from....well...the Ohio River.........
Now...the river is beautiful.....but I certainly can't drink it.....
So....spring water is an absolute essential in our lives.....

I believe that WDW switched from spring water to Dasani because it is a Coke product....Disney has a contract with Coke...so hencefoth....Dasani water.

I myself....won't drink "purified water"....just my opinion.....if you are "picky" about your drinking water...(we are)....bring your own spring water...

wdwcrazy, I prefer Zephyrhills spring water over Dasani purified water, as well. :D

What's so bad about tap water? At least where I live, it's good, and cheaper to! I'm not too picky in that respect, so I think this is the way to go. Water is water.

Zephyrhills water taste salty to me and makes me even thirstier. I drink Dansani water and love it as it has no taste, just thirst quenching.

Originally posted by Poohfanatic
What's so bad about tap water? At least where I live, it's good, and cheaper to! I'm not too picky in that respect, so I think this is the way to go. Water is water.

For starters it has a strong odor, kind of a sulfur smell. The taste is so strong that you can taste it in the fountain drinks and coffee. I washed clothes while we were at CBR and put a shirt away when we got home. I got it out a few months later and it still reeked of Disney water!!!

I can drink tap water at home, but I'd be hard pressed to drink tap water at the World!!! JMO

PlutosMyFav

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I have no problems with tap water in general, but I have never liked Florida tap water.

When I was on the college program at Disney I had to go buy a water filter. I couldnt' stand the water in Disney either. I had no idea they changed there bottle water supplier. I'll miss Zephyhills, it was good. But I always did wonder why they had never switched over to Dasani because of their coke contract. I'm sad now that Zephyhills is gone.....brings back memories of those hot days at the parks :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter