Don't be a Drag, Just be a Queen June 3-18 (MORE PICS ADDED 6/25!)

The bus thing was very similar at the Poly last year. You get there early and sit on a bench and wait for the bus and then latecomers stand at the curb and get on first. Whatever.

I have never eaten at the Plaza but the pictures look good. Especially the brownie sundae. If I could have any food from the MK this morning I would have had a chocolate croissant from the Bakery. This afternoon when it hits 100 I will want a Dole Whip Float.

What's for dinner?

Maryann, last night was Flying Fish but DH has the pics. I thought I left my camera in the room. I realized this AM I had my camera the whole time. :rolleyes:

We were on a MISSION this morning. We got to MGM about 8:25, they opened at 9 AM. There were only about 15 people on the bus. We managed to get to Toy Story right at rope drop, so that was good. A word of caution about single rider for RnRC - if no wait time is listed, BEWARE! DS insisted on riding. I had a drink that I wanted to finish, so he and DH went. FORTY MINUTES LATER they got off the ride. Seriously?? Stand by was 50. :headache:

We had lunch at Backlot Express. We have walked past that place 100 times but we had never been inside. I had a turkey sandwich, DS and DH had chicken nuggets. The CS places at MGM have these amazing chocolate cupcakes, but they are filled with peanut butter. Gag.

We've never done an Epcot reosrt, but at AKL it goes like this:

There are 5 bus stops, one for each park and one for DTD. There are a couple of benches in each area. The people who get there first tend to sit on the benches. The people who walk up later tend to stand right up at the curb where the bus will stop, so the bench people are toast.

Where it gets really exciting is when people swing around from the back of the line and cut off everybody trying to get on. :rolleyes: There is a really BIG pole near the curb, and people coming from the right in front of the pole are line jumpers. I did see a driver get off the bus the other day and stand between the pole and the bus so people HAD to go behind the pole to join the flow of people getting on, but not very many of them do that.
Same way at the Epcot resorts. :rolleyes:

DS thinks he wants to stay at Beach Club or Boardwalk next year, but I don't think I can deal with the buses. At Kidani it's the devil we know as opposed to the devil we don't. Plus we will have 2 bathrooms if we get a 1 bedroom. Not to mention that I have NEVER seen a full bus come from Kidani. At least we wouldn't be waiting for a second bus.

Dr. G, I know. :) I can't seem to call it DHS.

Pics from the savanna outside of Sanaa. Our table also had a savanna view so we could see zebras, ostiches, and giraffes while we ate. :goodvibes

Disney2011D90wk2003.jpg

Disney2011D90wk2006.jpg

DS has requested dinner at Boma. Ordinarily I am opposed to dinner buffets because he will only eat ONE plate of food. But we didn't have dinner plans, so I went down to the concierge desk and had them book an ADR for us. We'll go downstairs in about 45 minutes. Not sure what we'll do after that. If it is still raining maybe we'll just get a DVD and hang in the room tonight.

So I promised Nemo and gorilla pics but I am not sure I can coax them out of PhotoBucket in the time I have before the hotel internet connection times out. :rolleyes:

I am working on loading some other pics, though. :thumbsup2

Great pictures! I stayed at BW once during low season and many times it was standing room on the busses since they make so many stops. I did find them to come more frequently than at SSR however.

Great pictures! I stayed at BW once during low season and many times it was standing room on the busses since they make so many stops. I did find them to come more frequently than at SSR however.

We noticed the buses are YC/BC, then BW with Swan/Dolphin. We took a bus to MK from Boardwalk one night and it was kind of a pain to stop at the Swan and the Dolphin. Had I been trying to make rope drop i would have been going insane.

Dinner at Flying Fish (second time)

Amuse bouche of berries for DS
DisneyD200wk2045.jpg

Shrimp cocktail
DisneyD200wk2046.jpg

Lobster spring rolls & citrus salad with squid (there were 2, but we ate one before we took a photo)
DisneyD200wk2047.jpg

Scallops with risotto
DisneyD200wk2048.jpg

Wahoo fish of the day
DisneyD200wk2050.jpg

Kid's mac & cheese
DisneyD200wk2051.jpg

There was also champagne, a wine flight, some sorbet between courses, and a blood orange margarita. ;)

Dinner at Boma was good. Not sure if it was really $37 per person good. I guess it was. Of course DS did NOT eat $37 worth of food. :rolleyes: I am assuming that is the "holiday" pricing that is in effect seasonally. So maybe it is only $33 per person during slower seasons. :confused:

DH is going to do some laundry. DS is going to watch Lilo & Stitch on DVD. Early entry at MK tomorrow!

We've never done an Epcot reosrt, but at AKL it goes like this:

There are 5 bus stops, one for each park and one for DTD. There are a couple of benches in each area. The people who get there first tend to sit on the benches. The people who walk up later tend to stand right up at the curb where the bus will stop, so the bench people are toast.

Where it gets really exciting is when people swing around from the back of the line and cut off everybody trying to get on. :rolleyes: There is a really BIG pole near the curb, and people coming from the right in front of the pole are line jumpers. I did see a driver get off the bus the other day and stand between the pole and the bus so people HAD to go behind the pole to join the flow of people getting on, but not very many of them do that.

Same way at the Epcot resorts. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info!:thumbsup2

I do remember the bus stops being similar at POFQ in 2008, but it was in January, so it wasn't very busy.

The food at Flying Fish looks GREAT!!!!! And champagne, a wine flight, and a blood orange margarita sound great, too!

I forgot to mention that our server at Boma was lovely. :goodvibes

Today is early entry at MK. The PROBLEM is how SLOW everybody is moving! :mad: After Tuesday's bus debacle we need to be at the bus EARLY!

We are having a sort of brunch at Kona today. No dinner ADR.

I can't believe we only have 2 full park days left. :guilty: Not that the trip has seemed short, I just don't want it to be over.

Looking back at my first post I realized we didn't mention Characters in Flight again. The balloon IS there, but it was not in operation either day we were at DTD. The sign said it was too windy. I talked to a lady on the bus who said they had been to DTD in the evening several times and it had been closed each time. Bummer.

I guess there is a chance we might go to DTD on Saturday, but I really have no interest in doing the balloon ride again during the day.

DS thinks he wants to stay at Beach Club or Boardwalk next year, but I don't think I can deal with the buses. At Kidani it's the devil we know as opposed to the devil we don't. Plus we will have 2 bathrooms if we get a 1 bedroom. Not to mention that I have NEVER seen a full bus come from Kidani. At least we wouldn't be waiting for a second bus.

Dr. G, I know. :) I can't seem to call it DHS.
The plus side to staying at either of those is that you only need to wait for half the amount of busses, since you can walk to MGM and Epcot. ;)

I can't decide how I feel about Boma....it's not that I think it was bad per se, but NONE of us ate eve close to the amount it cost. I know the younger two did not dig it....frankly, I don't think Bill thought it was that fab either.

Dinner at Boma was good. Not sure if it was really $37 per person good. I guess it was. Of course DS did NOT eat $37 worth of food. :rolleyes: I am assuming that is the "holiday" pricing that is in effect seasonally. So maybe it is only $33 per person during slower seasons. :confused:

DH is going to do some laundry. DS is going to watch Lilo & Stitch on DVD. Early entry at MK tomorrow!

The walk To Epcot is very easy...MGM is too far from BWV for Bill's knees

The plus side to staying at either of those is that you only need to wait for half the amount of busses, since you can walk to MGM and Epcot. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter