Don't be a Drag, Just be a Queen June 3-18 (MORE PICS ADDED 6/25!)

Love the safari and mini golf pics!

I also love that you just got on whatever bus that came first. So spontaneous!:)

Don't forget to put your bottle in your CHECKED bags; I bought one at Italy, put it in my roll-aboard thinking it would be less likely to get broken - and they confiscated it at TSA.

Oh, honey, we are going to DRINK it before it is time to go home! :rotfl: Wine is very tricky to transport, so we aren't even going to try. I am sorry about your wine!

Love the safari and mini golf pics!

I also love that you just got on whatever bus that came first. So spontaneous!:)

We never do that. But we had no plans for dinner so we agreed that between MK and Epcot we would get on whatever bus showed up first. ;)

I always end up sunburning my scalp along my part. This year I have been dabbing 100 SPF sunscreen on my part with my fingertips. Nope. Still burned. And now it is peeling. How sexy is THAT? :rolleyes:

Yesterday I wore a baseball cap to Epcot and it made a HUGE difference. I thought it would be hot, but it was awesome. I didn't feel like I was frying bacon on my head as we walked around World Showcase. Today I am back to trying to sunscreen my scalp. I don't want to wear a hat to MK. :rotfl:

I always end up sunburning my scalp along my part. This year I have been dabbing 100 SPF sunscreen on my part with my fingertips. Nope. Still burned. And now it is peeling. How sexy is THAT? :rolleyes:

Yesterday I wore a baseball cap to Epcot and it made a HUGE difference. I thought it would be hot, but it was awesome. I didn't feel like I was frying bacon on my head as we walked around World Showcase. Today I am back to trying to sunscreen my scalp. I don't want to wear a hat to MK. :rotfl:

That's why David made me buy that bush hat the first day we were in Florida. :D

Fabulous pictures....tell Jody we are impressed!

Bill said you need to go back to Beaches & Cream and have the No Way Jose!!;)

My scalp burns, too. My hair is so thin-it is ridiculous! I also get the burn/rash on my legs due to the reflection of the sun on the concrete! Sometimes sunscreen works and sometimes it doesn't. :confused3

Loving your report....pics of Safari were Awesome!

I know what you mean about Sunburn. On our first trip to DW I had braids in and you know how many parts are in those. I got sunburned the first day and every morning after it was an 1/2 hour ritual to put sunscreen on on parts. With the braids, I had too much hair for a hat.

Make sure you check your bags before you leave. You don't want to have that roach hitchin a ride. :scared1:

Fabulous pictures....tell Jody we are impressed!

Bill said you need to go back to Beaches & Cream and have the No Way Jose!!;)

K, that has peanut butter in it. Yuck!

My scalp burns, too. My hair is so thin-it is ridiculous! I also get the burn/rash on my legs due to the reflection of the sun on the concrete! Sometimes sunscreen works and sometimes it doesn't. :confused3

Loving your report....pics of Safari were Awesome!

I use Aveeno SPF 55 lotion on my legs and arms and it works great. DH usually uses the spray. My scalp is the one thing I just can't seem to manage effectively.

I know what you mean about Sunburn. On our first trip to DW I had braids in and you know how many parts are in those. I got sunburned the first day and every morning after it was an 1/2 hour ritual to put sunscreen on on parts. With the braids, I had too much hair for a hat.

Make sure you check your bags before you leave. You don't want to have that roach hitchin a ride. :scared1:

OUCH on having rows of sunbourn!! :scared1:
I will come unglued if we bring roaches home in our luggage.

We had a great time at MK this morning! Love early entry.

HATE that the deluxes don't have queues for the buses. :headache: The buses have been worse this year than they were in previous years. This morning there were probbaly 50 people waiting, plus 2 scooters. The driver loaded the scooters, then when he opened the front door a BUNCH of people tried to jump the line from the side. One guy who successfully cut in front of DOZENS of people got on the bus and proceeded to tell everyone to keep moving back because there were a lot of people waiting. REALLY, you pompous jerk? How about you stay on the sidewalk and WAIT YOUR FLIPPIN' TURN?????

I said last year that the buses would be what tip us over to staying at Kidani, and for 2012 I mean it. Kidani!

Fishing Excursion

FishingandPlaza001.jpg

FishingandPlaza003.jpg

FishingandPlaza005.jpg

FishingandPlaza009.jpg

FishingandPlaza010.jpg

FishingandPlaza014.jpg

I have to say that the standards of cleanliness at MK are REALLY slipping. At 8 AM there were SWARMS of flies all over the tables at the food stand at the bottom of Astro Orbiter. Flies shouldn't be interested in clean tables. There was chocolate/ice cream topping all over the ground, it just looked dirty. Apparently they don't clean anything after the park closes.

At The Plaza there were flies all over. We spent the better part of our meal waving them away - it was kind of gross. We had an 11 AM ADR and there were crumbs all over the chairs. Again, they appear to not clean after the park closes. How hard is it to brush off the chairs and run a vacuum? :confused3 It is hard to enjoy a meal when there are flies everywhere. The Plaza OPENS at 11 AM - the chairs should have been clean and there shouldn't have been flies all over. I think it is interesting to note that even after the remodel this restaurant still only seats about 95 people. And they DO have good food. Our server wasn't excited to be there. We seem to have hit a run of not-so-fabulous servers.

Jackie told me to tell you she feels your pain...she went to 6 flags on Sunday and sunburned her part....she says she feels like someone is biting her head. lol

Jackie told me to tell you she feels your pain...she went to 6 flags on Sunday and sunburned her part....she says she feels like someone is biting her head. lol

It hurts! Tell her to wait until it peels. It will show up much better in her dark hair than it shows up in mine! ;)

We had a great time at MK this morning! Love early entry.

HATE that the deluxes don't have queues for the buses. :headache: The buses have been worse this year than they were in previous years. This morning there were probbaly 50 people waiting, plus 2 scooters. The driver loaded the scooters, then when he opened the front door a BUNCH of people tried to jump the line from the side. One guy who successfully cut in front of DOZENS of people got on the bus and proceeded to tell everyone to keep moving back because there were a lot of people waiting. REALLY, you pompous jerk? How about you stay on the sidewalk and WAIT YOUR FLIPPIN' TURN?????

I said last year that the buses would be what tip us over to staying at Kidani, and for 2012 I mean it. Kidani!

I have never stayed at a deluxe, so I didn't know that they don't have queues for the buses. My family is considering staying at an Epcot resort next year... it is good to know these things! So, there is no sense of order? That type of thing can drive me a little crazy. ;)

I have never stayed at a deluxe, so I didn't know that they don't have queues for the buses. My family is considering staying at an Epcot resort next year... it is good to know these things! So, there is no sense of order? That type of thing can drive me a little crazy. ;)

We've never done an Epcot reosrt, but at AKL it goes like this:

There are 5 bus stops, one for each park and one for DTD. There are a couple of benches in each area. The people who get there first tend to sit on the benches. The people who walk up later tend to stand right up at the curb where the bus will stop, so the bench people are toast.

Where it gets really exciting is when people swing around from the back of the line and cut off everybody trying to get on. :rolleyes: There is a really BIG pole near the curb, and people coming from the right in front of the pole are line jumpers. I did see a driver get off the bus the other day and stand between the pole and the bus so people HAD to go behind the pole to join the flow of people getting on, but not very many of them do that.

I think I would have freaked out about the grasshopper too and the roach would have sent me over the edge!!

Didnt you have the pest control come last year too?

I love the Plaza, we went in dec. but it was too cold to have the ice cream so I had cheesecake instead plus the cheese steak too.

Where did you eat dinner last night.

I know what you mean about the line jumpers. At the BC we were waiting and some girl just blew past everyone and just walked on the bus like it was nothing! Since dh folds the wheelchair up when we are on the bus I was waiting to see if she was sitting in the handicapped seats cause I was so wanting to tell her to get up and move!

I guess Disney must think deluxe resort guests have better bus manners so they dont need a line queue:rotfl2:, yeah right. Its just all about deluxe resort aesthetics I think.

Seems some people have the motto of every Disney person for themself. I try to be laid back about it, but if its hot and I have been waiting I might turn into a Country Bear and not the Disney Kind!

Hope you have a magical day.

I just couldn't tolerate that! Even when my Mom had a Scooter. We waited in the regular line and one person went with her. I would have to speak up. My DH always says that my mouth is going to get him killed. I do try to be nice but not when I am waiting/baking in the hot sun. I think I too turn into a non Disney Country Bear. LOL

Flies REALLY!!! That would make me insane too! The food again looks great though. Glad I am eating lunch!! Fishing looks like fun. Your DH face on the last picture is priceless!!!:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter