Don't be a Drag, Just be a Queen June 3-18 (MORE PICS ADDED 6/25!)

Bill has an obsession with those No Way Jose...I should try to recreate them for his bday (or not) lol

Thanks....we are really enjoying Jenna!

Kristen-I have been wanting to try that No Way Jose. I have to make it to Beaches & Cream this next trip!!! LOVE your signature photos!!!

Isn't it the truth...I have been paying adult prices for these kids for so long..it makes me crazy. Especially Kirsten who hardly eats anything!!

Enjoy your last day!!!

I guess I'm in the minority in that I LOVE Boma. I am adventurous when it come to food. The problem is that I won't be eating there for a long, long time, with 2 little ones that I have to pay adult prices for.

Have a good trip home E!! Or at least one that's not filled with craziness!! ;)

2 of our checked bags are soaked. The stuff inside them feels like it just came out of the washer! :headache: And of course, this is not AirTran's fault. So far it is nobody's fault. But SOMEBODY has liability for this, so I am going to pursue it. :mad:

I would think if you had damage of contents that you could file a claim....or you could write a nasty letter and probably get a voucher....but I bet when it comes to weather issues, you will get the run around.

Elizabeth, so sorry the last part of your trip stunk.

I would think if you had damage of contents that you could file a claim....or you could write a nasty letter and probably get a voucher....but I bet when it comes to weather issues, you will get the run around.

I can't believe their policy states that they can leave luggage out until it is completely saturated and the customer has no recourse. That would be ludicrous. But who knows what all language is written into their policies. I just think it sucks that leaving luggage in the rain is an OK thing to do in their eyes.

Elizabeth, so sorry the last part of your trip stunk.

Eh, it was just the flight delay/wet luggage. :rolleyes: We did eventually get home. At 2 AM.

So, to back up a bit, yesterday was a decent day.

We got the luggage checked through to the airport and they did NOT accost my bag witht he tape measure. They did NOT charge us to check the bags, which was what DH was afraid they would do. We put the carry-ons with Bell services and had them take the Owner's Locker, then we went to MK. We arrived about 10 AM.

We rode Buzz, got a FP for DS to ride Space Mtn., rode Tea Cups. They have moved the construction wall out so you can't walk from the Speedway around the back of the Cups anymore. You have to swing around to the left and enter the queue from the other side.

We rode Pooh, then Haunted Mansion. Got a FP for Big Thunder, rode Pirates.

After that we had lunch at Casey's so DH could cross that off his list. After lunch we rode the People Mover, and JUBILATION! Space Mtn. was broken and the lights were on. Made DS's day. :laughing: Of course when we got off he was not pleased that Space was broken. We rode Big Thunder, then we had ice cream. Then DS did get to ride Space before we left the park. :)

We got back to AKL about 3 PM, so we just sat in the concierge lounge until it was time to get our bags from Bell services. Our ME pick up was scheduled for 5:05 PM, but there was a bus there at 4:50 PM and the driver said we were welcome to go on that one, so we did.

We got to MCO about 5:30.

We weren't hungry until about 8 PM, which was after they delayed out flight to 9:22. Unfortunately all the food at MCO shuts down about 8 PM! :mad: We had to settle for crummy counter service since the Outback Steakhouse To Go had already closed. I knew from previous years that NOTHING is open in that airport past 10 PM, but I had no idea everything closes so EARLY! The terminal was PACKED with people!

That's crazy that it closes down so early.

So, when are you going back?

Don't they have those cargo holds for the luggage that transports them to/from the airplane so they do not get wet?

I think it is awful that they can leave someone's personal items that you have no choice but hand over to them and they are not responsible. That is ludarcris!

Don't they have those cargo holds for the luggage that transports them to/from the airplane so they do not get wet?

I think it is awful that they can leave someone's personal items that you have no choice but hand over to them and they are not responsible. That is ludarcris!

I am not sure what they usually do. I know the bags that went out that I saw after the storm let up looked like they were wrapped in plastic. I know the ground crews can't be out when there is lightning, but you can't tell me the dude driving the luggage cart just jumped off and ran. Put the cart under an awning or something! :mad: Not to mention that we ALL saw the HUGE bank of black clouds coming from miles away. Could they not figure out what was about to happen and MOVE the damn luggage???

Sorry to hear about your luggage and delays. My friend flew out of MCO yesterday, and her flight was delayed 8+ hours:scared1:.

Glad you got to enjoy the day before your flight issues!:)

We have our family trip in the works for the 18th - 23rd, looks like we'll just miss each other

I would be MORE than happy to stay until you get there! :banana: Unfortunately I don't think that will happen. DH says 15 nights is too long, so he is pushing for a shorter trip next year. I will say I could have used another day off, so I can see how 14 nights would be OK. Not sure I would agree to anything shorter than that.

Sorry to hear about your luggage and delays. My friend flew out of MCO yesterday, and her flight was delayed 8+ hours:scared1:.

Glad you got to enjoy the day before your flight issues!:)

8 hours would be brutal! :eek: The first part of our delay wasn't too bad because we had staked out a good spot at the gate. Then they CHANGED the gate! :mad: The new gate was at the very end of the terminal and there were NO seats, plus a TON of people already waiting for a flight to Michigan. I wish we would have stayed in our seats and just listened to the announcements, but then we would have had to elbow our way through all the people to get to the plane when they did finally start to board.

I cannot believe that happened with your bags and they are saying it's not their fault. Of course it is. I am not the type to demand free stuff but I would be yelling about getting something for that. At least you got home safe though, that's the most important thing.

So, to back up a bit, yesterday was a decent day.

We got the luggage checked through to the airport and they did NOT accost my bag witht he tape measure. They did NOT charge us to check the bags, which was what DH was afraid they would do. We put the carry-ons with Bell services and had them take the Owner's Locker, then we went to MK. We arrived about 10 AM.

We rode Buzz, got a FP for DS to ride Space Mtn., rode Tea Cups. They have moved the construction wall out so you can't walk from the Speedway around the back of the Cups anymore. You have to swing around to the left and enter the queue from the other side.

We rode Pooh, then Haunted Mansion. Got a FP for Big Thunder, rode Pirates.

After that we had lunch at Casey's so DH could cross that off his list. After lunch we rode the People Mover, and JUBILATION! Space Mtn. was broken and the lights were on. Made DS's day. :laughing: Of course when we got off he was not pleased that Space was broken. We rode Big Thunder, then we had ice cream. Then DS did get to ride Space before we left the park. :)

HI! Glad you are home safely. Sorry to hear about the soaked luggage, LAME! Your last day at MK sounds great! SO cool that DS got to see SM with the lights on!! We love the People Mover! Which hot dog did DH get? Did he like it? We are already planning our next trip to WDW! I'm praying that we get a normal tax return next year so we can do a 3 night Disney Dream cruise, and then 7 nights at WDW. Idk what happened with Uncle Sam this year! I wanted to ask you what you thought of the Magic, the Memories and You castle show? We were able to see it twice and we were blown away! I've never seen anything like that before. Mike videotaped it on our last night. :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter