Don't be shy calling all singles

22 and living in the East Bay for now. I travel for work so a few months here, few months there, always West of the Mississippi tho. Originally from NJ :)

I'm curious to know if people coming to visit "solo" are completely satisfied with being alone during their visit, or if they would rather find other people to hang out with during their visit.

Any opinions?

For me it's a toss up. I loved the freedom of traveling solo and being on my own schedule. Being able to ride what I wanted when I wanted, take breaks when I wanted, and eat when and where I wanted was incredibly relaxing and stress free. I also had a chance to visit a friend that moved to Orlando last year and it was one of the highlights of my trip. We got together for a half day at Downtown Disney and between catching up with an old friend and having someone to explore DTD with it was a great day.

I think it would be fun to meet others for dinner or an evening or 2 in the park but I don't think I'd want to schedule a whole day or days around meeting others.

I'm getting an AP for DL in a couple weeks and even though I already have a few friends that go fairly often I'll have no problem going solo every month if no one else can make it.

My solo trips are a mix of meet ups and me time. I have made so many Disney friends through the years that there is almost always someone I know at the parks when I go. I always plan time with them but leave more time to myself

I kinda do both...I make my plans based on what I want (it's my vacation after all) an if people fit into the plan, bonus. I have friends that live in FL so they tend to find me one or two days of my trip, and even meeting up with some DIS friends is cool, ultimately I do most of my trip alone....and I have a lot of people that ask me if I get bored or lonely. I have to say I love my "me time" I spend 90% of my profession talking to and dealing with people, no matter what type of mood they are in. when I go to Disney, I don't have to talk to anyone I don't wish to, I can watch a movie while I have dinner and no one will ask me to do anything...for as much running around I do in the parks I have to say I do really relax.

Single girl here from Coral Springs, FL. I'm looking for a guy who is a Disney nut like me lol

Single guy here in NC. 30 years old and I love going to Disney World. Would be nice to find a girl as into Disney as me.

Haha. This guy makes me laugh. Like you. I'm glad someone else here remembers it. And he was happily married right? Guess he got a divorce

Maybe he can tell us. I suppose in a roundabout way he achieved his goal; he proved his point about not trusting [some] people on the internet :rolleyes:

Wait. I thought you were married and just teaching is a lesson that we shouldn't trust people on the internet

Thank you, Josh! We remember it too! I actually laughed when I saw this post, if people want to chat they need to drop by the SSC, the company is really good there! :thumbsup2

Can't wait to see what is next. Like how we should always remember the people that post on her or something

Another single girl to add! I'm 30 and from St. Louis. Taking my first "single girl" trip with a girlfriend in 2 weeks. Can't wait!

I think my problem is that I'm not shy at all. I'm very flamboyant about my love for Disney (and other geeky things) and I haven't found a man yet that can handle that.

And I'm also 24. I've noticed that half of the guys my age can still be idiots.

I think my problem is that I'm not shy at all. I'm very flamboyant about my love for Disney (and other geeky things) and I haven't found a man yet that can handle that.

And I'm also 24. I've noticed that half of the guys my age can still be idiots.

I guess it's tough for me not to be shy about my love for Disney as a 22 y/o guy... I consider myself pretty nerdy, but sometimes I find it tough bringing Disney up in conversation. That and I work all the time :/

But hopefully with time and I won't be as hesitant to be as open about my love for Disney! :D

I guess it's tough for me not to be shy about my love for Disney as a 22 y/o guy... I consider myself pretty nerdy, but sometimes I find it tough bringing Disney up in conversation. That and I work all the time :/

But hopefully with time and I won't be as hesitant to be as open about my love for Disney! :D

I found that I'm much happier this way. ^^ Half of my job as a bartender is finding things to talk about with my bar customers. My regulars all know how many days until I'm going to The World, where I'm staying, what I'm doing...and they think I'm adorable for it (they're also a lot older than I am, though) ...the only problem I'm having is that most guys think it's also immature. Oops.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter