• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Donald's Safari Breakfast - Need Some Experiences

middlepat

Dis Dad Member #325
All,

We are planning our trip to the World in November and I heard recently on the WDW Today podcast that the parking gates for Animal Kingdom typically do not open until close to rope drop.

We were hoping to schedule an early breakfast at Donald's Safari @ Tusker House, but now I'm concerned that I will not be able to drive there in time.

Can anyone give me some insight/experience with this?

Thanks!

I am not familiar with parking as we stay onsite - however I do know if you have an early breakfast reservation at the parks there is a turnstile area to enter and you need your ADR reservation number. I would think they have some kind of arrnagement for the parking lots as well. There should be some place to go or someone to show your ADR reservation to be able to park in the lot early.

Maybe if you check on the transportation boards someone might know. Did you call WDW-DINE and ask them? I'm sure they should know or at least know who you should talk to to find out the answeer to this.

Good luck!

We've done it both ways...using busses and driving our own vehicle. Last December we drove and had 8am Tusker House reservation...we arrived at the parking lot gates at 7:30 am and waited, and waited and waited....I think they finally opened the parking lot at 7:55am. We parked right up front, walked to the turnstiles and they asked for our names there. We were back at the restaurant by 8:05 - 8:10am.

I was getting worried at the parking lot guard house...but it all worked out. I am sure that they were probably just running a little late that day.

I should have stated in my previous post that the park hours that day were 9am - 5pm. We always do the early 8am breakfasts at MK and AK.....we have always been able to get into the parks about 7:45 or so......there are always employees around to help.

I'm also interested in these answers. Because I want to book an 8am breakfast at Tusker, we will have a van, but prefer to take the bus. Just wondering what others have experienced.

I have taken the bus and driven. I prefer the bus, but you will make it by the SKIN of your teeth driving.

We were there this past April. We had an 8:05 AM ADR and the park opened at 9:00.

We always rent a car, but I had heard that AK parking lot doesn't always open early enough, so I considered taking the bus that morning. DH convinced me that we should drive and take our chances. We drove and it was fine. We got to the lot at about 7:40 and it was open. We were able to park extremely close to the entrance and got to TH in plenty of time.

Thanks for all the experiences. It sounds like we will be fine for driving. We were a bit concerned because with a young 2 yo we know we'll have the stroller with us and getting that thing on and off the bus is a royal pain. (I know from the last trip)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter