• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Donny Osmond - Appearing tonight in Pawtucket, RI

kelleigh1

<font color=purple>Disney Baby<br><font color=gree
My friend just called to tell me that Donny Osmond is going to be at McCoy Stadium tonight.

She said had she known, she would have bought my tickets off me. I told her she could still have them if she wanted to drive on up to Boston since I have them with me right now and I'm not going to the game.

His appearance wouldn't have convinced me to go to the game, but I'm wondering if there are any big Donny fans out there that would have been excited about seeing him in person.

Well technically, he is appearing at one. That happens to be who the Pawsox are playing tonight. Quick - get on a plane! ;)

I live 5 minutes from McCoy Stadium! I just checked the Pawsox website and it doesn't say anything about it. Is he singing the national anthem?

Allie: sorry I didn't see your message before I signed off for the day. I guess he was part of a 92 PRO FM promotion. I wasn't going to the game last night, but I think he was supposed to sing the national anthem.

I LOVE Donny Osmond! :love:

I thought about going to Rhode Island yesterday for the game, but I chickened out when I thought about driving there without my DH (he had to work). One of these days I'll have to be brave.
Anyway, I thought about Donny all evening....so close but yet, so far. :sad1:

LOL I didn't know the Hens were over there. They have been IL champs for 2 years but really stink this year. I hope it went well. I would be a complete wreck if I was in front of Donny Osmond--or David Cassidy, or Bobby Sherman for that matter. And yes, I know they are all OLD--Donny will be 50 this year, and David is 57--but I don't care, they and the Monkees were all my heartthrobs!
Robin M.

I LOVE Donny Osmond! :love:

I thought about going to Rhode Island yesterday for the game, but I chickened out when I thought about driving there without my DH (he had to work). One of these days I'll have to be brave.
Anyway, I thought about Donny all evening....so close but yet, so far. :sad1:

Apparently he was in attendance at the Red Sox game yesterday afternoon. I was on the computer, but hubby was watching the game and said they showed him. Not sure if he sang there or was just watching the game.

Funny story....my daughter, 15, was watching a video on youtube. She thought it was a band I knew (it was from the "old days" :rolleyes: ). I had no clue who they were and I found videos from the Osmonds. I told her THIS was who I liked when I was her age. I was not sure what kind of reaction I was going to get, but the one I got was totally unexpected! She LOVED the music! :banana: She thought Donny was SOOOO cute! She now has Osmond music downloaded on to her mp3 and when I showed her my old collection in the attic of the posters and stuff, she snagged them up and brought them downstairs. Donny's posters are now on the bedroom wall! (funny, she is in my old room...the posters are back where they were 30 years ago!):dance3:

I saw his Christmas show in Vegas last December (mostly pop songs, a few Christmas songs). He really has a beautiful voice. I was never "into" him as a teen idol, but I did watch Donnie and Marie.

However, you should have seen the middle aged women SCREAM and run for the stage at various points during the show! It was amazing in a sick way. There was one elderly lady in our row with a CANE who hobbled over us to hobble down the row to go to the stage. People brought Marie Osmond dolls and held them in their laps! A very strange crowd.

However, the show was decent and his voice excellent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter