Done with dlp

Status
Not open for further replies.
simplyshaz, so sorry you had such a disappointing time, I'd have been very unhappy if we'd been treated the same too. Did you complain?

many DISers have pink glasses on while they're in Disneyland Paris, and come back with a lot of highs and very few lows (they have lows but they hate to talk about it because they fear they will be considered to be part of the "negative crew", so they hush hush ...
I know I put on my rose-tinted glasses wherever I go on holiday - like everyone else we have to save hard for our breaks so I'm always going to be looking for the best in them regardless of whether it's DLP or a weekend in London. And no one should ever feel intimidated about posting about lows on here, of course people would much rather read about highs but that would be the same about any subject, I would hope!

There is a thread here that went unnoticed about rumors that The Walt Disney Company has stopped all investments in DLP pending results of the Ratatouille ride.
I don't think it's gone totally unnoticed - 351 reads at present.

I would have asked to be moved... I do it all the time in restaurants. Near a door? Near a toilet? Near some cranky old couple? I just politely say "we would prefer to sit.... xxxxx".

Such a shame to have not had a brilliant time though. I am glad it is our first time coming up - nothing to compare it to!

Sorry to read you had such a bad trip.

Thanks for posting though.

Ive been back and forth on dlrp next year but your post has made me come to a final decision - it's back to WDW saving for us now.

chmurf said:
Sorry about your bad experience

many DISers have pink glasses on while they're in Disneyland Paris, and come back with a lot of highs and very few lows (they have lows but they hate to talk about it because they fear they will be considered to be part of the "negative crew", so they hush hush ...

I actually feel quite the opposite. I'm beginning to feel if I write anything POSITIVE I fear the response these days!
Johnny works hard, and we've made huge sacrifices this year that have been the hardest test on our relationship - so when I'm at Disney, I'm damn well going to enjoy it. Disney perks are our lifesaver this year and with out them, I personally do not know how we would function normally!

I actually feel quite the opposite. I'm beginning to feel if I write anything POSITIVE I fear the response these days!

I know you're going to take it personnal again, even though it's not my intention, but I must say that I have a hard time understanding why anyone would fear a response, on a message board, in response to an opinion they have confidence in.

This is just the basis, the founding principle of all forums, it was even the same principle in Rome in their "real life" foras.

The only reason I (me, myself and I) would fear a response, is when I know that my opinion/thoughts do not hold water. And in such case, I don't post at all.

A forum is a place to exchange opinions, sometimes they are strong and passionate (this is a fan forum, there is supposed to be fire in the poster's eyes and heart, it would be so dull if all what people had to say was "it's cold for the season, ain't it ?" and even then, someone could disagree and prove the OP wrong)
As long as the posts are respectful (and they have been on my part) I don't think it is forbidden to reply "I don't agree with you, because ... " and explain why
A forum is not a place where every post has to be followed by only 50 pages of "This !"

I also don't understand why someone would get offended because, when they offered their point of view, someone DARED to voice their own opinion, and a different one at that (how rude... lol)

My mom always told me, "If you think you're not gonna like the answer, don't ask the question"

Lisa_C said:
Johnny works hard, and we've made huge sacrifices this year that have been the hardest test on our relationship - so when I'm at Disney, I'm damn well going to enjoy it. Disney perks are our lifesaver this year and with out them, I personally do not know how we would function normally!

Completely agree. We love DLP so much, can't imagine ever coming to a decision of never going again. Its our happy place, it is what you make it. It costs us the same for 4 nights as a week in a 4* all inclusive hotel but we can't keep away!

Honest question to Lisa and the other big DLRP fans on this thread. And I ask this with zero snark or malice.

Do you think your love for DLRP is more in your head than in the park? Does it make you forgive it's flaws quicker than the rest of us.

I know I defend WDW to people who tell me they had a bad time there. In fact I don't just defend it - I make excuses for it!! "Oh, you must have missed x,y or z" etc.

I think our love for WDW is such that just one photo of the place makes me happy. One snippet of sound or smell. Jack and I quote the bus spiel and listen to the park audio.

I don't have that for DLRP - I wish I did. You guys seem to - you're lucky.

Like you say Lisa DLRP has been your saviour this year. So you have an emotional bond that makes you love it there.

You'd think I would after getting engaged there and I love the memory of that engagement. But the return just didn't live up to my memories. A huge shame for me. :(

I've never done WDW, we can afford to but I begrudge spending £7k+ on a holiday, no matter how wonderful it could be. I love DLP as a whole, from the parks, village, castle, rides, characters, parades, meals, hotels, shops plus the look on my children's faces when we walk through those turnstiles. No other holiday we've been on gives us such a warm, happy feeling.

I think it differs for everyone.

For me, there are many personal reasons why I'll probably never make it to WDW or DL. Therefore the only bit of Disney I'll probably ever get is at DLP. If that's the poor relation, then that's what it is.

I have a strong emotional attachment to DLP. My kids have been going there since they were small and each time I walk into the park I re-live all those memories.

We don't all like the same food/drink/house types/cars/clothes/make-up or people. So, why on earth would we all like the same Disney park? They are all different (so I've heard) and that's a good thing I think.

I don't bash WDW or any other park - how can I? I've never been. But I do sometimes feel like I'm being made to feel like I'm an idiot or that I'm a bit dim for saying I'm actually happy and like DLP.

I like DLP - big deal. If someone doesn't, then that's fine too.

As everyone says here, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Right now, it seems that the people happy to continue visiting DLP are getting a bit of a bashing....I don't get it confused3 I feel like I need to justify being happy :(

I love the dis....I come here to be happy and cheer myself up after a rubbish day at work...I love reading other's trip reports and re-reading my own...I can escape the real world and relax with all things Disney, which let's face it is what it's all about. Maybe I am and idiot and dim...well if that's what I am then so be it. I am a happy dim idiot :goodvibes

Ms Poppins said:

For me, there are many personal reasons why I'll probably never make it to WDW or DL. Therefore the only bit of Disney I'll probably ever get is at DLP. If that's the poor relation, then that's what it is.

I have a strong emotional attachment to DLP. My kids have been going there since they were small and each time I walk into the park I re-live all those memories.

We don't all like the same food/drink/house types/cars/clothes/make-up or people. So, why on earth would we all like the same Disney park? They are all different (so I've heard) and that's a good thing I think.

I don't bash WDW or any other park - how can I? I've never been. But I do sometimes feel like I'm being made to feel like I'm an idiot or that I'm a bit dim for saying I'm actually happy and like DLP.

I like DLP - big deal. If someone doesn't, then that's fine too.

As everyone says here, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Right now, it seems that the people happy to continue visiting DLP are getting a bit of a bashing....I don't get it confused3 I feel like I need to justify being happy :(

I love the dis....I come here to be happy and cheer myself up after a rubbish day at work...I love reading other's trip reports and re-reading my own...I can escape the real world and relax with all things Disney, which let's face it is what it's all about. Maybe I am and idiot and dim...well if that's what I am then so be it. I am a happy dim idiot :goodvibes

Brilliantly said!

Ms Poppins said:

Yes! I don't have to justify why I love the park, I've been since early days and its "my park", much the same as a friend grew up in CA and calls that their home park even though they live here.
Emotional attachment? Indeed. My kids have grown up/growing up there and many many happy memories are held.
Lifesaver? At the moment, yes. My Fiancé works in Paris. It's where we prefer to go so we don't face reality of being apart. This could have been anywhere though, not just DLP. And yup, we got engaged there and we can show the grandkids the balcony when we're old.
I'm afraid I do indeed think twice about posting these days and got close to leaving today. It seems some of us are being told that we have the wrong opinion and we should wise up. Well sorry, but nothing will ever make me loose my love of Disneyland Paris, no matter how bad things get, there is ALWAYS sunshine on the horizon, and I choose to see it :)

no-one's opinion can be wrong - because its an opinion, its not a fact, opinion is based on perception, and thats different for everyone.

If it helps, try putting "in my opinion" before reading a post (I'm not singling anyone out, I suggest everyone try it) - because thats what forum posts are in the main, opinions.

Thanks for the "opinion" post Elaine. It seems things are too heated here lately for things like that to matter though. :(

Seeing as we're not going to DLRP again for a long time I'll be leaving this board now.

It seems in trying to get honest opinions and discussion from people - members seem to think I'm calling them idiots or making them justify why they like something.

I don't come here to have words put in my mouth. Enjoy your board and your trips to DLRP. At least I won't be there making it busier for you.

I hope you don't leave us Torsie - you have a lot of experience of DLP and it would be a shame to lose you - it would be a shame to lose anyone because of a difference of opinion.

As this thread appears to be alienating people, I think its time it was closed. Sorry simplyshaz .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter