Don't be so quick to walk by the people taking surveys

DisneyWisher

DIS Veteran
When we entered Epcot on Wednesday 9/14 after looking for my DDs Legacy (I'm so glad I did that, it was done 2 years ago and only cost $25) we were just passing by the entrance near SpaceshipEarth. When a CM said hi to us. DBF turn around and said Hi. She asked if she could ask us a few questions. We agreed. I should say this DBF has only been to Disney 3 times since he was a child (My DD12 and I are the Disney Freaks actually all my DDs are but the other 2 are now 20 and 22, they aren't able to go when we go, college, work, husband...) So DBF says you should ask her because she's here all the time (Sept was my 5th trip this year).
Anyway the CM said Disney has a new TV show that why want people's opinion on and if I'd be willing to give the an hour and half of my time. Sure why not? She then told me for doing this I would be given $100 Disney Dollars. YES! :banana: I was suppose to meet her about an hour from then at 10:45. So off to Soarin we went. At 10:30 kissed DBF and DD12 a fond see later bye. They were going to go ESPN Club to look for a Miami Dolphin Pin (quick note ESPN Club store does not open til 11:30) When I arrived at the meeting location with about 8 others. I was called by one of the head CMs while the others went with the original CM. Head CM told me they already had enough people from my area and that I would not be needed :sad: . But that would receive the $100 Disney Dollars anyway. :cool1: So the nice Head CM allowed me to use his Cell to call mine (gave it to DD since DBF left his in the room) and was on my way to meet them.

So don't be so quick to walk by anyone doing a survey. :cheer2:

What a great way to start your day--a little extra pixie dust!!

We were stopped by a CM a couple times--they just wanted to know where we were from. Maybe because we were from Canada they had no more questions?

How cool! I'd have been bummed not to be picked too. But 100 free Disney Dollars? Yahoo! :dancer:

I was approached once in Disney and once in Universal. The one time in Disney they asked my hubby all sorts of questions about how many times we'd visited....etc and then just said "thanks" and walked away. The time at Universal they wanted me to do a taste study on a new yogurt drink.....strange at a theme park! But I was taken to one of the 'fake' buildings and got to go in and taste the different stuff and got 5.00 in Universal dollars. It only took 20 minutes or so....and when I got home I had a nice postcard thanking me for my time.

I was more siked about seeing the inside of the buildings LOL

LoL, i've done tons and tons of those surveys... never been offered anything though! But I always say yes when they ask, they are fun... lol.

A couple of times i have been asked for my email address and an online survey has been emailed to me and is sometimes waiting when i get home.

I love during the surveys, but have never been offered anything like the OP - that's very cool! I've been asked things like where are you from (and nothing else) to longer surveys with questions on where you are staying, how many times you've been there and such.

I was stopped at Universal one time for a survey, and they were testing out a food product. I got to go in a little room and try some Total cereal with strawberries. Then I had to fill out a survey on the computer and tell my opinion of the cereal. I was give $5 Universal dollars. That wasn't very much, but it was a fun experience.

Only 4 more days til we're in the world!!! Whoopeeeee!! :dancer:

Shel

ON THIS SAME TYPE OF TOPIC:

You know those people in the malls that ask you to do a survey? Most people walk away from them....I stopped and did the survey once and was paid $20 for 5 min....Now they call me all the time to do surveys for different products. I even got my dh doing surveys. Last year my goal was to pay for all of our food with survey money.......It not only paid for food, but, there was alot extra. I figure between the 2 of us, we made about $2,200. :cool1:
So, remember to stop and chat with those people everyone thinks are a pain in the :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

IMALOVNDISNEY said:
ON THIS SAME TYPE OF TOPIC:

You know those people in the malls that ask you to do a survey? Most people walk away from them....I stopped and did the survey once and was paid $20 for 5 min....Now they call me all the time to do surveys for different products. I even got my dh doing surveys. Last year my goal was to pay for all of our food with survey money.......It not only paid for food, but, there was alot extra. I figure between the 2 of us, we made about $2,200. :cool1:
So, remember to stop and chat with those people everyone thinks are a pain in the :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

$2200!!!!!! Holy survey dollars, Batman!!!! How do I get on that list? I never see anyone at the mall...

Congrats on the free Disney Dollars. I have answered lots of Disney surveys and never gotten anything out of them other than a chance to chat with a nice CM. Maggie

I also did a food tasting at Universal, it was for granola bars. I got $5 for it. My cousin did it also.

I can say that everytime I've done a survey in Disney- within in 30 days I get a pin code for a room or package deal (used to be in the mail, now it's via email the last 2 time). EVERY TIME. Not saying that is how you get one, but it has happened to me everytime. The thing is it's always right after we get back and not planning on going right away again.

I have done those surveys in the mall too. We usually only make $5-15. However, I have never given more than 15 minutes. The last one was for a 7-up product.

My ds 11 did a survey at Universal tasting different pizzas. He received a certificate for $10 & walked away with a full tummy :goodvibes

smt218 said:
I also did a food tasting at Universal, it was for granola bars. I got $5 for it. My cousin did it also.

tinknme said:
My ds 11 did a survey at Universal tasting different pizzas. He received a certificate for $10 & walked away with a full tummy :goodvibes

Yummmmmy!!! I would love to do a taste test of pizzas!!!

I do focus groups for companies all the time. I made 625.00 last month alone!!!! Last week I made 225.00. There are a number of different companies you can do this for and they usually pay cash. Cragslist.com is a great place to find them. I also do mall surveys but they don't pay as much. Good way to finance vacations.

fiveacesmmb said:
and they usually pay cash. Cragslist.com is a great place to find them. I also do mall surveys but they don't pay as much. Good way to finance vacations.

could you type the url for cragslist...i tried it andi keep getting some swap thing. thanks

at Universal we did a survey they were taking for 'new' menu items at kentucky fried chicken,, we each made $20.00.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter